Thread: 3G Apple iPad and Straight Talk

Feedback Score

3G Apple iPad and Straight Talk

Has anyone every put a ST sim card into an Apple IPAD? How did it work if you did?

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    People have, and it works but I believe for data only you can actually get a better deal directly from AT&T. Just don't let them try to put you in a contract if you bring your own iPad.

Feedback Score
    Yah AT&T gives you 3GB ipad data plan for 30 bucks which is cheaper than ST at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've tried it and it works fine. You just have to have the right APN settings. It comes in handy if you occasionally need cellular data on your iPad... Just swap the ST SIM in.

But if you plan to use cellular data regularly, it's just alot easier just to pay for it monthly from ATT.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I bought a sim from at&t for "use" with a 3G ipad and used it on my android phone for VOIP would it work?

just a note; i'm tired as hell and forming ideas that probably won't work but thought i'd ask

Feedback Score
    I also tried my iPad SIM in my iphone and it worked fine, data only of course. I used Talkatone to make calls using GoogleVoice on my iphone. It worked fine. I only did it briefly so no guarantees if it will work long term and also not sure how it would behave in an Android phone.

In addition, I've heard of people who have gotten warning messages from ATT... but I believe that was for using their ATT phone SIM in an iPad. I don't know if anyone who has gotten a message from ATT for using their iPad SIM in their phone.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    if that worked it'd be awesome..because i use google voice for all my text and calls anyways..so 30 a month would hit the sweet spot perfectly.

Feedback Score
    But wait till you really use it for VoIP calls. VoIP does suck a lot of data, which you'll be in short supply.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk