Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 "Vanquish" Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    LG enVTouch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes. But there isn't much action in that thread.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=14759333

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mahers View Post
    Yes. But there isn't much action in that thread.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=14759333

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Not much anywhere around here lately. Seems all of these are either a ways off or anyone who actually knows anything even if from the VZW side is being more silent now.

The whole issue with Motorola just slowly losing popularity in general(particularly among gadget enthusiasts) is probably not helping either. They still sell OK, but they have never really got the enthusiast community excited since the OG Droid when the launched the first reasonably high end Android device ever.

I am guessing even the RAZR was expected to have a lot bigger impact than it did, even if it's been pretty successful. Galaxy Nexus hype seemed to do this partially, but I also think the fact it was just not really nice in the hand and had a display not even as sharp as the OG Droid or OD DX really hurt it's appeal with many. Locked bootloader even after promises to try harder to allow such things by the end of last year further killed it's appeal among the enthusiast set that really defines which devices are getting the non marketing generated hype.

Feedback Score
    Also, doubt this device or the fighter ends up as significant as some HTC to hit VZW soon enough. Chances are VZW will get some iteration of an HTC Qualcomm S4 ONE devices well before Moto has anything in that performance realm. Shoot in most sorts of use that aren't very well multithreaded S4 will beat about all but A15 won't probably hit much until next year.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Yes, HTC seems to me to be on target of late. I'm still hoping for a top tier qwerty from that quarter before the D4G MAXX. Getting to where we should be seeing some gen2 LTE chips, too. Have to take a closer look at the 'One' line; haven't really checked it out yet.

Or, the Note / Journal is big, but still skinny enough that a slide version wouldn't be out of the question.

Plus, now that I can port my unlimited plan to a tablet... more research to do!

Does this Vanquish - Fighter - Blade confusion make anyone else think back to the Bionic - Targa questions of not so long ago? Do we again have too many phones in the pipeline, or just too many names?

Either way, slates seem to be taking over. With Moto having standardized USB position, some innovative accessory outfit might do well with a quality, carefully thought out clip-on USB slide for the newer Moto slates.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 03-27-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Can't edit -- so I'll append:
    HTC missed badly with the One series.

Non-removable batteries and two with no SD slots. Hope fading...

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Can't edit -- so I'll append:
    HTC missed badly with the One series.

Non-removable batteries and two with no SD slots. Hope fading...

( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    It looks like all new phones that ship with ICS will not have an SD slot. Only way is to have an already released phone and wait for an ICS update.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    And they STILL don't have LTE on AT&T.
    Long story on that one that I am definitely not making public. That one isn't Motorola's fault.

And I am really not sure developing an LTE modem was a smart move AT ALL?
    It has been almost a year since the first LTE phone hit the market and do you know how many LTE chip suppliers are shipping in phones today? There are two, Qualcomm's and the Motorola one. Pretty amazing huh?

Unless maybe you plan to goto ARM and start making SOC designs you will integrate it into also.
    There might be other options as well.

Apple has been smart to wait on LTE in this respect, but in the longer term they NEED to acquire a modem capability to integrate into the Ax SOC's at some point.
    Not in the next 5 years at least.
    Integrated modems and AP has been this holy grail in chip development for years, and only one company has been successful with it (QCM). And there is a performance hit because of it.

Honestly integrated SOCs will be the chip of choice for mid-tier and low-tier products but for the hero products it will be mostly a split architecture except for rare occasions (such as the QCM phones this summer). It just takes so much effort to integrate the modem and AP together that neither side can keep up with stand alone modems and APs.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    It looks like all new phones that ship with ICS will not have an SD slot. Only way is to have an already released phone and wait for an ICS update.
    Or root.

So will the Galaxy Note ccum Journal be GB?
    Or will vzw disable the SD slot?

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What is fueling this movement away from standard hardware like removable batteries and microSD slots? Is it to save money on hardware manufacturing costs or to give the corporations more control over our phones and how we manage our files?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well considering you can purchase an after market SD card for fairly cheap, Im assuming its to force you to purchase a more expensive phone if you want lots of storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimrob View Post
    Well considering you can purchase an after market SD card for fairly cheap, Im assuming its to force you to purchase a more expensive phone if you want lots of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWolf747 View Post
    What is fueling this movement away from standard hardware like removable batteries and microSD slots? Is it to save money on hardware manufacturing costs or to give the corporations more control over our phones and how we manage our files?
    It's mainly about control. But acquisition and control of the information itself more than any concern for how we use it. It's less about money, and then not the costs directly tied to the phone or to carrier services, so much as it's about the power gained by having the information.

DRM issues have a lot to do with it, too.

But if I fully explained all that, even those who know I'm right would (if they haven't already) dismiss me as ...

--jerry fletcher

( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Trust and believe...Moto making their own LTE modem was very smart. They are amazing when it comes to phone antennas.

I can tell that between the Rezound, G Nex and RAZR... my RAZR was/is the more reliable for reception. Phone and data.

I stay a Moto fan for 2 things: battery life and reception. In Android land...I feel no one else can give me that combo with decent results. And if there were/are reception issues with the Bionic...every manufacture cant hit a home run every time at bat. Look at the Galaxy S 2 vs. the Galaxy Nexus.

Apple can have a better batting average cuz they only have a small selection. And the same hardware in each version of the iPhone, iPad.

Feedback Score
    What kind of screen? I'm hoping Motorola keeps going with the superamoled technology. I will not get another phone until 28nm chips are placed in these phones for power consumption and VoLTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfan View Post
    I will not get another phone until 28nm chips are placed in these phones for power consumption and VoLTE
    What does 28nm have to do with VoLTE?
    Especially since when you are worrying about 28nm you are looking at the application processor. VoLTE is a modem concern, different device (or different part of the chip in the single chip solutions).

Feedback Score
    It was my understanding that manufacturers were having problems passing the fcc with the current chips for volte. I might have understood it wrong.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using HowardForums

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast