Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-mobile Walmart $30 Plan on Samsung Galaxy S II T989 ?

Feedback Score

T-mobile Walmart $30 Plan on Samsung Galaxy S II T989 ?

Does it work? I checked both Walmart and T-mobile online for $30 monthly 4G prepaid plan. I know I have to buy this plan online either at walmart store or online or tomobile online. I want to know if I can use this plan T-Mobile Monthly4G $30 Unlimited Web & Text with 100 min of talk, on Samsung Galaxy S II T989 (T-Mobile) phone? Thanks to all.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you can, and I have

Carriers
    T-Mobile, T-Mobile Prepaid
    LG G2, HTC One, Droid DNA, and a box full of phones...
    Feedback Score
    Yes. That's the beauty of GSM. You can use that plan with any T-Mobile branded phone or with any unlocked GSM phone*.

* AWS 1700/2100 bands required for 3G/4G

Feedback Score
    Thank you for fast reply. So I can basically buy this card for $30 on walmart.com and buy a new or used Samsung Galaxy S II on ebay for $500 and pop the SIM in to it and it should work right away or do I need an activation kit for 3 bucks from tmobile.com?
    I read somewhere here that I will also need to buy a cheap phone with this $30 card from walmart and then I can use the same SIM on my any other phone? Do you really get first 5GB at up to 4G speeds?

Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly4G
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by muftkhora View Post
    Thank you for fast reply. So I can basically buy this card for $30 on walmart.com and buy a new or used Samsung Galaxy S II on ebay for $500 and pop the SIM in to it and it should work right away or do I need an activation kit for 3 bucks from tmobile.com?
    I read somewhere here that I will also need to buy a cheap phone with this $30 card from walmart and then I can use the same SIM on my any other phone? Do you really get first 5GB at up to 4G speeds?
    You need a prepaid activation kit. You can get them anywhere, except a brick-and-mortar corporate T-Mobile store, since you must activate the SIM online (stores make you activate the account in store, where the plan is not available). What I did was:
    1. Obtain phone - Bought an off-contract HD7 at a T-Mobile store which I put on a spare pay-by-the-day SIM I had lying around (they only sell phones to T-Mobile customers).
    2. Obtain activation kit - Bought a Nokia 1616 at Best Buy for $20 in order to get the SIM and activation kit, since the kit cost as much as the Nokia at BB.
    3. Activate online - I bought a $30 FastCard refill at Best Buy in order to activate the plan. You must have at least $30 in your account before you can select the $30 plan.

If you're not already a T-Mobile customer, you'll want to do steps 2 and 3 before step 1.
    T-Mobile prepaid portal: http://www.tmobileportal.tk/

Feedback Score
    I have never been a Tmobile customer. I thought that if I just buy activation kit from tmobile then it also comes with a SIM??? Right or Wrong? Then I buy $30 4G plan card from walmart and finally buy Samsung Galazy SII (on eBay $500) and activate my new phone with the activation kit from Tmobile and then use the $30 card from Walmart?
    If this does not work like this then, can I buy a very cheap phone from Walmart along with the $30 4G card, activate it in Walmart, and then just TRANSFER the same SIM to my new Samsung Galaxy SII?
    Very confusing.......to me. Sorry!

Feedback Score
    Buy the sim card with activation kit here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X7RY06/

Buy your phone, either T989 or otherwise, anything as long as it works on T-mobile

Buy refill card anywhere--Walmart, callingmart.com etc.

Activate sim/phone/plan online at T-mobile. Use refill card to sign up for Monthly 4G plan

All questions about this can be sought here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...lan-due-Oct-16

Feedback Score
    Prepaid SIM card and activation kit is currently available on the T-mobile website for $2.99 + tax.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richardho View Post
    Prepaid SIM card and activation kit is currently available on the T-mobile website for $2.99 + tax.
    I ordered this on the 19th, fyi their free "2-4 day shipping" is estimated at 9 days by the tracking #

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly4G
    Feedback Score
    I have never been a Tmobile customer. I thought that if I just buy activation kit from tmobile then it also comes with a SIM??? Right or Wrong? Then I buy $30 4G plan card from walmart and finally buy Samsung Galazy SII (on eBay $500) and activate my new phone with the activation kit from Tmobile and then use the $30 card from Walmart?
    If this does not work like this then, can I buy a very cheap phone from Walmart along with the $30 4G card, activate it in Walmart, and then just TRANSFER the same SIM to my new Samsung Galaxy SII?
    Very confusing.......to me. Sorry!
    Sorry for any confusion. The part about being a T-Mobile customer only applies if you are going to buy a phone from one of their stores without signing up for a contract.

