Thread: Iphone 4S possible on Straight Talk after the new Jailbreak released yesterday?

Feedback Score

Iphone 4S possible on Straight Talk after the new Jailbreak released yesterday?

I have been waiting for the latest jailbreak for the Iphone 4S and it came out yesterday. I live in an area where there is only Verizon service and no AT&T service. I want to get the Straight Talk service if I am able to use the Iphone 4S from Verizon with Straight Talk.

I know its early, as the Jailbreak just came out yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone has already tried to use a JailBroken Verizon Iphone 4S with Straight Talk yet and if you did, what are your pros and cons of doing this?

Thanks

Carrier
    ST Unlimited x 4 Lines
    Feedback Score
    You can not use any Verizon Phones with ST service..without Illegal ways, even illegal ways will not work for any Iphone from Verizon..

Feedback Score
    Go with PagePlus Cellular if you want to use a VZW i4s. They currently have a good Leap Year promo going on: Unlimited talk and text with 1gb of data for the rest of 2012 for $55 a month! PPC is an MVNO company that uses Verizon wireless network so you should be GOOD in your area.

On a side note. I have a ST i4s and performed the JB yesterday. I ended up having to restore the phone for the JB to complete. Took longer than i hoped but I now have a JB ST i4s which means I can now MMS others and customize my i4s. Thanks to iCloud, most of the important stuff was already backed up and the App Store already had my purchased apps on file so getting my i4s back to where it was wasn't so bad.

I fell in love with my i4s again, LoL.
    Thanks to dev team that made this possible.
    I showed my appreciation with a small donation :P

Feedback Score
    Pretty much everything what post 2 said. Although an ATT 4s can/has been used on ST since it was released just without pictures messages. A verizon one is not compatible.

Also, post 3, I don't think PP allows new phones to be used, like the 4S. But the regular 4 can be activated. They just allowed the 4 to be activated when the 4S was released.

Feedback Score
    Does the i4s need to be reactivated with ATT during or after the jailbreak process? I really dont want to get stuck dealing with activation issues while jailbreaking.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kashvii View Post
    Does the i4s need to be reactivated with ATT during or after the jailbreak process? I really dont want to get stuck dealing with activation issues while jailbreaking.
    Nope

Sent from my LG Nitro HD

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any idea why my MMS won't work for non-iMessage pics on my 4S?

I have a JB 3GS 5.0.1 that everything works fine on but when I do the backup/restore to my 4S the MMS won't work on the 4S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyB View Post
    Anyone have any idea why my MMS won't work for non-iMessage pics on my 4S?

I have a JB 3GS 5.0.1 that everything works fine on but when I do the backup/restore to my 4S the MMS won't work on the 4S.
    Try this wiki it is the best guide to set up straight talk on iPhone and shows multiple ways to do so. Far better the long thread in straight talk section. I have a 4s on ST jailbroken on 5.0.1 with mms data etc all working.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've tried the backup/restore method twice with MMS not working. I'll probably just try the tmobile sim method for $3 to see.
    What iOS and baseband are you in?

Carrier
    straight talk - at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aubrey76 View Post
    I have been waiting for the latest jailbreak for the Iphone 4S and it came out yesterday. I live in an area where there is only Verizon service and no AT&T service. I want to get the Straight Talk service if I am able to use the Iphone 4S from Verizon with Straight Talk.

I know its early, as the Jailbreak just came out yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone has already tried to use a JailBroken Verizon Iphone 4S with Straight Talk yet and if you did, what are your pros and cons of doing this?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using HowardForums

Even still you just said you dont get att service.. The e71 sim needs att service reguardless of what phone it's in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyB View Post
    I've tried the backup/restore method twice with MMS not working. I'll probably just try the tmobile sim method for $3 to see.
    What iOS and baseband are you in?
    My iOS is 5.0.1 (9A406) baseband 1.0.14.

I used the tmobile trick initially to get all my stuff working when there was no jailbreak for 4S. After jail breaking all my stuff still works. Keep in mind about the tmobile thing that my 4S is factory unlocked, dunno if that method works with a locked one.

Why not use that tetherme, that should fix it since you're jail broken.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That is true, I used Thetherme and changed my APN settings and MMS works fine. I just have a battery drain issue now. The carrier says HOME but the iphone drains like it is on roam (even with edge/wifi turned off).

Any help is appreciated please.

Feedback Score
    It so weird some peeps got the battery drain and some don't. My 4s jailbroken get me a good 10-11 hours depending on how heavy I use it. I usually get about 5-6 hours usage combined with 4-5 hours standby. For me 10-11 hours gets me through most days until I have to go for the charger. But I can understand if you are looking for more than that.