Thread: Motorola Triumph Won't Power on.

Feedback Score

Motorola Triumph Won't Power on.

So I just bought a Motorola Triumph off of ebay which came with what they said was a brand new motorola triumph along with an old broken one that they had. The new one didn't come with a charger or a battery but the broken one they sent me with it came with a battery. So I popped the battery into the new one and plugged in my usb cord from my samsung intercept that i had previously owned, my computer recognizes somethings plugged in but when I try to turn on the phone, nothing happens, any ideas? thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinkItUp View Post
    So I just bought a Motorola Triumph off of ebay which came with what they said was a brand new motorola triumph along with an old broken one that they had. The new one didn't come with a charger or a battery but the broken one they sent me with it came with a battery. So I popped the battery into the new one and plugged in my usb cord from my samsung intercept that i had previously owned, my computer recognizes somethings plugged in but when I try to turn on the phone, nothing happens, any ideas? thanks
    Triumph will not work with Intercept cable, could be part of problem

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    I've used my Triumph with an Intercept cable before. I've also used the lg ones for the Optimus Slider to. You have to hold down the power button for quit a bit when it is plugged into a charger. Also, if the battery is totally dead you may have to let it charge for 30 minutes or so. But you definitely have to hold the power button till you get the short vibration, then it starts booting up.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcross8361 View Post
    I've used my Triumph with an Intercept cable before. I've also used the lg ones for the Optimus Slider to. You have to hold down the power button for quit a bit when it is plugged into a charger. Also, if the battery is totally dead you may have to let it charge for 30 minutes or so. But you definitely have to hold the power button till you get the short vibration, then it starts booting up.
    This. I have found the Intercept behaves badly with the Intercept cable, instead.

I don't know if it's a general rule or just a random observation, but these devices with their batteries, sometimes get to a state where they cannot even power on because of how under-charged they are. They sense a charge, try to power up, and then run out of juice, over and over. I have had to return some lousy MP3 players to K-Mart because of this problem, but often a phone just needs to stay on a charger with a decent current, and they will eventually charge up to the point of turning on and charging more.