Thread: IMEI Phone/4G LTE/Pantech Breakout

Feedback Score

IMEI Phone/4G LTE/Pantech Breakout

I bought a pantech breakout from craigslist. The IMEI is clear as per verizon so I know the 'esn is clear.' Problem is that page+ won't register it on their system because it has only an IMEI number instead of the esn or the hex. Now we know that verizon and everybody else will be switching because we're running out of unique numbers. What does that mean for PP users?

Secondly, there are some websites that convert your imei to ESN or PESN as in pseudo esn. I tried using those when registering and it was a no-go. Some people have endorsed being able to get the other verizon 4g devices to work on PP. How so? Do they, like the droid charge, have an esn in addition to the IMEI? Any word from any dealers on when PP will be able to register the new IMEI phones that eventually will comprise all new sprint and verizon phones?

Thanks for any help,
    omar

Feedback Score
    try activating it by dropping the last digit of the IMEI. You might get voice and SMS to work but not 3g.

Also, it may not activate over the air. if that is the case, activate the IMEI as i mentioned about, after the rep says it is active on their system, ask them what the MIN # is and manually program that # into your phone. I'm not sure how it is down on this particular phone, but most phones have dial code that you ent erthat will allow you to access manual input of these values.

let us know how itgoesS

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    According to another user:

Quote Originally Posted by willzzz View Post
    MetroPCS pure fail.

There is NO ESN/MEID on VZW anymore on 4G devices. They are GSM IMEI#'s, and the MEID is simply the GSM IMEI minus one digit (the 4G devices MEID is really a IMEI#, they are DIGITS!).
    I figured they had both an ESN and an IMEI but I've never used an LTE phone before.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    My understanding was that on Verizon LTE devices, the SIM contains the subscriber identity for both CDMA and LTE, which is why there is no ESN number. If two VZW subscribers trade LTE SIM cards, the account goes with the SIM rather than staying with the phone, even for CDMA service. The IMEI identifies the phone but not the subscriber, whereas on a CDMA network the ESN is assigned to the subscriber.

So it'd seem to me the obstacle to flashing a Verizon LTE phone to another CDMA carrier is, that carrier would have to support storing a CDMA subscriber identity on a SIM. Or you'd have to program the Thunderbolt to ignore the SIM.

Carriers
    Esia
    Smartfren
    Feedback Score
    You can get its MEID when you change its setting from "RUIM ONLY" to "NV ONLY" with cdmaworkshop or dfs.
    I'm using verizon breakout here in Indonesia.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Switch phone to PC Mode ... Drivers are inside the phone .... and then activate with pageplus and the same method works for the pantech breakout ....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bangeko View Post
    You can get its MEID when you change its setting from "RUIM ONLY" to "NV ONLY" with cdmaworkshop or dfs.
    I'm using verizon breakout here in Indonesia.
    Can you explain this more? I would like to sign up with the US carrier PagePlus with my Breakout, but the activation process requires the MEID#.

Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score

Re: IMEI Phone/4G LTE/Pantech Breakout

Why not just get a known supported phone rather then waste time trying too get the current one too work?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Netboy76 View Post
    Why not just get a known supported phone rather then waste time trying too get the current one too work?
    Because I already own a Breakout. Help from those who know is appreciated.