Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 "Vanquish" Pre-Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 "Vanquish" Pre-Release Thread

Just held the Motorola "Vanquish". Not sure if it's the codename or the possible release name, but it is REALLY nice, was told it is the DX replacement. Lighter than the DX, screen a little larger, carbon fiber back (non-removable battery). A VERY early build so couldn't really play with it, but the screen is gorgeous! Will ship with ICS, couldn't get any hints on release date but as it is a very early build probably won't be sooner than summer.

Feedback Score
    Droid X replacement?? That would be nonsense with the RAZR line. Thought they were going to scale back device offerings?? X3 pretty much has to go LTE at this point as almost everyone will be in LTE coverage by the time 20 months are up after whatever timeframe this is scheduled to hit. Let's hope this is RAZR2 and not so massively bezeled. Even as RAZR2 that is a bit disconcerting though as the claim's of less device releases I had also hoped meant longer life cycle's by a good bit, but more extreme upgrades once replacement happened. That is the only thing keeping me hopeful about a D5 I would be interested in. I figure if they wait until this timeframe or later next year to have a D5 out they will finally have enough time to really think about and make happen what needs to to make that device as extreme as it needs to be to challenge the success of the OG and success of top tier slates I think such a phone needs to target at least one more time before OEMs just give up on QWERTY and they go the way of the dodo.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Definitely not the Razr2....Form factor very similar to the DX, complete with "hump". Although it's lighter, made much better, doesn't feel as cheap. Again, it;s a very early build, but nothing about it remotely indicates it's part of the Razr line.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fone sex View Post
    Definitely not the Razr2....Form factor very similar to the DX, complete with "hump". Although it's lighter, made much better, doesn't feel as cheap. Again, it;s a very early build, but nothing about it remotely indicates it's part of the Razr line.
    SD card?

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    The saga continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    Folks...I need to pull the trigger on either a Droid 4 or a Maxx pretty soon. However, the non-removable battery seems like a source of pain in the future.

Let's say I go for a Droid 4. Sixteen months into the contract the battery starts to crap out. If I put it on a Amex card, they'll pay UP TO the initial cost of the phone ($300). But Verizon tech support tells me today that the phone battery can't be replaced, you have to replace the entire phone ($600?+).

Has anyone yet tried to replace a battery in any of these non-replaceable battery phones? Any thoughts on how to get around the possibility of having to shell out big bucks just because of a bad battery in 18 months?

thanks!

Mike Nassour / Austin TX
    From another thread.

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    SD card?

( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    I believe so...I see if I can take a peek at it again today to confirm.

Anotehr thought is that although I was told it was slated to be the DX replacement, could very well end up being a DX cousin on another carrier. Info I get is usually pretty good though.

Feedback Score
    Just a point on the complaints on their being to many designs (and no, not a comment on the phone that fone sex held). About 4 or 5 months ago there was a leak about Dinara, and pictures of a unit. Notice you haven't seen it released or even leaked since. It is still months away.

Point being that just because a unit of a phone exist doesn't mean it is coming soon. So don't automatically assume Motorola is releasing too many phones too soon again. There are definite moves to reduce the portfolio.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I'm confusing things but could it be the Motorola "Targa"?

Name:  mototarga-leaklg1.jpg
Views: 3874
Size:  52.3 KB

EDIT: fail, that ended up being the Bionic, right?

Feedback Score
    Can you tell us if it is buttonless?

Feedback Score
    The RAZR seems like a slightly thinner wider X2 with non-removable battery and CF if you ask me so I am not sure what makes what you saw so obviously X3ish? Thicker and narrower I guess. If so this is going against the claim they were going to scale back device offerings this year. If they want to scale back device offerings VZW RAZR or X HAS to go as having both in an ongoing way is waste of development resources as either can attract the same consumer base.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Susurro View Post
    Just a point on the complaints on their being to many designs (and no, not a comment on the phone that fone sex held). About 4 or 5 months ago there was a leak about Dinara, and pictures of a unit. Notice you haven't seen it released or even leaked since. It is still months away.

Point being that just because a unit of a phone exist doesn't mean it is coming soon. So don't automatically assume Motorola is releasing too many phones too soon again. There are definite moves to reduce the portfolio.
    If they are going to have a Droid X and Droid RAZR line as fone sex is specifically suggesting here this portfolio reduction plan is already FAILING. If it's an X sister device on another carrier it's failing. RAZR should be marketed name and design regime for any LARGE SLATE PERIOD end of story or their marketing and product offering plans are failing, particularly if there is a deliberate effort to scale back number of device offerings.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    maybe the razr line is the high end device and the x line will become the low end device

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I believe so...I see if I can take a peek at it again today to confirm.

Anotehr thought is that although I was told it was slated to be the DX replacement, could very well end up being a DX cousin on another carrier. Info I get is usually pretty good though.
    If you get a chance, could you check to see what the rear camera MP resolution is? Wondering if it will be 8MP or higher this time around.

Also, does anyone else think the "numbering" used by phone manufactures is a bit lazy?
    iPhone, iPhone 2, iPhone 3GS .....
    iPad, iPad 2.....
    Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid 4.....
    Droid X, Droid X2.....

Does this ever end, Droid X8, iPhone 12? They need to come up with some new names....like the Bionic and Razr.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    If you get a chance, could you check to see what the rear camera MP resolution is? Wondering if it will be 8MP or higher this time around.

Also, does anyone else think the "numbering" used by phone manufactures is a bit lazy?
    iPhone, iPhone 2, iPhone 3GS .....
    iPad, iPad 2.....
    Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid 4.....
    Droid X, Droid X2.....

Does this ever end, Droid X8, iPhone 12? They need to come up with some new names....like the Bionic and Razr.
    In another thread a reply to my reference to the D5 suggested that the D4 may be the end of the Droid number line. Names now. Seems plausible.

I'd really like to know if this Vanquish, whatever it becomes, is set up for SD card support at this early stage in its development.

( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 02-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast