Thread: How to enable Multimedia Messaging on older Metropcs phones?

Feedback Score

Exclamation How to enable Multimedia Messaging on older Metropcs phones?

I have a Nokia 6265i that I have been using with Metro since it came out in 2006.
    They changed the access code in 2010 from "metropcs" to a combination of the ESN.
    My phone internet was working since the first week of February. I had to update the roaming list and something changed in their system and now I am been block from using their internet service and I get " server not responding" and not able to send multimedia messaging.
    But I am able to use Dial Up networking and use Metro connection to surf the net!
    My phone is old but still works and provide the basic service as any other phone, but Metro is saying that the phone is not supported anymore in their system from the changes they made in 2010, which it was the secret password.
    Does anyone knows of a work around to this issue?
    Any changes that I can make to the phone internet settings to allow me send multimedia messaging?

thanks!

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i think pimp can help u there i believe he had that phone. If not your better off leaving the antique behind and buying u a simple affordable phone from metro theres a few for around $30-$40 which im sure wont break your wallet.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help, I will try to contact the user for any suggestions!
    Metro has been updating there system and their goal is to move everyone from their CDMA to VOIP on their LET network. It could be done by the end of the year or later. I will be the first one to buy a good phone that will work on that network, but I am sure they will come up with something like the Craft when LTE came out. I complained to Metro for not offering a high end good phone, I am willing to pay $700 to have decent technology on my pocket. The Nokia 6265i was $269 when it came out in 2006 and it was a popular phone. The Galaxy Nexus could be a cool phone on Metro if they let it play nice with there LTE.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    well if ur willing to pay that much you might as well buy the LG esteem

heres pimp's profile page if he dosnt respond to this post sooner or later u can message him.

http://www.howardforums.com/member.p...-allmanallpimp

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot n4zty!
    I will send him a message.....
    The LG esteem is the best choice for the moment on Metro. But will it be in a couple of months when the new TV receiver phones becomes available? and then the next round of VOIP comes up by December?
    It is all marketing, but most of the phones will work using the current technology, the only thing need it is a couple of settings to be active! I will keep using my old junk that I can talk for days none stop without worrying about the battery draining and connect as a dial up modem with no no data limit.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    as far as the dyle and metro deal to allow metro phones to be used to watch tv im not sure when they are thinking about releasing that and which phones will be compatible with that type of technology thats another story but i will say this from the pics ive seen they had a metro samsung galaxy S 1 as a prototype now with that being said if we know metro very well they are about making money so rather than giving us free updates or selling us the components to upgrade ourselves they are more likely to sell new phones and make us spend $400-$450 in order to have the latest technology fad.But hey it is what it is.

Feedback Score

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    just in case you don't see your message, here is the response:

it most certainly is possible... i know it sounds odd, but the software settings in the phone are different than the software settings on the computer, etc... now, i want to make sure, you said you changed the phone's settings for data already in the past? if so, have you tried changing them back to the original? can you access the settings you have on your computer for port, etc? can you make sure they are the same as what's on the phone? this is where i would start, but as always make a back up of original settings and what is in there now before doing anything...

also wanted to put it here just in case anyone else is having issues...
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phones
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    another thing you can try is check the settings on a metro feature phone like let's say the freeform 3 and see if they match what you have....

Feedback Score
    Yes that could be a good to see if anything have change.
    I have been looking around at the new settings but nobody mention an IP address. All connection details are base on a wap.metropcs.net

Phones
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i wouldn't worry about ip address, worry about ports, etc...