Thread: Is there decent Sprint dumbphone to replace my Nextels?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is there decent Sprint dumbphone to replace my Nextels?

I have three Nextel phones that I'd like to switch over to Sprint phones but I'm concerned that anything I get will be inferior to my i870's and i580. All I want is decent voice and speakerphone quality, and for it to be reliable. Everything else is secondary. I don't use push-to-talk. I can't afford smartphone data plans but I don't mind the one-time cost for a decent phone. Suggestions? Or should I wait until Sprint offers me a good deal to transfer me off iDEN?

Device(s)
    Duramax
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I just bought a duramax phone and that thing is very nice ! Feels kinda like a i580 with a better camera . The only way to play music on it though is to look up your music on the memory card and play it from there . I'm very happy with it , and the PTT works great also . If you wait long enough , I'm sure they will offer you a good deal . Check out this post . http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=duramax

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I'm a little worried about all the 1-star reviews on Sprint's website but if people here like the Duramax that counts more.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    i have played with one on my account and it's really a nice phone, the Taho is really good too if you do not need PTT (same phone pretty much, just no DC)
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: TWC/Spectrum "ultra" (I want Wide Open West back!)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, we ended up going with the Sanyo Vero for 2 of the 4 phones, leaving the other 2 alone for now. The Duramax is too chunky for a "mom phone". So far, Mom's very impressed with the upgrade from her old i870 though the old Motorola had a bit better audio. Nice screen for a flip phone. Keys are nice and big and well backlit. Very easy to use. Not a lot of bells and whistles and the camera is weak but for a basic inexpensive phone it works nicely. Hopefully it'll hold up well.

Sprint just sent me an email offering Duramax phones for 99 cents, which is tempting. They'd be good replacements for the other 2 phones. I just hate burning my upgrade discount on this when I really want an iPhone (that I can't afford the data plan for ATM).