Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Manual Activation of Droid Bionic Questions

Feedback Score

Manual Activation of Droid Bionic Questions

Hello,

First I want to state I recognize that these devices are not supported at all by pageplus period. I had some research on how to do this I'm just stuck on two problems.

I currently have a droid bionic activated on pageplus.
    I initially used a fresh lte sim to autoprogram the basic information.
    Problem was I couldnt get data. Additionally, on boot up it takes 2-3 minutes for the radio to switch modes and connect to vzw voice/text service. This is with the radio on cdma only mode and with manual cdma auto (prl) on.

I have gone through the qpst and cdma ws (demo) to attempt to provision the data.
    (keep in mind this all was ONLY after I recieved permission from pageplus customer service)
    I went through the apns and manually edited them. I cant seem to get data. Not even 1x.
    Everything matches up with the htc guide and also using advice from cricket flashers.

Any suggestions or help on this?

Feedback Score
    I have a fresh SIM in mine and all I get is "please wait until your phone has been activated". I admit im a newb but any help would be appreciated in letting me in on how you got past the "please wait..."screen
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravul View Post
    I have a fresh SIM in mine and all I get is "please wait until your phone has been activated". I admit im a newb but any help would be appreciated in letting me in on how you got past the "please wait..."screen
    Thanks.
    You will need to google search [video]htc thunderbolt on pageplus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by envy5000 View Post
    You will need to google search [video]htc thunderbolt on pageplus
    already looked at that. If you'll take a look I'll see he is able to put his in diag mode. So he is past the activation part I am stuck on. Unfortunately he doesn't say how he got past the activation part nor does he mention it.
    thanks though.
    any other ideas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravul View Post
    already looked at that. If you'll take a look I'll see he is able to put his in diag mode. So he is past the activation part I am stuck on. Unfortunately he doesn't say how he got past the activation part nor does he mention it.
    thanks though.
    any other ideas?
    Bionic diagnostic mode is cell phone off hold power+vol up+vol down. Then hit vol down to select pb tools. Then click vol up to reboot the phone in diagnostic mode. You will want to look up your COM port in your device manager in the windows control panel. You will want to call PagePlus and have the MEID added and setup an account in advance. Make sure you are careful with updates I lost my lte radio somehow.

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    3g problem solved!!!!! use the thunderbolt tutorial to place a prl and switch the phone to nv only. you do not have to put your mdn and min in the phone. (i used two sim cards). simply drop the last number off the meid to program the phone with pageplus no problem no questions. after activation go into the *#*#4636#*#* go down to the cdma/evdo/lte and switch it to cdma and evdo. place a fresh vzw 4glte sim card in the phone. data will work on 1x with the wcdma only setting the cdma only setting and the gsm only setting (*#*#4636#*#*)after the the phone attempts to connect to lte it will not connect back to "EVDO Rev A" it will always try to connect to eHRPD. if it does this simply change the settings in the *#*#4636#*#* menu as stated above and put a fresh lte sim card in your phone and viola!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3rd@hotmail View Post
    3g problem solved!!!!! use the thunderbolt tutorial to place a prl and switch the phone to nv only. you do not have to put your mdn and min in the phone. (i used two sim cards). simply drop the last number off the meid to program the phone with pageplus no problem no questions. after activation go into the *#*#4636#*#* go down to the cdma/evdo/lte and switch it to cdma and evdo. place a fresh vzw 4glte sim card in the phone. data will work on 1x with the wcdma only setting the cdma only setting and the gsm only setting (*#*#4636#*#*)after the the phone attempts to connect to lte it will not connect back to "EVDO Rev A" it will always try to connect to eHRPD. if it does this simply change the settings in the *#*#4636#*#* menu as stated above and put a fresh lte sim card in your phone and viola!!!!
    Can you attach or send the prl your using? Wait do you mean the ##program-> test mode option cdma and evdo and then switch the *#*#4636#*#* to cdma (auto) pro or cdma only?

Another question did you go through the activation process over the phone with pageplus custoemer service before you did this or did you just ask to add the MEID and for MIN/MDN

Can you post a youtube how to?

Feedback Score
    envy,
    thx so much ur my new best friend. This should get me to the next level.
    hopefully you find your answer and if I by some chance get further than you I'll drop you a line and help the best I can.
    thanx again!

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    You don't need to bypass the activation screen. Yes diagnostic mode is hold both buttons and press the power button, BP tools is the last selection. Press the volume down button until it is highlighted then press the up buttons to select it. It will boot up in diagnosis mode. Lte radio is Pageplus enemy. If I had a way to take it out that would solve the problem

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    *#*#4636#*#* cdma only and ##program coma and evdo only

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    i will attempt to attach prl give me until this afternoon (work to eat kinda thing you know) to get 1x you have to *#*#4636#*#* down to cdma(auto PRL) change it to cdma only or wcdma only or gsm only then ##program test mode next next evrc hybrid cdma/evdo/lte select cdma phone will restart you now have 1x

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    i can attach the file much quicker if only i knew how. i found it on the thunderbolt tutorial in xda developer forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3rd@hotmail View Post
    i can attach the file much quicker if only i knew how. i found it on the thunderbolt tutorial in xda developer forum
    www.multiupload.com/
    Im waiting on a 2nd lte sim card. What baseband/update are you on .901?
    I think because I lost the lte radio that I cant get data at all but I hope that your method will work.
    Thanks for posting.

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    i am on .893 i finally switched to *#*#4636#*#* unknown after booting without the sim card and switching to cdma only in both *#*#4636#*#* and ##program and rebooting and switch to unknown in *#*#4636#*#* and cdma and evdo in ##program (check in settings, about phone, status, mobile network type make sure it says CDMA EvDo rev.A then power down insert sim card you should be between 1x and 3g consistently (at least I am for the moment) by the way i used the same sim card. If settings, about phone, status, mobile network type says eHRPD you will not get any data. You will always get 1x if you set cdma only setting in both *#*#4636#*#* and ##program

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    i will attempt to attach prl give me until this afternoon (work to eat kinda thing you know) to get 1x you have to *#*#4636#*#* down to cdma(auto PRL) change it to cdma only or wcdma only or gsm only then ##program test mode next next evrc hybrid cdma/evdo/lte change this selection to cdma phone will restart you now have 1x

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast