Thread: what android phones can i use with straight talk nokia e71 sim card

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

what android phones can i use with straight talk nokia e71 sim card

im new to this site and i've been reading all over but still have a few questions, i have a nokia e71 with straight talk service and i want another phone bad, i know i can use any at&t phone as long as its unlocked, and i dont currently own any previously owned att phones, so whats the cheapest route to getting a 3g phone jailbroken, i was looking into craigslist to see it that would be better way to go, and im not planning on doing this myself cause im not a technical nerd, i will rather find someone in my area who can do everything, im in portland oregon so im sure there plenty around who can, but i need to know the exact model phones to look for besides a iphone, and i do plan on using MMS on it also, so if i can have any phone model suggestions

Feedback Score
    at&t phones do not need to be unlocked to use the straight talk sim. if the phone is from t-mobile then the phone will have to be unlocked to use the straight talk sim (although you might not get 3G speed with a t-mobile phone. only edge speed). you just need to edit the settings for data/mms

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    at&t phones do not need to be unlocked to use the straight talk sim. if the phone is from t-mobile then the phone will have to be unlocked to use the straight talk sim (although you might not get 3G speed with a t-mobile phone. only edge speed). you just need to edit the settings for data/mms
    so if i purchase any used at&t smartphone off of craigslist i can just put my nokia e71 sim card in it and everything will work voice,text and mms data? or will i have to put a special firmware or software on the used at&t phone to get the data messaging working? i've heard different stories about the mms data not working correctly and i just wanna make sure before i spend 200 bucks plus on a used at&t phone off of craigslist

Feedback Score
    voice and texting will work off the bat.

However MMS is a different story. If it's an android or iPhone then you will have to configure the APN settings because more likely than not the phone is configured for AT&T. Just search this forum on How To Everything Android and it should be there. It's easy enough to do if you just read and go over it a few times :P

Feedback Score
    iPhone is the easiest to get working as far as I can see. There is good solutions for stock, unlocked or jailbroken ones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Go to st webpage they will sell sim cards bring your on phone program