Thread: Boost to Boost ESN

Feedback Score

Boost to Boost ESN

Hello guys, this would be my first post and I want to thank you for your help.. I'm sorry if this isnt the right place ot ask this or if im not asking it correctly but I am very fresh in the flashing scene and im trying to get better....its just so hard to find actual tutorials...or at least I havent found them yet lol.

Anyways. I have 2 boost phones a Samsung Prevail and I just had bought a ZTE Warp and would like to just change my ESN and not have to worry about loosing my plan that I have with the prevail. I have tried to look up ESN swapping and havent come up with anything =\ I dont know what else to do so I thought i'd turn to everyone here! Thank you very much for everyones time. I actually bought CDMA-Workshop and thought I could just wing it and figure it out because im familiar with jailbreaking and repairing phones,ps3's and xbox360s but this is completly different and whenever I look at the program I cant even understand it lol.....please guys help me understannndd!!!

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Trying to understand what it is you want to do here... You have your Prevail active with Boost. Now you have bought a Warp and want to use the Warp instead of the Previal on the same account/plan? All you need to do is call Boost and tell them you have a new phone you want to use and they will walk you through the rest. Unless I have interpreted your post wrong, that is...

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    Or just go to the Boost Mobile website, click on "Account," then "Update Handset."

Keep in mind that if you had previously been grandfathered under the old $50/month "Everything" plan
    with your Prevail, it will go up to $55/Month when you switch to the ZTE.

People who had the $50/month plan with an Android phone (which I think was only the Prevail at the time), only get
    to keep that plan if they do not upgrade or change phones. Once that happens, the "new" Android plan takes effect.

You probably already know that, but just in case you didn't.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sounds to me like the OP wants to clone
    the ESN from the Prevail to the Warp.

Sell the Prevail and use the proceeds to pay the extra 5 a month. You will not loose your shrinkage status.

You will have a worthless prevail and claimed to have purchased CDMA workshop.

What would/did you save?
    Sent from my Motorola Photon

Feedback Score
    Look guys, you've missed the entire point. Using the Web site to change handsets or calling customer service has NO bragging rights... it's just not sexy.

Now OP... If you REALLY want to impress the Lay-dees forget CDMA Workshop... You're going to need a big magnifying glass, a really sharp xacto knife and a 1 3/4 liter bottle of really good bourbon. Send me an offline text and I'll tell you where to send the bourbon...

Phones
    Evo * Imagio * Incredible * TP2 * Vogue * Fascinate *
    Evo * HTC Incredible
    Imagio * Sprint Touch Pro
    Carriers
    BoostMobile
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

you can do iyourself at boost.com

If you are looking to change switch the phone on your current boost plan to a new boost phone you can easily do it online yourself with a couple of clicks. No need for software or hacking.

Go to boostmobile.com & log into your account, or create a new account if you don't have one yet.
    Click the change/add device tab . Can't recall exact wording but I think it's the 3rd tab over.
    Fill in the meid / device # for your new device.
    Verify the number is correct & follow the prompts to activate your new phone.
    Your new device will replace your existing boost phone. & usually program itself.over the air (iota)
    Screen will display 2 numbers. These are your MSL codes to unlock your device. Write.them.down & keep em!
    You should print out the instructions in case you need in the future.
    You may need to power off the phone & remove/replace battery, but usually not necessary
    Bam, you're done

Tips:
    You will still have the same plan & will not lose any shrinkage or other settings. I switched my device (not plan) a few times since rate hike & still have $10 month unlimited internet on paygo plan.
    You can switch out your phones whenever you want. There is no fee.
    This method works.for any boost device with clear ESN (not stolen). You can verify ESN Google deathtrip ESN check
    If you are trying to swap in (add) a Sprint device, you will need to call boost customer service.
    Tip: Dial 88 during automated menu to get a live person. This is for for boost store reps, but they will also help regular customers like us.
    If you are looking to sell your copy of cdma workshop I amay be interested.
    Last edited by Jezi; 02-14-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: details.on rate. change

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    If you were just going to clone your way onto Boost, you should've just gotten an Evo in the first place. Your problem is that there is very little interest in doing a MEID repair on a phone (the ZTE Warp) that has no legitimate reason for ever needing it done.

Look into Straight Talk's new BYOD if you want the freedom to pick whatever handset you want. The great thing about prepaid is there's no need to be loyal to one carrier.

Feedback Score
    ahh, thanks guys for all the post and yes..some of you are right...forgive me if im asking anything bad...I dont nessicarily want to "clone" the prevail esn to the warp...i want to repair it, I had bought this warp on craigslist come to find out the esn is bad....I really dont know what to do at this point but I dont mean to be asking anything "against the rules" forgive me this is my first few posts on HoFo thank you for all your guys' responses

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Oh, it's an allowed subject for discussion; there have been some recent rule changes at HoFo. It's giving specific instructions and how-tos on "MEID repair" that are verboten.

Boost really only renders a MEID "bad" if the phone has been reported stolen (or was stolen from a store). If the phone is attached to an account, you can simply do a PIN request online (which will be sent as a text to the phone) and then call Boost and ask for the account to be closed. On the other hand, if the phone turned out to be stolen, it's probably best to report the Craigslist seller to the police.