Thread: US Cellular to Page Plus?

Feedback Score

US Cellular to Page Plus?

Hello everyone, I just recently bought a HTC Desire off of eBay, and wanted to know if it was possible to use the phone with Page Plus. The carrier is US Cellular. Can anyone list the process of what I need to do to flash it over? Thanks in advance. By the way, the phone is activated, just needs to be flashed.

Phones
    Droid 3
    Droid 2 Global
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by it is activated but just needs to be flashed? Did you try the over the air programming (*22890)? The activation process of course the cellular carrier puts the ESN or MEID if there is no ESN into their system and tie it to the telephone number. Once the over the air programming is complete, then the phone should work. US Cellular and Verizon are both CDMA carriers and Pageplus uses CDMA on the Verizon network. The only reason you would need to flash the phone is to put a custom rom setup on a phone. Flashing the phone would get rid of the the carrier specific apps and setup of a stock phone.

US Cellular is not a carrier I have worked with, but based on your question, not sure if you need to flash the phone to just get it working on Pageplus. Sprint and other CDMA carrier phones may take some programming to work on Pageplus, but flashing a new rom is many times not required unless you want to customize a phone or get rid of extra carrier apps that may not work once off the original carrier providing the phone.

Feedback Score
    I have tried OTA and it wouldn't work. Is there a way to manually program this specific type of phone? I just need to flash the phone to get it working on Page Plus. I apologize if I'm not making much sense here or if my question seems a bit stupid, but I'm just new to the whole process and just need some extra help.

Phones
    Droid 3
    Droid 2 Global
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    When you tried to do the over the air programming, what was the result or error message? Did you try just *228 (no 90) and see if the options were listed (welcome to Verizon should be heard and then option 1 (activate your phone) or 2 update your roaming capabilities?

There are a few threads on this and some of the other Droid phone forums about this phone and programming:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1023514 maybe worth a look and read through as well as searching on here (or Google) for HTC Desire and Page Plus.