Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Domestic data Roaming notices coming soon!

Feedback Score

Domestic data Roaming notices coming soon!

Ladies and gentleman, be prepared in the upcoming weeks about tmo's new data roaming policy (I wonder how many of you are going to complain...). Going forward you will be allowed 100mb (5gb plan) of domestic roaming, 200mb (10gb) plan. If you exceed that limit, the system will shut off your privilege to use any data services until you connect on a tmo tower or wifi. Expect to receive a letter, and notification when logging into my.tmobile.com within the next few weeks. As of right now I heard the policy won't start until the first week of April.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy78 View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, be prepared in the upcoming weeks about tmo's new data roaming policy
    Thank you for giving us the early scoop on this new policy change! Any word on an allowance for those on the 2GB plan?

I guess this may change the outlook for those who mistakenly thought they were going to use a lot of data on the AT&T network with the new UMTS roaming agreement.

Phones
    HTC Incredible S
    Google Nexus One
    Motorola V635
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ladies and gentleman, be prepared in the upcoming weeks about tmo's new data roaming policy (I wonder how many of you are going to complain...). Going forward you will be allowed 100mb (5gb plan) of domestic roaming, 200mb (10gb) plan. If you exceed that limit, the system will shut off your privilege to use any data services until you connect on a tmo tower or wifi. Expect to receive a letter, and notification when logging into my.tmobile.com within the next few weeks. As of right now I heard the policy won't start until the first week of April.
    100mb and 200mb is pretty low. What is the point of the roaming agreement if you are gone shut the customer of as soon as they roam on data.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using HowardForums

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If TMO restricts data roaming in this manner I will have no choice but to move to another carrier. Does anyone know if this restriction on data roaming is grounds to break a contract without an ETF? Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    100mb and 200mb is pretty low. What is the point of the roaming agreement if you are gone shut the customer of as soon as they roam on data.
    T-Mobile is trying to cut costs. They would like to reduce the amount they pay to AT&T for roaming by cutting off customers data roaming usage before it becomes too expensive.

Feedback Score

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using HowardForums
    Its at least higher than AT&T, AT&T can cut you off completely at about 24MB..

Phones
    Moto G
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Moto G, Lumian 925
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder what impact this will have on those of us with grandfathered (unlimited) data plans?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    If TMO restricts data roaming in this manner I will have no choice but to move to another carrier. Does anyone know if this restriction on data roaming is grounds to break a contract without an ETF? Thank you
    We estimate around 10k customers will be eligible to break the contract with no etf. Don't ask me what qualifies, because I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    T-Mobile is trying to cut costs. They would like to reduce the amount they pay to AT&T for roaming by cutting off customers data roaming usage before it becomes too expensive.
    We spent over 400 million last year in data roaming, so yea I can see the reason behind the policy change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I wonder what impact this will have on those of us with grandfathered (unlimited) data plans?
    Doesn't matter if you are on a grandfathered data plan or not. Certain account types are excluded, such as employee accounts and some business accounts.

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    The point of the roaming agreement is to provide temporary coverage while you're off the T-Mobile USA network.
    If you're looking for a more permanent solution then you need to find a carrier that works for you.

Phones
    iPhone 5S
    Galaxy Nexus
    BlackBerry Curve, 8830
    Carriers
    at&t, Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE Fever View Post
    Its at least higher than AT&T, AT&T can cut you off completely at about 24MB..
    Yes, but you spend much, much less time roaming when you have AT&T.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    Yes, but you spend much, much less time roaming when you have AT&T.
    That's a very broad statement. If I lived in say, Nebraska that would be 100% False. I see roaming constantly in the South with AT&T, I actually see less roaming in certain places with T-Mobile. Its all area dependent, if I stayed in Atlanta 100% like many do then T-Mobile would be a fantastic choice for a primary carriers, hence why Metro and MVNO's that don't roam are still in business.

GPRS roaming is a lot worse than 1X too, I can at least load a new PRL on Sprint or Verizon if I needed. AT&T and T-Mobile roaming is controlled by them.

My roaming got significant enough at 15MB that AT&T decided to stop being deceptive and show I was off network. Regular AT&T customers don't even know when they are roaming because AT&T tries and hides it.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't matter if you are on a grandfathered data plan or not.
    What would the limits for data roaming be for TZones and Total Internet?

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE Fever View Post
    That's a very broad statement. If I lived in say, Nebraska that would be 100% False. I see roaming constantly in the South with AT&T, I actually see less roaming in certain places with T-Mobile. Its all area dependent, if I stayed in Atlanta 100% like many do then T-Mobile would be a fantastic choice for a primary carriers, hence why Metro and MVNO's that don't roam are still in business.

GPRS roaming is a lot worse than 1X too, I can at least load a new PRL on Sprint or Verizon if I needed. AT&T and T-Mobile roaming is controlled by them.

My roaming got significant enough at 15MB that AT&T decided to stop being deceptive and show I was off network. Regular AT&T customers don't even know when they are roaming because AT&T tries and hides it.

For most of the country, NewYork is right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    For most of the country, NewYork is right.
    And most people don't travel the whole country... They stay in their isolated regions and only travel on occasions, and for those people T-Mobile is just fine. If I was going to be traveling the country I would have a Satellite phone (which I do), and Verizon or another CDMA carrier because they offer 1% more coverage than GSM carriers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast