Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Increased its Charges

Feedback Score

Verizon Increased its Charges

My bill went up 75 cents this time. Last month my bill was $70.82 and this time it was $71.57. I called Verizon and talked with a rep who told me that taxes had gone up and that Verizon had no control over this.

I went online to my bill and checked last months charges against this months charges. Last months bill Verizon Wireless surcharge was $2.88 and the taxes , Government surcharge , and fees were $2.95 This time Verizon Wireless surcharge was $3.88 and the Taxes , Government surcharge , and fees were $3.00 for a total of a 74 cent increase.

regardless of what the person told me about Verizon having no control , I don't believe it. It is plain that the Verizon surcharge increased $.70 and the Taxes increased $.05 . they can control this. maybe not the Government part , but they can control the Verizon Wireless Surchages.

Have any of you had this increase ?

Feedback Score
    This is the only thing I have noticed. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1750027

Feedback Score
    Thanks , but those are not the same charges that they increased on me.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well it's right in the name, "Verizon surcharge." So it doesn't appear to be a tax. I don't have any bills around me to check with right now so be sure to look through the bill, front and back, and also the customer agreement. It actually says which are charges set by Verizon.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Looks like a $1.05 increase to me?

Only thing I know of recently was the + $0.16 admin fee...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score
    Bill Period: December 10, 2011 - January 09, 2012
    Need-to-Know Information | Explanation of Charges
    Quick Bill Summary
    Previous Balance
    $70.82
    Payment - Thank You
    -$70.82
    Balance Forward
    $0.00
    Current Balance
    Monthly Access Charges
    These are your fixed monthly charges that are based on your Plan and Optional Services. If you change your plans or services during the month, an adjusted charge that includes partial month charges or credits, may appear on your bill.
    $64.99
    Usage Charges
    These are your variable charges that depend on whether you have used any services that are billed on a per-use basis, or have exceeded any monthly allowance included in your Plan or Optional Services.
    Voice
    The "Voice" section of your bill Includes charges for voice calls, including calls that exceed your Plan's minute allowances, 411 Search, Long Distance and other calls.
    $0.00
    Messaging
    The "Messaging" section of your bill includes charges for all Text, Picture and Video messaging.
    $0.00
    Verizon Wireless' Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and services, and credits owing.
    $3.58 ( INCREASED )

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees
    Includes sales, excise and other taxes and governmental surcharges and fees that we are required by law to bill customers.
    $3.00 ( INCREASED )

Total Current Charges
    Includes all charges for your current billing period. It does not include past due charges.
    $71.57
    Total Charges Due by February 04, 2012

Last month charges:

Bill Period: November 10, 2011 - December 09, 2011
    Need-to-Know Information | Explanation of Charges
    Quick Bill Summary
    Previous Balance
    $70.82
    Payment - Thank You
    -$70.82
    Balance Forward
    $0.00
    Current Balance
    Monthly Access Charges
    These are your fixed monthly charges that are based on your Plan and Optional Services. If you change your plans or services during the month, an adjusted charge that includes partial month charges or credits, may appear on your bill.
    $64.99
    Usage Charges
    These are your variable charges that depend on whether you have used any services that are billed on a per-use basis, or have exceeded any monthly allowance included in your Plan or Optional Services.
    Voice
    The "Voice" section of your bill Includes charges for voice calls, including calls that exceed your Plan's minute allowances, 411 Search, Long Distance and other calls.
    $0.00
    Messaging
    The "Messaging" section of your bill includes charges for all Text, Picture and Video messaging.
    $0.00
    Verizon Wireless' Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
    Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and services, and credits owing.
    $2.88 ( COMPARED to this month's increase )

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees
    Includes sales, excise and other taxes and governmental surcharges and fees that we are required by law to bill customers.
    $2.95 ( COMPARED to this month's increase )

Total Current Charges
    Includes all charges for your current billing period. It does not include past due charges.
    $70.82
    Total Charges Due by January 04, 2012
    $70.82
    Last edited by Jillxz; 01-17-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If this is true, is this an opportunity to get out of the contract? I need to know for my boyfriend. His phone broke, no insurance, and he would like to switch to prepaid.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Go online and generate a DETAILED invoice, then provide the break out. Will look like this:

Verizon Wireless' Surcharges
    Fed Universal Service Charge 1.63
    Regulatory Charge .16
    Administrative Charge .83
    Intrast Switched Toll Acc Sur .25
    $2.87

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
    MI State 911 Charge .19
    MI State Use Tax 4.45
    $4.64

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher68 View Post
    If this is true, is this an opportunity to get out of the contract? I need to know for my boyfriend. His phone broke, no insurance, and he would like to switch to prepaid.

Your time is limited, since they notified people about the fee increases 2-3 billing periods ago...

See the thread posted above ^

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher68 View Post

Follow the link in the second post for a discussion about getting out of contracts. I do believe it states in the customer agreement that you have to do so within 60 days of notification of these changes. So depending on when the notification went out you might be out of time.

Feedback Score
    I was never notified of any changes in my bill. None whatsoever. Saw the charges when I went to pay my bill online and my monthly fee had increased.

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeap. My bill is up about $2.20 on family plans..

Feedback Score
    My fees increased and I still have a year to go on my contract.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My boyfriend wasn't notified of any charges, to his or my knowledge. I wonder if he can still call in though. We'll see.

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It won't hurt to call in and try. Whenever this get out of ETF has come up in the past most users report that VZW denies them getting out of their contract and instead issues a credit for the difference for the remainder of the contract. Some have still gotten out without the ETF but not without a fight. You boyfriend will need to be persistent and be prepared to spend a lot of time and make several calls. Even with doing that he may not have not be able to get out of the ETF. There was a thread on this recently, I'll see if I can find it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast