Thread: TF LG800g Voicemail set-up?

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score

TF LG800g Voicemail set-up?

I recently switched my number from one TF phone to the LG800g.

I am unable to access the Voicemail and no caller to my phone can leave a message.

When I call VM from the phone, it asks for my 10-digit phone number and I enter it, it says that box it is invalid.

How do I set up my VM?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    How are you calling your VM? Are you pushing "1" and holding it or are you dialing your cell phone number from your cell phone and pushing "*" to interrupt the announcement? I had the wrong VM number loaded to my phone on activation and had to have Tracfone techs push the right local access VM number to my phone after the third call.

Feedback Score
    Also, sometimes they have to reset the VM feature because it didn't activate in the first place. I had a phone that would just ring and ring with no offer of VM for the caller. This phone was also a number transfer as in the first post. I couldn't get anywhere with the VM system. So I called CS and they reset the VM and that fixed it. I guess the local access number was OK. I never use it anyway.

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score
    I accessed by pushing "1" and holding it.

I guess i will call into the call center and see if they can fix me!
    Thank you!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    danmirage,
    When you push and hold "1" what number does the phone display it is dialing? It should be a ten digit local access number (not the same as your cell #), check it against the number your old phone had stored for it's VM, they should be the same local VM access number assuming the old one was the same carrier (T-Mobile or AT&T) as the new phone. If you transfered your number, minutes, and days to another phone that uses the same carrier (AT&T or T-Mobile) your voicemail should have worked since you set it up with the previous phone unless you did it via a customer rep who screwed it up.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    danmirage, Same thing happened to me. I had to call Cust. service. They had to make it work before I could use the VM or even try to set it up. You aren't doing anything wrong.

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score
    I think I switched carriers! They mentioned having to release my number with one before activating the phone.

I just realized that when I press * that the * is not being recognized by the system, it ignores it and keeps on asking for something... at least at this attempt. After talking with CS. Have to try them again tomorrow as it still does not work.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    danmirage,
    To know for sure if they changed carriers on you check your SIM card numbers and if the first six numbers are different then they did change carriers. FYI 890126 is T-Mobile and 890141 is AT&T. If the first six SIM card numbers are the same I'd check both phones to see what number was stored for VM in the old phone and compare it to the one stored for VM in the new phone.

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score
    OK, it switched ATT to TM.

I have not set up my voicemail...so maybe it is related to that AND...

The thing that is happening is that once I place a call, key entries do not seem to go through.

So if I call tracfone and they say press 1 for English, and I bring up the keypad and press 1...it is not recognized.

Is there something I need to do to get the keypad numbers to go through?

Thank you for your help!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danmirage View Post
    OK, it switched ATT to TM.
    Well, you're in an interesting situation, if it were me I would be working on getting back on AT&T by requesting a new SIM card for my phone since T-Mobile doesn't work here even though Tracfone thinks it does, but then you risk Tracfone messing up your number. Hopefully T-Mobile works well in your area.

I have not set up my voicemail...so maybe it is related to that AND...
    That's part of the problem.

The thing that is happening is that once I place a call, key entries do not seem to go through.

So if I call tracfone and they say press 1 for English, and I bring up the keypad and press 1...it is not recognized.

Is there something I need to do to get the keypad numbers to go through?
    I can't suggest anything there, I recently had the same problem where the DTMF tones weren't getting recognized for about two weeks then they just started working again. I chalked it up to the settings on the local system being set wrong or maybe it was under maintenance because they worked fine up to that point. That's not your situation, you've moved to a new system and maybe that's not a temporary issue with the system you're now on.

I'd recommend you check your phone to make sure it's set to send the DTMF tones just to make sure but I haven't found that setting on the LG800G like most other phones.

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score
    You set to send DTMF tones in the call options available DURING a call.

That was not it. I tried again, checked DTMF was on, and the VM center responded to the *.
    But still said my phone number is not a valid box number.

I had contacted TF the day before to help with this and they said to try after 4-hours. It did not work.
    Maybe it is not in the TM system yet, my phone being activated days ago. I will try next week.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    You set to send DTMF tones in the call options available DURING a call
    Thanks, I would have never found it. I hope Tracfone gets your VM squared away. In case you're not using the good numbers to contact them try 800-876-5753 and 305-715-6500, they're better than the normal customer service reps.

Carriers
    TF
    Feedback Score
    I found that by chance, trying everything I could.

Thank you for the numbers! After 1-hour on hold today with the standard CS number, I had to do other things.
    I shall try again during the week with the other numbers!

Cheers!