Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Talk and Text

Feedback Score

Unlimited Talk and Text

I wanted to get the HOFOs opinion on a $29.99 Unlimited Talk and Text plan on the ATT Network.

I know several sources in the MVNO world and i was told yesterday that a HOFO discussed ATT MVNO is in the process of launching an UTT plan for $29.99.

Sounded great to me I was just curious what the HOFO world would think of a such a plan?

Feedback Score
    It's a great price point and will sell well. It currently outdoes the closest plan which is Air Voice 5000 minute/10000 sms for $35. If it is an Att mvno , the cap will be the same most likely as they all have basically the same plans with different details, prices.

It's data which is going to get tiered, throttled, hard capped, etc while talk and text will simply continue to drop in price.

I wonder which mvno it is. It will launch another price war on that front for sure.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by upstatesc View Post
    I wanted to get the HOFOs opinion on a $29.99 Unlimited Talk and Text plan on the ATT Network.

I know several sources in the MVNO world and i was told yesterday that a HOFO discussed ATT MVNO is in the process of launching an UTT plan for $29.99.

Sounded great to me I was just curious what the HOFO world would think of a such a plan?
    I don't really know why people make a big deal out of unlimited talk and text. I have the T-Mobile 1500 combined talk and text (1500 voice minutes and/or text messages) for $30 a month. I did a poll over on wirelessadvisor.com and very few people go over 300 voice minutes per month mostly doing text messages now. T-Mobile has a prepaid plan that for $15 per month you get unlimited text messages and 10˘ per minute 24/7 for voice calls. It wouldn't work for me since I use enough voice minutes that it wouldn't be enough voice minutes, but for someone who mainly uses text messages it's an ideal plan. I guess you have to judge what works best for you and your particular communications habits whether unlimited voice would really be that useful to you. (Some people it really would while others not so much.)
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    1500 minutes is nothing, that's why people look for unlimited. I can't imagine doing business by text while I'm driving. How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    I don't really know why people make a big deal out of unlimited talk and text. I have the T-Mobile 1500 combined talk and text (1500 voice minutes and/or text messages) for $30 a month. I did a poll over on wirelessadvisor.com and very few people go over 300 voice minutes per month mostly doing text messages now. T-Mobile has a prepaid plan that for $15 per month you get unlimited text messages and 10˘ per minute 24/7 for voice calls. It wouldn't work for me since I use enough voice minutes that it wouldn't be enough voice minutes, but for someone who mainly uses text messages it's an ideal plan. I guess you have to judge what works best for you and your particular communications habits whether unlimited voice would really be that useful to you. (Some people it really would while others not so much.)

Feedback Score
    From my understanding this MVNO does not cut off customers at a certain number of texts or minutes.

As soon as my contact gives me the OK - I will tell you who it is.

I dont post often - but I work in the industry and can offer different views than those of a consumer or mater agent.

My position affords me the opportunity to know who and what may be behind a new product line.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Carrier
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket has an unlimited talk and text for 39.99 a month (no tax) If you are interested PM me and I can send you a SIM.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    He's not looking for service. Read his posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by redpocketdealer View Post
    Red Pocket has an unlimited talk and text for 39.99 a month (no tax) If you are interested PM me and I can send you a SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Nah - its not Immix. I believe that particular plan is only good in Immix's home area.

Although, I am very familiar with their wholesale product offerings.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Actually Immix just got back to me and said it'll sell it to anyone outside their area but you'd need a Pennsylvania number.

Feedback Score
    If it's offered and has no talk/text cap limits , it will do very well with the tnt crowd. If you have an addon data pack , that would be even more versatile.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The Immix deal also has a $50 unlimited talk, text and data which from the coverage map looks like AT&T.

I'd like to see what this MVNO is doing since its obvious someone can get at least that low now.

This may be turning into what was happening in the long distance game in the 90's. Rogue account execs were signing contracts at prices that their company lost money on but they were making their numbers and getting bonuses that way. The Mafia even co opted MCI into a deal they lost $100 million on. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    If it's offered and has no talk/text cap limits , it will do very well with the tnt crowd. If you have an addon data pack , that would be even more versatile.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I expect that Straight Talk will offer unlimited Talk and Text for $30 in the next 6 months.

I have no inside information on this, but they offered that deal for a short period of time on the LG 420G and Net10 continues to offer that same deal on 3 dumb phones today. They also offer "data," but these phones are so limited that their offer of data doesn't really amount to anything.

Given that they are offering $45 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data, and $30 per month for 1,000 minutes and 1,000 texts, it makes sense that they'll modify the $30 plan to offer unlimited talk and text, with either a small amount of data or none at all.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.

Feedback Score
    The ST $30 plan is becoming more and more outmoded as tougher competition breaks in at the non unlimited plan range. I think it is due for an improvement along with Tmobile's $30 plan.

The whole unlimited everything at a lower pricepoint ON FEATURE PHONES ONLY seems to be a gimmick more "premium" companies like Att and Verizon seem to be in love with. The Net10 version of this appears to be the mvno counter at an even lower pricepoint without the big Red and Blue brand names behind them.

We'll see what happens. At these pricepoints, prepaid dealers should focus on handsets , sims, activations and services because everytime a price decrease happens, they lose profit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    I would agree I think it would do very well. I'd definitely be interested as I am on AV $35 plan right now. I think others who only need Talk&Text would be interested in a $30 price point on ATT towers. Sounds like a good deal.

@upstatesc Let us know about the ATT MVNO as soon as you are given permission...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast