Thread: Signal strength

Feedback Score

Signal strength

Will metropcs service get better inside buildings I know that verizon still managed to get a 1x in a building I am in every week and service is incredably weeak in this building does anyone k.ow if the signal will get strongerr

Sent from my SCH-R720 using HowardForums

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    well tell us a lil bit more about where u live in general and it can help us better assist you. but i can tell you one thing my friend was on a budget and he lived in subborn area here in florida and he loves metro for their affordable price but hated that when he was home he barely could keep 1 bar of signal on his phone, so when ever he used his phone he would have to move around his house just to talk with people. but few months back as i went to visit him i noticed in the worst spot in house for any signal i had full bars and i asked him to look at his phone and tell me if he had full bars and luckily he did so what im trying to say is yes metro pcs is working hard on gaining more spectrum and increasing their coverage, we cant tell you how long it would take for you, only that sooner or later ur area will be fully covered.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i will say, over the past week it's been drop call heaven in my gf's house, which normally is beautiful for signal. it will show full signal and still drop the call...
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    thats weird pimp but u remember metro trying to max out their spectrum not long ago before buying more spectrum? might be same scenario.

Feedback Score
    I live in new york I work in one buliding that doesnt get service very well but I knw that whenever I dnt get service that well verizon sprint also get weak but I did see verizon got I wanted to knw why I couldnt but verizon and sometimes sprint did and im curious what do u mean by spectrum having to do with signal and lately I also notice that my calls have.been dropping and nkt coming through niether my voicemails but since 3g is upgrading I think thats why I have the dropped calls

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    spectrum is what is used by huge cell phone towers to distrubute our signal you can read more about it here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_spectrum the more cell phone towers we aquire or shall i say are allowed to use the more spectrum and the more signal is distrubuted meaning more coverage in different areas.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...-do/2011-12-06

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The local surroundings also has something to do with it. Where the OP indicated he was in New York, it would not surprise me if the taller buildings down there are affecting the signal.

The construction of the building can also affect signals as well. If you are inside a building made of steel, that will also have an effect on the signal. You could have no signal inside such a building, but as soon as you move to a window, the signal returns.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    yea true i forgot to mentioned that, just make sure u dont work in a anti-radiation fall out bomb shelter lol jk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info but I dont get why verzon pushes at leas 1x in this building

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i'm not sure what is causing it. trouble tickets with address involved were issued. still waiting...