Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

New LG Optimus 695 a.k.a. "Optimus2"

New phone coming.

LG Optimus 695, also called the "Optimus 2"

CDMA only, not LTE. Source says it runs smooth.

The picture above is the MetroPCS phone, but this phone has already been announced for another carrier earlier this month:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...eps-it-simple/
    LG Optimus 2 keeps it simple

by Kent German
    January 4, 2012

A year after LG brought Android to the masses with its entry-level Optimus line, the company is doing the same with its new Optimus 2.

Though positioned as a successor device, the Optimus 2 barely improves on the earlier models. It runs Gingerbread (thankfully), but the feature set is decidedly conservative.

You'll find a 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus, a speakerphone, a music player, Swype for the virtual keyboard, a camcorder, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, and a microSD slot that takes cards up to 32GB. The minimalist candy bar design has a 3.2-inch, 16 million-color capacitive touch screen and it all runs on an 800MHz processor.

The Optimus 2 operates on a standard CDMA (800/1900) network (for MetroPCS also AWS frequencies) and it supports 3G (EV-DO Rev. A) for data.
    Here's the LG product page:

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/LG-AS680.jsp

Remember that MetroPCS version may have slight differences (like also working on AWS frequencies). I also remember the Sprint version of the LG Optimus had FM radio while the MetroPCS version did not. Same stuff may happen with this one.

Last edited by ChazzMatt; 01-20-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Feedback Score
    Nice Find Chazz does not look bad at all.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i was gonna say why are they still making non lte phones but i think i can answer my own question by saying seems not everyone wants to be put on a higher plan for a phone they will barely use. anyways this phone isnt exciting but for those that just want a phone to txt and make calls im sure they will be thrilled lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    i was gonna say why are they still making non lte phones but i think i can answer my own question by saying seems not everyone wants to be put on a higher plan for a phone they will barely use. anyways this phone isnt exciting but for those that just want a phone to txt and make calls im sure they will be thrilled lol.
    I used to think the same way but with the 3g rolling out to all markets this phone will be more than enough for a lot of people.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    not everyone wants to be put on a higher plan for a phone they will barely use.
    anyways this phone isnt exciting but for those that just want a phone to txt and make calls im sure they will be thrilled lol.
    Well, there's no "higher" monthly cost plans LTE Androids vs non-LTE Adnroids. All Androids, whether LTE or not, are $50 and $60 per month. Smartphones start at $50, whether it's the "regular" $50 plan or the LTE $50 plan. (and remember, the 1GB data cap is really more than 1GB for the $50 LTE plan.)

However, the other concern would be purchase price of the phone. CDMA-only Androids SHOULD cost less than LTE/CDMA Androids, due to the absent LTE radio. I don't know what the price will be for this phone, but right now it better be at least $100 less than the LG [EDIT, I mean Samsung] Attain (currently $200) to be worth the slower CDMA-only speeds. It has smaller screen, smaller CPU -- and slower data speeds -- than the 3.5" LTE LG [EDIT, I meanSamsung] Attain.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 01-20-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Well, there's no "higher" monthly cost plans LTE Androids vs non-LTE Adnroids. All Androids, whether LTE or not, are $50 and $60 per month. Smartphones start at $50, whether it's the "regular" $50 plan or the LTE $50 plan. (and remember, the 1GB data cap is really more than 1GB for the $50 LTE plan.)

However, the other concern would be purchase price of the phone. CDMA-only Androids SHOULD cost less than LTE/CDMA Androids, due to the absent LTE radio. I don't know what the price will be for this phone, but right now it better be at least $100 less than the LG Attain (currently $200) to be worth the slower CDMA-only speeds. It has smaller screen, smaller CPU -- and slower data speeds -- than the 4" LTE LG Attain.
    Samsung Attain chazz. Lol

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kid09 View Post
    Samsung Attain chazz. Lol
    I get them confused, the attain and connect. Still if this smaller, slower (CPU and network) phone is about the same price as the better LTE phone... Why bother?

Feedback Score
    ChazzMatt Happy New Year. I think with metro being an affordable carrier, they can't just push people n2 a LTE phone. Yes this Is the,way 2 go & I like how metro Is going about It. U still have people that want 2 buy just 1 phone, keep It 4ever till It breaks, u know like the flip phone. Later this year maybe this Summer metro will come out wit the first affordable LTE phone $100 bucks. With that they will win people over & take It from there.
    Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    geeze thanks for clearling that up for me i didnt relize that the monthly plans for all android phone regardless of LTE or not is $50-$60 which is perhaps beacause they have access to the android market???

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I don't know why but the Metro version reminds of the HTC Diamond

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky313 View Post
    ChazzMatt Happy New Year. I think with metro being an affordable carrier, they can't just push people n2 a LTE phone. Yes this Is the,way 2 go & I like how metro Is going about It. U still have people that want 2 buy just 1 phone, keep It 4ever till It breaks, u know like the flip phone. Later this year maybe this Summer metro will come out wit the first affordable LTE phone $100 bucks. With that they will win people over & take It from there.
    Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums
    Hey back to you!

If this phone were very affordable (say, $100), then it might make sense to buy it. It's just this new LG Optimus 2 is probably not going to be $100. Just guessing, I think it's going to be $150 - $200? Has 3.2" screen, 800Mhz CPU -- and it CDMA-only.

The Samsung Attain is LTE + CDMA, has 3.5" screen (bigger), 1GHz CPU (faster), and did I mention LTE (faster again). (edit to remove additional specs which were wrong.) For $200. Metro says for "limited time only" on the Attain pricing -- but it's still $200.

IF this LG Optimus is only $100, then yeah buy that for the kid in the family or the wife that doesn't use their phone much. But if the price of this phone approaches $200, then the Samsung Attain is the smart choice.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 01-20-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: (edit to remove additional specs which were wrong.)

Carrier
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    The Samsung Attain is LTE + CDMA, has 3.5" screen (bigger), 1GHz CPU (faster), and did I mention LTE (faster again). Plus gorilla glass and 720p HD recording... For $200. Metro says for "limited time only" on the Attain pricing -- but it's still $200.

i thought that only the connect 4g, had the gorilla glass

Phone
    LG Connect 4G
    Carrier
    Ghetto PCS
    Feedback Score
    Hey back to you!

If this phone were very affordable (say, $100), then it might make sense to buy it. It's just this new LG Optimus 2 is probably not going to be $100. Just guessing, I think it's going to be $150 - $200? Has 3.2" screen, 800Mhz CPU -- and it CDMA-only.

The Samsung Attain is LTE + CDMA, has 3.5" screen (bigger), 1GHz CPU (faster), and did I mention LTE (faster again). Plus gorilla glass and 720p HD recording... For $200. Metro says for "limited time only" on the Attain pricing -- but it's still $200.

IF this LG Optimus is only $100, then yeah buy that for the kid in the family or the wife that doesn't use their phone much. But if the price of this phone approaches $200, then the Samsung Attain is the smart choice.
    I doubt it will be over $100, the Admire which has a bigger battery and bigger screen is on sale for $80 so there is no reason the Optimus 2 will cost over $100.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j31 View Post
    i thought that only the connect 4g, had the gorilla glass
    You're right. Editing now to revise that. All the articles keep mentioning both the LG Connect and Samsung Attain together. When I'm skimming for details, I get them confused.

But the Attain does have LTE, 3.5" screen and 1GHz CPU. But no gorilla glass or 720p recording. Sorry.

Still, it's better than the Optimus 2. Just don't know what the price difference will be yet.

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't the Optimus 2 the same thing as the G2x?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HowardForums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast