Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: i got the bionic to work on page plus with solid 1x data and 3g until signal drop

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score

Cool i got the bionic to work on page plus with solid 1x data and 3g until signal drop

it is no problem to get the bionic on pageplus, cdma workshop demo will work just fine. you also need a 4glte sim card. factory data reset the phone and you need to install cdma workshop demo first. download a pageplus prl. you can find one at http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html
    download motorola usb drivers from motorola website
    http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...iver_5.4.0.exe
    and install them.
    power off your computer.
    you power down your phone and put it in diagnostic mode by holding down both volume up and down buttons and pressing power on button at the top.
    use the down button to toggle down to bp tools at the bottom and press the volume up button to select it. your phone will power on in diagnostic mode.
    connect your phone via a usb cable to your computer and power on your computer. after your computer is powered up wait for the computer to install the device drivers for your phone
    open up device manager and find the modems and look for your phone (moto something or other or or xt875) and see which com port it is on by looking in the advanced tab or one of the other tabs. open up cdma workshop and select the com port your bionic is on and click on the connect button. click read to make sure your phone is connected and go to the security tab and SPC /User lock click send and send spc 000000 to your phone to unlock it so that you can write to it. go to the main tab and at the bottom you will see a drop down menu that says cdma click the drop down arrow and click on cdma-2. go to the r-uim configuration and click on nv only go to the bottom and click write click on the nam-1 and click nam-2 and click write again. now go to the cdma-2 tab and click cdma and go up to the tabs and click other go to the prl and click write and find the location you downloaded the prl file and select it and the program will write it to the phone. now you can power off the phone. activate the imei number by dropping off the last digit to make the number one less (14 instead of 15), power it up normally and the phone will program normally with the 4glte sim card installed. after activation, to get 1x data with mms go to the dial pad and *#*#4636#*#* go down to the turn off radio button and click it. it should now say turn on radio go to the gsm\cdma\prl auto drop down menu and select cdma only and then click turn on radio button back button out of there and you now have 1x data with talk, text and mms. painless

Feedback Score
    yeah... that sounded easy enough, LoL! Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Too much work for me. I'd rather stick with 3g phones and get full evdo then bother with all the fussing over a 4G phone that won't work in 4G. I'm sure PPC will allow it in the future but for now, 3G is just so much easier. OTA and you're done...

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    whew finally figured out the 3g on the bionic on pageplus thanx to the cricket forum and the .902 build

make sure you do the programming as per the bionic on pageplus thread
    make sure you are on the .902 update

*#*#info#*#* (4636) cdma only auto PRL dns toggle allowed

##program 6 test mode next next network type cdma and evdo

##program 14 lte test settings

lte bbpanic disable

sim type 3g test uicc

remove sim and make sure you have the pageplus prl on the phone after you check it without the sim card
    (remember to write nv only in cdma workshop to write prl to phone in either qpst or cdma ws)

disable 1,2 apns

reboot phone and 3g

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    So you get 3G consistent without drop on Droid Bionic? Just curious if this method works also with the Razr.

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Exact same method. I did a droid razr yesterday. Use verizon messenger(free from market) for mms to work. No more data cycling

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    You think this procedure would work in getting a DROID 4 on PPC?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    You think this procedure would work in getting a DROID 4 on PPC?
    my friend bought a droid bionic and can't seem to get page plus to activate the phone on their end. They said since the IMEI starts with 99 it's a 4G phone and they won't allow it to activate on their side.

How did anyone else get them to activate the phone on their end?

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Do not tell them it is a 4g phone PM me. Tell them it is something else. Drop the last digit from the IMEI and you will have the ESN.

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    The droid 4 is very similar I have activated a droid razr with this same method

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    newer better method with more detail

the entire process takes about 5 minutes after you install the software that you need.

you will need a computer, a data cable and an unused 4glte sim card and be on the .902 update

if you know how to bypass activation that will help (if you have wifi) you really need to be on the .902 update to get stable 3g
    if you are not on the .902 update you will need to activate the phone or bypass activation and use wifi to download the upate and install it first,
    because you will have to do or redo the activation after you install the update

to bypass activation:

Droid Bionic Bypass Activation
    To bypass the activation on the Droid Bionic launch into safe mode by powering down the device and powering it back up, once the droid eye appears press and hold the volume up and down buttons simultainiously till you see the green android guy,
    1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:
    2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then
    3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then
    4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then
    5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).
    6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.

touch the menu button at the bottom left corner of the touch screen (the four squares with the top left one being solid)

touch the settings button
    wireless and networks and connect to wifi
    scroll down to the bottom touch about phone
    at the top system updates
    install update .902

now proceed with activation

this is the prl file you will need:

http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html

these are the driver files you will need:

you can use this program:

http://conflipper.com/Software/QPST_2.7_366.rar

or:

http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop/de...a_workshop.rar

install either qpst or cdma workshop on your computer (you will need the latest version):
    or

install motorola drivers:

download the prl file to a folder you will access later:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html

first you need to insert your 4glte sim card and
    put your phone in diagnostic mode.
    1. turn off phone
    2. hold both the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time and press the power button.
    3. volume down to the last entry bptools
    4.phone will power on in diagnostic mode
    5. connect your droid bionic to your computer
    6. open up device manager and look under ports to find out which COM port your bionic is on (qnc diag)

if you use cdma workshop:
    open up cdma workshop
    scroll down to the port your phone is connected to and select it and click connect
    click read to make sure you are connected (you should see the imei number among other things on the left side of the window)
    select the security tab and go to the spc/user lock and click spc and click send 000000 a pop up should come up saying spc is correct phone unlocked
    click ok and go to the main tab and at the bottom click where the drop down menu says cdma and select cdma-2
    where the ruim section is click in the config. drop down menu and select nv only and click on write at the bottom right corner go over to the nam 1 drop down box at the bottom and select nam 2 and click write again.
    go to the other tab and go to the prl section and click on write and select the prl file that you downloaded (it should be on nam 1) select nam 2 and click write again
    you can now exit the program and power down the phone.
    you are now ready to activate.

if you use qpst
    open up qpst configuration
    select the port your phone is on
    at the top select start clients tab and click service programming
    when the box pops up click okay
    use the top arrows and arrow over to 1x hdr security tab
    select the r-ium config tab and select nv only and click write at the bottom of the screen
    arrow back over to the roam tab and select preferred roaming click browse and select the prl file you downloaded and click write to phone in the bottom left of the screen.
    you can close the program and power down the phone
    you are now ready to activate.

give the page plus people the imei # minus the last digit (the last digit of the imei number is not part of the esn) if they ask you about it tell them it is a blackberry or whatever do not tell them it is a 4g phone

when you power on the phone with the sim card in it, it should program OTA (over the air) automatically
    if you are having problems with the phone programming OTA simply
    dial *#*#4636#*#* and click turn radio off and
    change cdma/gsm/auto PRL to cdma only and click turn radio on
    power phone off and power it back on and it should OTA
    if you are doing an esn change you should have talk and text. if it is a new activation you will have to make a call to activate your new #
    now comes the fun part

to get 3g

remove sim card

*#*#4636#*#* turn radio off change to cdma auto prl and turn radio on

toggle dns allowed

dial ##program enter 000000 to verify and scroll down to
    14 LTE test settings
    select sim type select 3g test uicc click apply

select LTE bbpanic select disable

disable class1 APN

disable class2 APN

power down phone and power phone back up if 3g does not come up go to settings/ about phone check and make sure you have prl version 51720

if not go back thru the qpst or cdma workshop method without the sim card in the phone and write the PRL to the phone
    (make sure you change the r-uim to nv only)

check out these images

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...uestions/page4

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! I'm going to try it out on my Droid razr tomorrow. How do you go about picking up a lte sim card?

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    ebay and make sure you get the new micro or smaller verizon 4glte sim card

Feedback Score
    This is very useful information but considering that one is getting 3G only anyway, I think I'll just pick the lower hanging fruit and stick to 3G cdma devices for now. Can't wait till they do get 4G Lte on Verizon's mvno network. I'm sure by then, activation will be a little easier...

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wpc View Post
    my friend bought a droid bionic and can't seem to get page plus to activate the phone on their end. They said since the IMEI starts with 99 it's a 4G phone and they won't allow it to activate on their side.

How did anyone else get them to activate the phone on their end?
    Others have activated 4G phones on PPC in the past, however, it is possible that they are now being actively blocked. I'd suggest trying again.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast