This was just covered today in another thread.
I have a Verzion Blackberry 8330 I got it on Pageplus and I wanna send and get MMS messages but i can't. I dont even have "Compose MMS" and in the options there isnt anything for the MMS. What do I do to get this?
Last edited by icebook; 01-29-2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Changed thread title
Were can i get the serves books
All I can find is $25 stuff for it and i dont happen to have that all the downloads i find dont work anymore.
I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.
I download the service books put it on my phone now i got the browser, MMS, GPS but it fails to send the MMS messages it trys for about 30sec then get a red X and when i get sent a MMS message it tells me i got it but i cant retrieve it. Now what?
You have data on your plan? If you are on the standard plan, you will need to have sufficient money balance in order to use data as MMS uses data to send/receive.
I have to get data to get picture messages? I got unlimted texting that wont work?
My PagePlus Phone History---11 Years & Counting
- Ericsson AF738, Jul 01 - Dec 03, Std Plan, $30/Yr
- Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 03 - Feb 08, Std Plan, $30/Yr
- LG VX-8600, Feb 08 - Apr 10, Std Plan, $30/Yr
- Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 10 - Nov 11, Std Plan, $80/Yr
- HTC Droid Incredible, Nov 11 - Present, Std Plan, $80/Yr
How much would a data fee be for a picture message?
Per Denny's post below, there is also a $0.25/MMS fee charged on top of the data costs that I described above, even if you have a PT plan.
Last edited by Boz1; 02-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.
How much does it cost?
There are two cost components for sending an MMS message. The first is a per-event charge of 25˘ per message sent or received. The second component is the cost of the data used to transport the message, which varies by MMS message and is billed at $0.0012 per kilobyte.
wow, im thinking about just getting SIMPLE MOBILE would that be better for a blackberry?
Depends. Is simple mobile coverage any good in your area? Simple mobile uses T-Mobile service. Also the 8330 will not work with simple mobile. You would need a GSM Blackberry. The equivalent of your 8330 would be the 8320 I believe.
Sent from my ADR6300 using HowardForums
First, your quote is outdated and the data rate needs to be corrected on the PPC website.
Second, in addition to the data rate in your quote being wrong, your quote is regarding the Standard Plan, and my response was regarding MMS with a PT plan (see the 01-29-2012, 11:00 PM post by R2J). But this is a good opportunity to get this issue 100% cleared up.
1. I didn't know that the $0.25/MMS was charged if a customer has a PT plan. Is that really correct, and is that different from a monthly voice plan? I was under the impression that if a customer has a PT or any monthly plan that includes a text bundle, that the $0.25/MMS wasn't charged. I thought the $0.25/MMS was only charged to Standard Plan customers without a PT package. Please clarify regarding the $0.25/MMS, because I could be wrong on this.
2. The data transport is definitely not "$0.0012 per kilobyte". It is $0.00099/KB ($0.99/MB). I stated that this is the cost for data to send or receive a picture message on a PT plan.Please let us know exactly how MMS is charged for a customer with a PT plan. Thank you!Originally Posted by http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Standard%20Plan.aspx