Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MetroPCS 4g LTE Speeds

Feedback Score

MetroPCS 4g LTE Speeds

What speeds are you guys getting? Specifically around Dallas, if possible?

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    This is my speed results from Tampa,Florida which trust me if your texas your speeds would be even faster since metro pcs is stationed in texas so you might be around 6k-8k kbps

Feedback Score
    Nice, thanks. I'm just worried because I live about a county away from downtown Dallas. It says I'm in a 4g-LTE area but it gets splotchy a little bit north of me.

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    in sw florida its consistantly 4 mbs
    im pretty happy with that

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so far in my area its been constantly 5 MB ill take pictures later

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums
    Sent from my G2 From T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    I'm barely hitting 2.5 Mbps out here in Southern Cali. Haven't seen 3 Mbps yet. Just ran a speed test and I'm getting about 1.3 :/

Feedback Score
    Still a lot faster than my Virgin Mobile 3g speeds......

I only get like 500kbps download and upload , I think I'm moving back to Metro.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    This is my speed results from Tampa,Florida which trust me if your texas your speeds would be even faster since metro pcs is stationed in texas so you might be around 6k-8k kbps
    wow that's pretty slow I'm surprised. You can't sell "4G" and have it be slower than 3.5G.

Feedback Score
    Just signed up with rp and check metro site to see that my area finally has lte coverage! Im getting 3-6mb down and 1mb up with rp, dont know if i should switch???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using HowardForums

Phones
    iPhone 3GS (iOS 6.1)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Jacksonville, Florida area gets around 900Kbps to 1.3Mbps up and down. I've never hit anything higher than 1.5Mbps and I've been all over the map here in Northeast Florida.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerballtux View Post
    wow that's pretty slow I'm surprised. You can't sell "4G" and have it be slower than 3.5G.
    I expect their 4g Lte to improve in speed and coverage in the future but for now im happy i dont need 20 mb of mobile data speed on my mobile device to be happy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    I expect their 4g Lte to improve in speed and coverage in the future but for now im happy i dont need 20 mb of mobile data speed on my mobile device to be happy

NOBODY needs 20mb heck even 8mb to enjoy mobile data! Nice to have though lol! I just seen others in the dallas area(hour and half away from me) That get consistent 6-7mb dwn, 3-4mb up and thats what i would leave rp for!

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score

speed

So whats the point in haveing so much download speed, now i get any were from 5 to 11 m download, but why do people obsess over download speeds on there phones, they way i see it you don't need anything more then 3 m download, So what is it that every one dose with all that speed. I am gussing just to have bragging rights
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    So whats the point in haveing so much download speed, now i get any were from 5 to 11 m download, but why do people obsess over download speeds on there phones, they way i see it you don't need anything more then 3 m download, So what is it that every one dose with all that speed. I am gussing just to have bragging rights
    You said it bud, but what many people dont relize is especially with home broadband sure now in days you can get 15-20 mb of speed but they dont relize they never even reach half of their max speed and this is same princinple with phone data speed.Ive been a pc tech for a long time and the most ive ever been able to download was at 2mb and that was a download from microsoft downloads......so much for my 20mb down and 15mb up from verizon fios eh? also ive been able to get around 2mb download speed when downloading torrents on my pc using my fios broadband.The only avantage im seeing with so much data speed is being able to download multiple things at the same time without lagging your connection but thats about it i dont see myself downloading 5 things on my phone all at once.

Phones
    LG Optimus M
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Just a note about download speeds, home broadband high speeds are mainly for homes that have multiple computers. If you have a more than one computer or device online they share that, so with a 15Mb download speed with 3 computers on at the same time you get 5Mb speed for each. Now in my opinion, with mobile speed since you aren't going to have multiple devices sharing the connection you really wouldn't need more than a 2 or 3Mb connection, anything more than that would be wasted bandwidth.. The only exception would be if you used your phone as a mobile hotspot, then i could see the advantages of a faster connection.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast