Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: [LIST] Good smartphones to get with Straight Talk sim

Carrier
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I would chose a nexus 4 "IF" you don't need a micro sd card. I'm a huge picture person so I had to throw in a 32gb card into my i747. That phone is unlocked at 350$, and it's a nice phone.
    -- Mercenaries don't die, they go to hell and regroup --

Feedback Score

Re: [LIST] Good smartphones to get with Straight Talk sim

I'd say the the only major downfall of the N4 is no microsd card slot, but if you can deal with that its the most affordable unlocked phone running the latest android software with this year's specs.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 I777 using HowardForums

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Precedent M828C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Question Where Do I get a Micro SIM card for Google Nexus 4?

OK, I purchased the 16gb Google Nexus 4 from Google Play for $349 ($380 with tax), but when I went to Walmart to get a SIM card they told me that I had to order it online from Straight Talk. I went to the Straight Talk SIM Card program section and was given three choices:

Please choose the type of phone you have:

1) Phone is a CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk, Telcel America or BlackBerry

2) Unlocked GSM Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)

3) T-Mobile Compatible Phone

Option One said this when clicked: "This program is not available with CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry phones."

Option Two asked for my zip then had a page that said this:

"To Activate your service, you will need a Service PIN. You may purchase a Service PIN with a Debit card or Credit card.

You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile.

This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, Telcel America, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones (i.e. Sprint, Metro PCS).

No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.

In order for your phone's INTERNET and MULTIMEDIA/PICTURE MESSAGING to work, you will need to update your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) settings by following a few simple steps. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com.

Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations.

If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you may need to make further changes to your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. You may search online for more information."

and then on the next page said this:

"Straight talk SIM Card will only work with an AT&T or T-mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. To activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan Card for activation. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices. Blackberrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. In order for your phone‘s data services to work, you must update your APN data settings, also called the Access Point Name. SIM Card and Service Plan are not refundable.

Free Ground Shipping when you buy a SIM or SIM bundle (SIM + airtime card) $14.99 or greater. This offer is only available with the purchase of any SIM and/or SIM & airtime card bundle through March 31, 2013.

All offers are subject to change or discontinuance by STRAIGHT TALK Wireless, Inc. at any time without further notice. Straight Talk Wireless, Inc. reserves the right to limit quantities and to reject or cancel orders in its sole discretion. Product is not for resale or distribution.

Signature is required for FedEx 3 day Ground & Overnight delivery method."

Option Three asked for my zip code, then repeated the same information that option two had and then had this on the next page:

T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card $14.99

Use your own compatible or unlocked GSM phone on America's best nationwide networks. Select a SIM or SIM bundle to get Unlimited Data, Talk & Text. It's that easy.

Unlimited GSM service on the best nationwide networks $45 per month - Unlimited Data, Talk & Text No contracts, no bills, no credit checks Use any compatible or unlocked GSM phone - including smart phones Keep your phone number Works with SMS, IM, social networks, email, web Standard SIM card size is about 1 inch long. Most phone models use this type of SIM.
    DETAILS

The final page, which was the ONLY OPTION that would allow me to order anything gave three options:

1) T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card

"SIM Only I will like to purchase a SIM Card without an Unlimited* Service Plan Card. I am an existing customer and already have an Unlimited* Service Plan or I am enrolled in Auto-Refill. An Unlimited* Service Plan card is required for activation."

2) T-Mobile Compatible SIM + Unlimited* Plan $59.99

"SIM + Unlimited* Service Plan Includes a $45.00/30 Day Service Plan Card Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text / MMS messages Nationwide Unlimited Data / Mobile Web Access / Email Unlimited Calls to 411

3) T-Mobile Compatible SIM + Unlimited* Int'l Plan $74.99

SIM + Unlimited* International Service Plan Includes a $60.00/30 Day Service Plan Card Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text / MMS messages Nationwide Unlimited Data / Mobile Web Access / Email Unlimited Calls to 411 Includes Unlimited International calling to over 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India, China and in other countries.* Click here for available Unlimited International Calling Destinations.

Long story longer, I purchased option one, the SIM card only, but when it arrived it was NOT a micro SIM card which is what the Google Nexus 4 requires. Where do I get the correct micro SIM card to allow me to use my GN 4 with Straight Talk, as has been indicated multiple times on this thread to be possible? Thanking you in advance.

LapisLee

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LapisLee View Post
    OK, I purchased the 16gb Google Nexus 4 from Google Play for $349 ($380 with tax), but when I went to Walmart to get a SIM card they told me that I had to order it online from Straight Talk. I went to the Straight Talk SIM Card program section and was given three choices:

Please choose the type of phone you have:

1) Phone is a CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk, Telcel America or BlackBerry

2) Unlocked GSM Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)

3) T-Mobile Compatible Phone

Option One said this when clicked: "This program is not available with CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry phones."

Option Two asked for my zip then had a page that said this:

"To Activate your service, you will need a Service PIN. You may purchase a Service PIN with a Debit card or Credit card.

You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile.

This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, Telcel America, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones (i.e. Sprint, Metro PCS).

No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.

In order for your phone's INTERNET and MULTIMEDIA/PICTURE MESSAGING to work, you will need to update your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) settings by following a few simple steps. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com.

Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations.

If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you may need to make further changes to your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. You may search online for more information."

and then on the next page said this:

"Straight talk SIM Card will only work with an AT&T or T-mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. To activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan Card for activation. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices. Blackberrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. In order for your phone‘s data services to work, you must update your APN data settings, also called the Access Point Name. SIM Card and Service Plan are not refundable.

Free Ground Shipping when you buy a SIM or SIM bundle (SIM + airtime card) $14.99 or greater. This offer is only available with the purchase of any SIM and/or SIM & airtime card bundle through March 31, 2013.

All offers are subject to change or discontinuance by STRAIGHT TALK Wireless, Inc. at any time without further notice. Straight Talk Wireless, Inc. reserves the right to limit quantities and to reject or cancel orders in its sole discretion. Product is not for resale or distribution.

Signature is required for FedEx 3 day Ground & Overnight delivery method."

Option Three asked for my zip code, then repeated the same information that option two had and then had this on the next page:

T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card $14.99

Use your own compatible or unlocked GSM phone on America's best nationwide networks. Select a SIM or SIM bundle to get Unlimited Data, Talk & Text. It's that easy.

Unlimited GSM service on the best nationwide networks $45 per month - Unlimited Data, Talk & Text No contracts, no bills, no credit checks Use any compatible or unlocked GSM phone - including smart phones Keep your phone number Works with SMS, IM, social networks, email, web Standard SIM card size is about 1 inch long. Most phone models use this type of SIM.
    DETAILS

The final page, which was the ONLY OPTION that would allow me to order anything gave three options:

1) T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card

"SIM Only I will like to purchase a SIM Card without an Unlimited* Service Plan Card. I am an existing customer and already have an Unlimited* Service Plan or I am enrolled in Auto-Refill. An Unlimited* Service Plan card is required for activation."

2) T-Mobile Compatible SIM + Unlimited* Plan $59.99

"SIM + Unlimited* Service Plan Includes a $45.00/30 Day Service Plan Card Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text / MMS messages Nationwide Unlimited Data / Mobile Web Access / Email Unlimited Calls to 411

3) T-Mobile Compatible SIM + Unlimited* Int'l Plan $74.99

SIM + Unlimited* International Service Plan Includes a $60.00/30 Day Service Plan Card Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text / MMS messages Nationwide Unlimited Data / Mobile Web Access / Email Unlimited Calls to 411 Includes Unlimited International calling to over 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India, China and in other countries.* Click here for available Unlimited International Calling Destinations.

Long story longer, I purchased option one, the SIM card only, but when it arrived it was NOT a micro SIM card which is what the Google Nexus 4 requires. Where do I get the correct micro SIM card to allow me to use my GN 4 with Straight Talk, as has been indicated multiple times on this thread to be possible? Thanking you in advance.

LapisLee
    Straight Talk doesn't offer micro sims for T-Mobile. Take your sim card to a T-Mobile store and have them cut it for you.

Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk sux. Sorry :P

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    Straight Talk doesn't offer micro sims for T-Mobile. Take your sim card to a T-Mobile store and have them cut it for you.
    Thank you kindly sir! :-)

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePalmer View Post
    Straight Talk sux. Sorry :P
    How so? My first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Precedent in September 2011 and I loved it for nearly a year before I realized it was grossly under-powered in the memory department. I live in a basement apartment, but reception is fine if I stand near the patio window. We have a cell phone tower right across the street. I enjoy paying only $45 for unlimited everything, while my friends dish out $120 to $200 for Verizon and ATT and do nothing but whine about them. I think Straight Talk will be fine for as long as I can convince myself it's good enough and I have feeling it's about to get a lot better with the GN 4. ;-)

Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    Just cut it down yourself but be careful not to cut the gold plate on the card. If your phone has a sim tray like the iPhone where it HAS to fit perfectly then do this at your own discretion but if it's the classic "slide in tray" then go ahead and cut it down little by little till it fits then slide it in carefully trying to align it with the connecters on the phone. Done this a million times with Samsung, HTC, LG, Nokia, and Huawei branded phones. Even do this a lot for iPhones.

Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LapisLee View Post
    How so? My first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Precedent in September 2011 and I loved it for nearly a year before I realized it was grossly under-powered in the memory department. I live in a basement apartment, but reception is fine if I stand near the patio window. We have a cell phone tower right across the street. I enjoy paying only $45 for unlimited everything, while my friends dish out $120 to $200 for Verizon and ATT and do nothing but whine about them. I think Straight Talk will be fine for as long as I can convince myself it's good enough and I have feeling it's about to get a lot better with the GN 4. ;-)
    Do me a favor and and find your answer here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-find-out-why*

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I just gotta find myself a cheap laptop dock maybe off ebay...

Feedback Score
    what is the largest screen size cheapest phone, would be used to talk, text, gps app and some general web surfing or app using. Oh and as a camera,

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Do-It-Yourself Micro SIM Card Cutting

Just cut it down yourself but be careful not to cut the gold plate on the card. If your phone has a sim tray like the iPhone where it HAS to fit perfectly then do this at your own discretion but if it's the classic "slide in tray" then go ahead and cut it down little by little till it fits then slide it in carefully trying to align it with the connectors on the phone. Done this a million times with Samsung, HTC, LG, Nokia, and Huawei branded phones. Even do this a lot for iPhones.
    Hmm. Maybe I will! Thanks!

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Do me a favor and and find your answer here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-find-out-why*

Thanks!
    You can't say that I didn't try!

LapisLee, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just cut it down yourself but be careful not to cut the gold plate on the card. If your phone has a sim tray like the iPhone where it HAS to fit perfectly then do this at your own discretion but if it's the classic "slide in tray" then go ahead and cut it down little by little till it fits then slide it in carefully trying to align it with the connecters on the phone. Done this a million times with Samsung, HTC, LG, Nokia, and Huawei branded phones. Even do this a lot for iPhones.
    It was easier and quicker for me to take it to the T-Mobile store and have them use their sim cutter. Free.

Feedback Score

Thanks!
    I already know the answer myself, but went just to take a look at the link. Got this:

xxxxx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    What's that all about? I figure this is FAQ type info that everybody needs to see or you wouldn't have put it out there....

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast