Thread: Can Page+ find what kind of phone I'm using through my ESN/MEID?

Feedback Score

Can Page+ find what kind of phone I'm using through my ESN/MEID?

I picked up a HTC Thunderbolt a couple weeks ago eagerly awaiting to port my number over and activate it on Page+... unfortunately I found out today that Page+ does not support 4G devices

I don't want to go through the process of finding a new phone especially since I got this phone for such a steal. I thought that I had hit a dead end, but after some research I found that biegephone offers a service to flash my phone so that Page+ would work on my phone, but I need my phone to be activated on Page+.

So my question... Can I port a number over to my Thunderbolt and lie to them about what phone I'm using? The reason I'm asking this is because I used howardforums, but they asked me which phone I'm using. Can they identify what kind of phone I'm using through the MEID? Can anyone suggest to me who I should use to activate my Page+ account?

Thank you,

Tony

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No. CDMA isn't like GSM in that regard. Your MEID is required to get the phone activated and on the network. At any rate, of course they can tell what phone/device you are using on their network. The question is whether they would bother or even care, and the answer is likely NO.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The MEID is in a database that corresponds to the phone.

Go here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ction=enterEsn

When you enter your ESN/MEID it will tell you what type of phone you have. This is the same thing that the PP or Verizon CSR will see when you try to activate the phone or port a number to that phone.

Pabster has a good point on whether they would care or not.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you use one of the online porting services where you just enter the info online, without actually talking to anyone, IMHO it would probably go through.

As to whether or not what you are doing to the phone to make it actually compatible with Page Plus, I have no idea if that will work or not.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your responses everyone. 1 last question. I was browsing through the list of sellers listed on 'New to PagePlus?' and I noticed that one of the sellers will activate my phone to PagePlus for free. Is this legitimate?

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah there are lots of places that will activate for free. As of 1 month ago, you can call pageplus directly ((800) 550-2436) and they will port or activate your phone for free.

Follow up with this thread and tell us how it goes.
    Last edited by notalent1; 01-28-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added

Feedback Score
    Oh wow that is so sweet. I can save some money, but I'm prob. going to have to talk to a rep :/ Hope they don't care that I'm using a Thunderbolt.