Thread: Net10 vs StraightTalk: What are the differences???

Feedback Score

Net10 vs StraightTalk: What are the differences???

I see that the are "sister companies" and they share network towers. Per the tech service you SHOULD get the same signal if you are using the same phone on both providers. I was wondering why Net10 would be 5$ more and have nothing more to offer. I was however able to get tech support on Net10 and unable to get ahold of ST tech. Does that merit the 5 bucks....maybe. Anyone with more info feel free to chime in.

Feedback Score
    essentially the same. straight talk is partnered with walmart so i'm sure walmart is able to negotiate a lower price point to offer to consumers

Feedback Score
    Walmart is huge but they are still only one retail outlet. Net10 has been expanded to be a sister brand of ST to all the other big chains and retailers who want something that at least approaches it. That is the reason why the second version of Net10 unlimited was first created, it was a Target Exclusive brand for a few months to combat ST. America Movil, their parent company doesn't care because it's all money in their pocket no matter what route it takes but ST pins and phones you can find only online or Wally's . Net10 phones and pins can be found almost anywhere else, including Walmart. Most prepaid sections have Tracfone/Net10 if they don't carry anything else. Their brick/mortar retail presence is HUGE.

Between something someone can't have or find for $45 and something someone can find and have for $50, it becomes an academic choice.

Feedback Score
    I also noted that on the features Net 10 say 411 calls included.
    so that means 411 on ST is blocked?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
    I also noted that on the features Net 10 say 411 calls included.
    so that means 411 on ST is blocked?
    Here is what I found under Support->FAQs on ST website:

What plans are available?
    $45 for 30 Days of Unlimited Talk, Text, Data & 411.
    Do I get charged for 411 calls?
    No.

Feedback Score
    nice, then there no reason for me to get a net10, ST and save the 5 with the same features

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
    nice, then there no reason for me to get a net10, ST and save the 5 with the same features
    Here is a post I had on another thread explaining some differences between net10 and ST:

Quote Originally Posted by dubba View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here that I would like to try to clear up.

1) ST price point of $45 does NOT include state sales taxes or e911 taxes, which as has been previously said varies state to state.
    2) Also as stated above, ST is exclusive to Walmart & ST website. On the other hand, Net10 is available at multiple retail outlets.
    3) Net10 is also available at many online retailers who sell PINs at a discount and without sales tax.

In my state, ST would cost $47.25 (when including sales tax and without including e911 tax). The online PIN retailer I use sells Net10's $50 plan for $47.00 flat. So in my case Net10 is cheaper than ST.
    So it really just depends on your situation...