Thread: Block numbers on straight talk Phone specific?

Feedback Score

Angry Block numbers on straight talk Phone specific?

Verizon calls me everynight around this time to tell me I didn't pay my last bill for november through december (I switched to straight talk in november)

Just curious if blocking numbers was phone specific.

My wife has an LG 290C

I figure iPhone and even E71 probably have an app to do this and I am working on getting an iPhone fixed up for her, but until then is there a way to block the number? thanks!

Feedback Score
    Wow.. giving this a self bump for justice. Knocked straight to the bottom without a single reply.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I do not think it`s possible. Here is the manual for the Sprint version. It has many more features than found on the Tracfone model and I don`t see it listed.

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd.../lx_290_ug.pdf

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is a post for blocking on the LG 420, see if you can do this on the 290.

I love this phone... you can create your own DoNotCall folder in your Phone's Contacts folder and then you can save/add these type of calls to your DoNotCall folder the same way that you would if it were a call received from a phone number that you DO want to save. Then, you can use the SETTINGS menu, select CALL, then CALL REJECT (yes, my first reaction was to think it would be under call barring, too), and under the Call Reject menu - you can specify a Call Reject List (from the group options there), and then Specify the REJECT GROUP from that submenu. Then, when you get another phone call from someone with a thick middle eastern accent trying to sell you something (ie- selling "timeshares" from 813-200-7690), THEY WILL RECEIVE A RECORDED MESSAGE advising them that "the person you are trying to call is not accepting phone calls from you". End of story...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah I wanted to see if blocking calls was phone specific, I guess it is, so hopefully I'll be able to get an app to do this on the iPhone.

Maybe I could use call forwarding to forward them back to themselves

Feedback Score
    If you got an iPhone get iblacklist or kuaidial. Both let you sh-it list peeps nice and easy. Cydia apps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk