Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Opera mini install? LG800G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    230
    Feedback Score
    0

    Opera mini install? LG800G

    I downloaded Opera Mini to SDCard (and Binu)...Pc to LG800 using USB.
    What do i do do to install both... should I leave them there or transfer them to internal storage?
    Do I need to do anything else?
    Do i click on it with the PC mouse to install it?

    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you want the signed version, you have to let the phone itself download Opera Mini from the website. If you don't mind the unsigned version, you can just transfer the .jar file to the phone. Opera Mini will automatically go to where the phone wants it to go, which is the Games & Apps section.

    If you want the direct download, use the phone's native browser and go to "http://m.opera.com/?act=lp&tag=mini5&region=en-us&cert=all" (leave out the quotation marks).

    If you just want the .jar and the unsigned version, use your PC and go to "http://mini.opera.com/download-6/opera-mini-latest-advanced-en-us.jar?no_redir&ismobile=false" (leave out the quotation marks). Then transfer the file to the phone by using the cable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    230
    Feedback Score
    0

    Keyboard calibration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If you want the signed version, you have to let the phone itself download Opera Mini from the website. If you don't mind the unsigned version, you can just transfer the .jar file to the phone. Opera Mini will automatically go to where the phone wants it to go, which is the Games & Apps section.

    If you want the direct download, use the phone's native browser and go to "http://m.opera.com/?act=lp&tag=mini5&region=en-us&cert=all" (leave out the quotation marks).

    If you just want the .jar and the unsigned version, use your PC and go to "http://mini.opera.com/download-6/opera-mini-latest-advanced-en-us.jar?no_redir&ismobile=false" (leave out the quotation marks). Then transfer the file to the phone by using the cable.
    Thanks Lisme.
    I downloaded the direct download with no problems.
    The only thing was that the input keyboard is not well calibrated: I have to press the extreme right edge of each key otherwise it print the preceding Key.
    ( it did not do that with the browser which came with the phone... and I also calibrated the phone when I activated it.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    You're right, the screen is not very precise. Oh well, good enough for Tracfone, I guess.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    Thanks Lisme.
    I downloaded the direct download with no problems.
    The only thing was that the input keyboard is not well calibrated: I have to press the extreme right edge of each key otherwise it print the preceding Key.
    ( it did not do that with the browser which came with the phone... and I also calibrated the phone when I activated it.)
    What is the difference between the signed and unsigned versions?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by headscratcher View Post
    What is the difference between the signed and unsigned versions?
    "Code signing is a mechanism whereby publishers of software and content can use a certificate-based digital signature to verify their identities to users of the code." From iOpus Internet Guide. ( I can't include their URL site as yet.)

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 6270: Opera Mini Install Problems
    By -banned- in forum Nokia
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
  3. opera mini installation help
    By reks in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
  4. Getting Opera Mini installed on the W900i.
    By Quillz in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 10:56 AM
  5. Opera Mini installed in Razr V3
    By jms in forum Motorola Modding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 05:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks