Thread: Go Phone with Straight Talk coverage, and other questions

Feedback Score

Go Phone with Straight Talk coverage, and other questions

If you use a AT&T Go Phone with a Straight Talk SIM, will you be restricted to the AT&T prepaid coverage map?
    Or will your Go Phone be able to use the Straight Talk coverage map?

And when you buy the SIM, they ask "Please choose the type of phone you have:", and you specify "AT&T Compatible Phone", are you guaranteed they will send you a SIM that only works with the ATT network, or can they send you a SIM that works with T-Mobile?

Why do they ask you
    "Please enter the zip code of the area where you will be using your phone the most:"?
    Is this to determine whether you get an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM?

My phone number is 12 years old and I no longer live in that state.
    Will my current actual zip code prevent me from porting my number later?
    Or should I "lie" and use the zip code for where I lived 12 years ago, to ensure I can port my number eventually?

I was not planning to port my number immediately. I wanted to test out Straight Talk for a month before discontinuing my out-of-contract plan.

Once I am satisfied with Straight Talk, should I port my number to Straight Talk, or should I port it to Google Voice?

One more question, they offer two different SIMs, one for $14.99 and one for $59.99. What is the difference? It doesn't explicitly say the $59.99 item includes the $45 monthly service charge.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    1. You wil be getting the ST Map.
    2. If you select AT&T phone, you will offered the option to buy an AT&T Sim, and that's what they will send you.
    3. The Zip Code is used to ensure that there is coverage in that location with the SIM you have selected.
    If you don't, they won't let you order.
    4. The Zip Code has nothing to do with porting of your phone #.
    5. If you choose to port, they may require you to purchase another SIM. Nobody knows on this issue yet.
    6. Yes, it does explicitly say that the $59.99 includes a one month service card worth $45.00.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    4. The Zip Code has nothing to do with porting of your phone #.
    I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, but I can't find it again - that ST won't port a number from a different area. So if you "forget" to mention that you moved, there should be no problem.

5. If you choose to port, they may require you to purchase another SIM. Nobody knows on this issue yet.
    You'd have to get another card if you activated the first one on a different number. You can't change the number in the card once it's activated. (No reason you can't, they just don't. It may have something to do with security.)