What I'd recommend is this: Go on T-Mobile.com and buy the $3(+tax) activation kit, along with a $30 card. Then buy your phone from wherever (eBay, Craigslist, etc.). Then activate the kit online with the $30 plan. Then put the SIM in your phone and enjoy. You do not even have to step foot in a walmart if you don't want to.

You can buy your activation kit anywhere except for a T-Mobile store because they have to activate it there, and the $30 100 min/5GB plan is only available for online activation or at Walmart. You can either buy the activation kit on its own (I've only seen these at T-Mobile.com ($3+tax) and Best Buy ($20)), or you can a prepaid phone, which comes with an activation kit (again, do NOT buy this at a T-Mobile retail store).

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who replied. My confusion started with this statement on walmart.com:

"The $30 Unlimited Web & Text with 100 min talk plan works only with T-Mobile Phones purchased from a Walmart store or from Walmart.com."

So when I checked the walmart.com for available phones to use with this $30 plan I did not find Samsung G.SII. The best available phone available on walmart.com is Samsung Exhibit II.

And, here is a statement on Amazon from a user (1/19/12) who bought this activation kit:
    QUOTE: Tried to activate the sim and activation code and got rejected by t-mobile prepaid website. Called a rep and they said, I need the activation code from t-mobile or walmart. Previous comments on this product are misleading. You will not be able to activate the $30 100 talk, unlimited data and text plan with this kit. UNQUOTE
    Last edited by muftkhora; 01-21-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: info added

Feedback Score
    Well, I can say that one month ago I purchased a Samsung Exhibit I on eBay, ordered an activation kit from T-mobile.com, and activated the Exhibit on the $30 Unlimited Web & Text / 100 min Plan with no problems (at the T-mobile website). The activation kit from t-mobile.com comes with an activation code.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Walmart might say that, but they're wrong. I recently did similar to post#2, except I bought the $20 Nokia 1616 from Walgreens at 2AM because we were feeling impatient and didn't want to wait for shipping on an activation kit, and after activation on tmobile.com, with a credit card payment to fund it, I put the SIM into a very specialized data-only device. There was certainly no Walmart visit involved.

Personally, I would feel a lot more comfortable getting the Activation kit directly from T-mobile rather than from a third-party Amazon seller (who claims a $200 retail price to make it look like they're giving a 97% discount).

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have the sg II with the Walmart plan. I went to Walmart and bought a cliq, activated Sim card online, then bought my galaxy and put it on the galaxy. It works great. just get a prepaid Sim card and go on the Tmobile website and activate it. There's an option for the $30 plan.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums

Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly4G
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who replied. My confusion started with this statement on walmart.com:

"The $30 Unlimited Web & Text with 100 min talk plan works only with T-Mobile Phones purchased from a Walmart store or from Walmart.com."

So when I checked the walmart.com for available phones to use with this $30 plan I did not find Samsung G.SII. The best available phone available on walmart.com is Samsung Exhibit II.

And, here is a statement on Amazon from a user (1/19/12) who bought this activation kit:
    QUOTE: Tried to activate the sim and activation code and got rejected by t-mobile prepaid website. Called a rep and they said, I need the activation code from t-mobile or walmart. Previous comments on this product are misleading. You will not be able to activate the $30 100 talk, unlimited data and text plan with this kit. UNQUOTE
    1. The Exhibit II 4G is marketed with the $30 plan since it only costs $200 off contract. T-Mobile doesn't market the GSII as a Monthly4G phone because it costs around $600 off contract. As it's been stated before, you can use ANY T-Mobile or unlocked GSM phone on this plan (I have a locked, T-Mobile branded HTC HD7 on it now).
    2. Then don't buy the SIM from Amazon. Either get it at T-Mobile.com for $3+tax, or if you don't want to wait for shipping, get a $20 Nokia 1616 anywhere except a retail T-Mobile store (they have to activate it when you buy it, and they can't activate the special $30 plan you want in a store).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast