Thread: Verizon phone WONT ACTIVATE! Please Help!

Feedback Score

Verizon phone WONT ACTIVATE! Please Help!

I am trying to get my phone I bought activated. It's a samsung intensity (1 not 2). It says transaction cannot be completed when I call *22898 and when I dial *228 it says "we are unable to program your phone"

Verizon told me it wasn't scanned properly in the store, so it's locked. But I was able to dial an activation number before to get it activated, I just can't remember the number! Can someone please help me get my phone activated? Please! Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that your device is correctly attached to your phone number?

As for the "locked" comment... sorry, too vague for me to offer much in the way of advice.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    If it wasnt scanned properly in the store then the ESN is most likely not cleared up for activation

howardforums.com

but if its tied to your account then it will appear as not clear.

Verizon customer care can easily figure out what is going on here rather than having us guess...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1sdr View Post
    Are you sure that your device is correctly attached to your phone number?

As for the "locked" comment... sorry, too vague for me to offer much in the way of advice.
    Well I have my own phone. This phone is one I am trying to sell, but I don't want to sell it if it won't activate. It has had the same problem since I bought it (from someone on craigslist who said they got it on ebay) and I was able to dial a number and I was able to activate the phone, but then I got a new phone and it deactivated, and now I'm trying to find a way to activate so I can tell the buyer how to do it. It's not letting me do it at all. There was a number I dialed on the phone which let me activate it but I can't remember the number.

And it's locked by the store it was bought from. If the phone gets scanned properly at the store, it gets unlocked, just like a gift card does, you can't steal a gift card and use it without it going under a scanner and being activated. This phone wasn't scanned properly, so it's still locked. I just need to find a way to unlock it and/or activate it. Once I activate it, I'll deactivate it, but I just need to know how to do it since I am selling it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    If it wasnt scanned properly in the store then the ESN is most likely not cleared up for activation

howardforums.com

but if its tied to your account then it will appear as not clear.

Verizon customer care can easily figure out what is going on here rather than having us guess...
    That website said the phone is clear for activation. But Verizon says they can't do anything, and their computer says to take phone back to point of sale. But I was able to activate it before, I just can't do it now because I don't remember the number to activate it. It wasn't *228 or *22898. It was something different.

Is there a way to just get the lock off?

Feedback Score
    Hmm. I was able to do it quite easily! I just went to My Verizon and typed the MEID in the bar to change device, and dialed *228 on the phone and it activated right away. So I'm all set now. I said Hmm at the beginning because I don't know how a Verizon representative, about 5+ of them I talked to, in store and on the phone, all said I can't do it, but it was so simple. Thanks everyone!

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are you trying to use a prepaid phone on a postpaid line? That doesn't always work, I think it is supposed to never work.

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yeap. it happened. I bought samsung convoy 2 from verizowireless.com . I can't activate online. SO I just called verizon and do it..

It is easy.