Thread: Porting into Gophone from another wireless carrier?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Porting into Gophone from another wireless carrier?

I have searched this forum. I've chatted two times with AT&T, but I always end up at the Gophone automated attendant which doesn't have an option for porting.

I want to port my T-Mobile number into my AT&T Gophone.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Yes you can. If you buy your Go Phone at a retail store, politely decline any offering to activate service for you. Bring your non-activated Go Phone home and activate it using a link found on www.att.com/gophone. You'll be given the option to port your number from there.

If ordering from the AT&T website you can port your number during the order process.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Rats! I screwed up then because I didn't see that. I've activated it already. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    You can call customer care and see if you can port your number. This is best done from a phone that isn't the one you want the number changed. Call 800-331-0500 when asked for your phone number, provide the number you got when you activated your Go Phone. I think you'd then say "more options" and then "customer service" when talking to that automated voice recognition line, and that gets you to a live person.

Feedback Score
    It shouldn't be an issue at all. I got a gophone sim activated and then easily ported my T-Mobile number to it. As celugeek mentioned, call AT&T's porting department, keep the phone with your old number handy as they will call to verify that the number actually belongs to you. You might need the account number for your old connection also (it was quite easy to get it from T-Mobile by calling customer service, in my case)

Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek View Post
    You can call customer care and see if you can port your number. This is best done from a phone that isn't the one you want the number changed. Call 800-331-0500 when asked for your phone number, provide the number you got when you activated your Go Phone. I think you'd then say "more options" and then "customer service" when talking to that automated voice recognition line, and that gets you to a live person.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Ported my number from Verizon to gophone last week. Dial the automated number and keep saying "representative". Eventually you get a live person who will xfer you to porting. Took about 10 minutes total from start to finish. You'll need your account number and password or pin from tmobile. They made sure it was ported and working before they hung up. Great service! Much easier than my attempt with straight-talk, but thats for another thread.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I finally got it resolved. The hardest part was getting by AT&T's automated attendant. When I finally got a live person, I thought it was a great experience because the CSR stayed on the line until the number was ported.

Thanks all.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's good you got it all straight. I've actually had pretty good experience with att prepaid cs overall.
    Running too many phones