Thread: HTC Vivid work on Att Prepaid?

Feedback Score

HTC Vivid work on Att Prepaid?

I'm not up to speed with Att prepaid, and could use some help. Phone is a week old Vivid, went online to Att, prepaid chat person said I need the $50. plan and then an extra $15. data plan to get everything working. Everyone else (tmo, virgin, boost, etc.) all include some data with their unlimited plan, but Att charges extra even though their $50. plan states data included. Maybe because this phone is not listed as a GoPhone? What about using another carrier? Who? I don't need much data, just check 5-10 emails a day, gps 1 time a week, some texting, and google searching about 5 times a day. I don't stream music or watch videos. Suggestions most welcome.
    Btw, does anyone have experience with H20? I see where you download a app and it's supposed to work with Android (they have an iPhone app too). https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...php?page=index
    Another question, will I get 4g on Att prepaid and H20?
    A BIG thanks HoFo'ers!

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Smartphones are not included among those for which unlimited data works. Smartphones need data packages to use data on any GoPhone plan.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Smartphones are not included among those for which unlimited data works. Smartphones need data packages to use data on any GoPhone plan.
    Ok, but why does Att state unlimited talk, text, and data on their $50. plan? Very deceptive advertising.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    If you actually go to anywhere that AT&T advertises the plan, they clearly say it's only available on eligible phones, none of which are smartphones.

If by "4G" you mean HSPA+, then yes, although GoPhone has lower speeds on the same device than on postpaid. This is not the case, I believe, with the MVNOs.

If by "4G" you mean LTE, then no. You will not get it on GoPhone or on the MVNOs, only on AT&T postpaid.

The H2O or Jolt or Red Pocket $50 plan may well suit you better than the GoPhone one. Or the Straight Talk $45/month which would require you to activate one of their Nokias and SIM swap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    If you actually go to anywhere that AT&T advertises the plan, they clearly say it's only available on eligible phones, none of which are smartphones.

If by "4G" you mean HSPA+, then yes, although GoPhone has lower speeds on the same device than on postpaid. This is not the case, I believe, with the MVNOs.

If by "4G" you mean LTE, then no. You will not get it on GoPhone or on the MVNOs, only on AT&T postpaid.

The H2O or Jolt or Red Pocket $50 plan may well suit you better than the GoPhone one. Or the Straight Talk $45/month which would require you to activate one of their Nokias and SIM swap.
    Wrong. Att GoPhone does have some smart phones listed: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...1&rel=nofollow

After reading another thread about APN changes, I'm ready to try it. If that does not work, Jolt or Red Pocket will certainly work. Thanks

Feedback Score
    cmstlist was referring to the $50 unlimited plan. ATT Smartphones won't get unlimited data on it. You can use a smartphone on that plan for talk and text only but if you want data you have to buy a package. One caveat is that non-ATT smartphone do get "unlimited" data without buying a data package. you can check this thread for that http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hich-ones-work

Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Wrong. Att GoPhone does have some smart phones listed: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...1&rel=nofollow

After reading another thread about APN changes, I'm ready to try it. If that does not work, Jolt or Red Pocket will certainly work. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I just read this bombshell on Straighttalk forum here: ST will now allow BYOD on their network! This will be huge for ST since this means you don't have to do the SIM switch with the Nokia E71. ST's Facebook page has more info on it...just launched today...very interesting indeed.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    I just read this bombshell on Straighttalk forum here: ST will now allow BYOD on their network! This will be huge for ST since this means you don't have to do the SIM switch with the Nokia E71. ST's Facebook page has more info on it...just launched today...very interesting indeed.
    Go for it!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i have a htch vivid on att gophone internet or mms messaging doesnt work im thinking of switching to straight talk does anyone know if the internet and mms messaging will work on straight talk? help please

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T GoPhone uses the "wap.cingular" APN for all telephones. LTE telephones on AT&T use "pta" as the APN. You have to change the APN in the settings.