Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: [SH7218U] How to/Q&A-Custom ROM-modifications-etc.

Feedback Score
    After trying several times unsuccessfully to install Google Play on this phone I have used a slightly different workaround. I have installed the chinese version of the app market 'shouji.com' and download my apps with no trouble at all.
    The app is in chinese, but as most mainstream apps in the marketplace are named in English I have so far had no trouble finding & installing Instagram, Streamzoo, Text By Voice, Hotmail and some games.

There is one thing about this phone that bugs me to high heaven. Its so frustrating I have actually stopped sending texts these days.
    If anyone could help me work out how to fix this problem I would be so greatful.
    The problem is this, when texting using multitap English in Sogou input, if you proceed too fast spaces are ignored and the next character is printed if the preceding word ends with the same letter that starts the next word. For instance 'I know what you mean my friend. The cat took the fish' comes out as 'I knowxat you meanoy friend. The catuook thedish'
    The only way this can be avoided is if you type excruciatingly slow, and this isnt a viable way of texting for me.
    This one bug has ruined my user experience with what I would have considered a perfect phone.
    If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know. I dont text anymore because it is so horrible

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey GrecoB, do you have a video of that input? I could try writing that later. What other applications are running at the same time? Is this in the SMS application only? I will try to write the sentence and report back

Carrier(s)
    Globe Telecoms
    Feedback Score
    Hi everyone!

Can someone please reupload the SH-01B file? The link posted no longer works... Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstare View Post
    Hi everyone!

Can someone please reupload the SH-01B file? The link posted no longer works... Thanks in advance!
    Hey silentstare.
    Could you please point me to which post/link that contains the "SH-01B" file which you've meant? I will see if I might be able to help out.

Carrier(s)
    Globe Telecoms
    Feedback Score
    tre54321, the first post:

Quote Originally Posted by ahhdillon View Post
    SH-01B Clock:

If you are familiar with the SH-01B and its outer display, one option is to have the outer display show as a large stylish clock that covers the entire display. Now is the chance to have this on your SH7218U as well, I will attach the specific file to this post for download. The file for the SH-01B clock is known as “subsystemserver.apk”. This process is very simple but must be done carefully and precisely. Throw subsystemserver onto your sdcard, and as per the method of Gapps installation, move the file to system/app, you will then be notified that placing this application in system/app will overwrite an already existing application with the same name, select overwrite. DO NOT be alarmed with what happens next, many force closes will appear and will not go away, so pulling the battery is the next step. After restarting your phone, you will notice that the outer display will not show up when the phone is closed, this is completely normal. Navigate to system/app and find subsystemserver.apk, begin to change its permissions to ALL nine check boxes. After selecting all of the permission boxes, reboot your phone and you will have the SH-01B clock! It comes with three options; small clock, big clock, and clock & date, with the interchangeable options to choose one as standard in settings>display>external display. As an added bonus the kanji symbol for “OUT” will display on the clock and date option.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?84q923wvccczokc
    I found two files from this link: http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....&t=2175932&p=1

1.) http://gigitse.com/forsharp7218/apk/...r_fixed12h.rar

2.) http://gigitse.com/forsharp7218/apk/...e_fixed12h.rar

which will give you a File Not Found. Change the domain name to http://www.missgi.net and it will work. I do not know about the difference of these two though.

Feedback Score
    Hey,

I have got a question. So if I flash my phone with one of the above new systems can I still controll the lights on the outside?

Greetings,

Eilwood

Feedback Score
    Hello, guys!
    Any progress with porting Android 2.3 for this phone?
    Silly qusetion - is there a brick possibility, if I try to flash SH7218T rom to SH7218U by myself? (Now I have CWM recovery installed /custom rom / root)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone having issues with the SH7218U with the screen going black when plugging the mini USB port to either pc or just to charge? Whebbibpress the buttons o hear them clicking and even dial tone, but the screen goes black when I connect it to the mini usb port.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martindesu View Post
    Yeah, that was Dom, but T9 for the SH7218u is a must
    Are there any news regarding this? I'm interested in this phone, but without T9 for the hardware keys it's kind of pointless... :/

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone still have the files from ahhdillon's first post? Since all the download links are dead, I wonder if somebody would be willing to reupload the files?

Or if someone would send them to me, I'd reupload them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7