Thread: SIMPLE answering to straight talk 45 dollars plan?

Phones
    Galaxy nexus
    Galaxy nexus ftw
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

SIMPLE answering to straight talk 45 dollars plan?

Are they coming out with something to answer straight talk 45 dollars 4g offer?
    Proud to be Latin/Chinese xD

Feedback Score
    All I heard was family plans for Q1

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The easiest, fastest way to respond to Straight Talk's new threat is simply allow true 3g speeds on their $40 offering. It'd still be five bucks cheaper then ST and the sims go for less then $15 each. You can buy Simple Mobile sims for like a buck on ebay at this time. Sim only becomes $14 cheaper and it'd still be $5 a month cheaper then ST. If they had any common sense.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    If simply mobile had a family plan I would switch to them even though the data is slow.

Feedback Score
    Family plans is one sure way to compete. None of the majors in prepaid offer this at this time, at least not real ones with the exception of Walmart Family Mobile (Tmobile mvno). Indie dealers can't touch that though. Same with ST/Net10 sim only plans.

Feedback Score
    I just read 61 pages of discussion about their new BYOD $45 unlimited plan in the Straight Talk forums, and believe it's the real deal. There's no confirmation but at least an insinuation of AT&T/TMo roaming capability mentioned there, along with reported 1-2Mbps DL speeds on the Tmo network. For $45/mo.

If Simple Mobile doesn't up that $40 plan 119kbps throttle at all in the next 45 days, I will move on to Straight Talk. Period.

Feedback Score
    ST will take a lot of business from the other byod sim gsm carriers , especially the Att mvnos and Simple. Page Plus should be fine.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnertz View Post
    I just read 61 pages of discussion about their new BYOD $45 unlimited plan in the Straight Talk forums, and believe it's the real deal. There's no confirmation but at least an insinuation of AT&T/TMo roaming capability mentioned there, along with reported 1-2Mbps DL speeds on the Tmo network. For $45/mo.

If Simple Mobile doesn't up that $40 plan 119kbps throttle at all in the next 45 days, I will move on to Straight Talk. Period.
    Did you read anything about Straight Talk's terms & conditions regarding data usage? I'm not sure but some people were discussing this on another site and they said ST doesn't allow video streaming. They also posted this, which is supposed to be copy/pasted from ST's terms:

The Straight Talk Unlimited Plans MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts.

I'm connected via Wi-Fi most of the time so I'll be sticking with SM for the moment.

Feedback Score
    That's a valid point. Terms of service state "unlimited MB for web" and streaming should be done via wifi, as well as YouTube. We are also not to tether. That being said, I live in a blanket of wifi and stream Pandora to and from work (15 minutes) and I still hardly break 500mb a month. This is on ST. Others have been punished and have had data turned off for specified amounts of time.