Thread: OFFICIAL APN Info for Straight Talk Wireless - Use if you are trying to start service

Feedback Score

OFFICIAL APN Info for Straight Talk Wireless - Use if you are trying to start service

Before I say anything else I want it duly noted that www.howardforums.com makes a new user wait 2 weeks before submitting any new posts. This is horrible - I had figured out a way to get my android to work on Straight Talk before they had android phones and the option to "bring your own phone" into the network. When I went to post it on Howardforums I had to wait so long I eventually just said F*** it and never posted it. Good thing Straight Talk now allows us to bring in our own phones into the network.

TO MAKE YOUR PHONE CONNECT TO THE STRAIGHT TALK NETWORK (straight from the website):
    and yes, I did have to pay the $14.99 + tax for a new sim card to work with my android Sidekick 4g, Totally worth it though for $45 unlimited everything. LET THE MIGRATION BEGIN!

"Steps To Complete Your Activation

Important Information

To complete the Activation, turn your phone off and immediately back on.

Make a call. If after 10 minutes you are unable to make and receive calls, turn your phone OFF and back ON again.

If your call was not successful, wait 1 hour and repeat these steps.

In order for your phone's features to work, you will need to update your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) setting. Some services, such as MMS or Browsing, may not work if you cannot make the required changes.

Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) setting, follow the below steps to be able to make and receive MMS and access your Browser.

Create a new APN with the following values depending on whether it's a Smart Phone or not.

Smart Phone:

APN Name: Straight Talk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Port: 8080
    MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com

All Other Phones:

APN Name: Straight Talk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    Port: 8080
    MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    MMS Port: 8080

Delete the current "APN/Access Point Name" from your phone.

Reboot your phone.

If you encounter any difficulty updating your phone, please refer to your phone user manual and manufacturer for further assistance. Keep in mind, your APN setting can be found on the red Activation Card that came with your *SIM Card*, or go to our website’s Frequently Asked Questions.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    No this is the official data from the website that I received after I brought my phone into the network.

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RoamenCota View Post
    Before I say anything else I want it duly noted that www.howardforums.com makes a new user wait 2 weeks before submitting any new posts. This is horrible - I had figured out a way to get my android to work on Straight Talk before they had android phones and the option to "bring your own phone" into the network. When I went to post it on Howardforums I had to wait so long I eventually just said F*** it and never posted it. Good thing Straight Talk now allows us to bring in our own phones into the network.
    That is because new members may often post spam, or needless threads. For example, a thread covering information that has been well known and discussed on the forum for over a year now and covered ad-nauseam already in other threads.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio View Post
    That is because new members may often post spam, or needless threads. For example, a thread covering information that has been well known and discussed on the forum for over a year now and covered ad-nauseam already in other threads.
    Well said. I would've been a little more rude though, LOL

Feedback Score
    I was able to post an hour or so after I registered.

Feedback Score
    thats cuz howard saw that I never posted my info.

he sent me a thank you note.

You are welcome, Mr. H

Phone
    Nokai Lumia 920
    Carrier
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did the infomation change from last Thursday? What is shown in my AT&T compatiable Sim Kit and what to use is not what your showing and my phone seems to be working.

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neftv View Post
    Did the infomation change from last Thursday? What is shown in my AT&T compatiable Sim Kit and what to use is not what your showing and my phone seems to be working.
    The info in this thread is for the T-mobile BYOP sim. according to---> http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php

Feedback Score
    to answer your question, straight talk is using ATT's network. if you bring a phone in from tmobile, the phone has to have its APN changed from tmobile to ATT. IF YOU ARE USING AN ATT PHONE i suppose you will not have to change any apn settings as your default apn is what straight talk uses anyway.

I SUPPOSE any person bringing a CDMA phone will have to change their apn to this also. Someone who has brought a CDMA fone in2 ST please tell us whatsup.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This thread duplicates information in several others and provides no useful additional information. I am reporting it to the moderators and I suggest everyone else do the same.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Since this is already being discussed in another thread I'm gonna go ahead and close this one.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.