Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waived activation fee and upgrade time?

Feedback Score

Waived activation fee and upgrade time?

Other than costco, do you guys and gals know if anyone, especially Best Buy mobile, will waive activation fees?

Also, I have 2 activations in june, has anyone heard of vzw moving upgrades up if asked?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdervish View Post
    Other than costco, do you guys and gals know if anyone, especially Best Buy mobile, will waive activation fees?

Also, I have 2 activations in june, has anyone heard of vzw moving upgrades up if asked?
    Can't speak to waiving activation fees.

As far as upgrade dates being shifted, customer service can get manager exceptions done to upgrade ahead of a normal upgrade date. It's not a date shift, it's an exception. Unless you're wanting an iphone - then you're pretty much SOL until your actual upgrade date.

Sent from my DROID2 using HowardForums

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Best Buy doesn't waive activation fees since it isn't their fee. It's Verizon's. In fact, if you sign up for a new line through Best Buy, they don't even collect the activation fee. They only collect the price of the handset. Any activation fee is tacked onto your first carrier bill for the new line(s).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Best Buy doesn't waive activation fees since it isn't their fee. It's Verizon's. In fact, if you sign up for a new line through Best Buy, they don't even collect the activation fee. They only collect the price of the handset. Any activation fee is tacked onto your first carrier bill for the new line(s).
    I heard that sometimes they call into the local corporate store and get them to waive the fee. I guess that's if bb mobile manager and vzw manager have a good relationship going on.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdervish View Post
    I heard that sometimes they call into the local corporate store and get them to waive the fee. I guess that's if bb mobile manager and vzw manager have a good relationship going on.
    When I added three lines through Best Buy for my kids, I didn't pay activation fees. Verizon added it to my bill, but then because I get a corporate discount, the activation fees were credited back to me on the same bill.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you are upgrading, Verizon doesn't charge a fee to do that or an activation fee. Activation Fee is only on new lines you are starting. Verizon waives those Friday-Monday if you order online from their website.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I have seen them run promo's online for a weekend but its rare. Some corp discounts waive the fee too and you might also get a rep to waive a fee if you agree to purchase accessories since they will get commission for that but not the activation fee.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    If you are upgrading, Verizon doesn't charge a fee to do that or an activation fee. Activation Fee is only on new lines you are starting. Verizon waives those Friday-Monday if you order online from their website.
    Verizon used to charge a $20 upgrade fee on early upgrades. Since early upgrades are now a thing of the past, and with AT&T doubling their upgrade fee to $36, it is entirely possible that Verizon may follow suit and start charging upgrade fees.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since early upgrades are now a thing of the past,,,,,,,.
    Not true!!

I upgraded to the Droid X in Dec. 2010 and as of Dec. 2011 I was eligible to upgrade my phone with a new 2 year contract without a NE2 discount. If I wait until August, I will qualify for a $50 NE2 discount.

Only my primary line is currently eligible and not my secondary that was upgraded at the same time.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Not true!!

I upgraded to the Droid X in Dec. 2010 and as of Dec. 2011 I was eligible to upgrade my phone with a new 2 year contract without a NE2 discount. If I wait until August, I will qualify for a $50 NE2 discount.

Only my primary line is currently eligible and not my secondary that was upgraded at the same time.
    Verizon did away with the early upgrade in the beginning of 2011, so this is your last early upgrade. If you use it now, you won't get another one in 12 months. Verizon also got rid of the NE2 discount at the same time, so if you wait until you qualify for the NE2, then basically your early upgrade disappears (since it become a "regular" upgrade) and your NE2 will be the last one you get.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon used to charge a $20 upgrade fee on early upgrades. Since early upgrades are now a thing of the past, and with AT&T doubling their upgrade fee to $36, it is entirely possible that Verizon may follow suit and start charging upgrade fees.
    It's still possible to get an early upgrade. And I doubt Verizon will start charging to upgrade a phone with them.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    It's still possible to get an early upgrade. And I doubt Verizon will start charging to upgrade a phone with them.
    Like I said earlier, if you were on track to get an early upgrade (at 12 months) before the early upgrade program was done away with, you will still get your last early upgrade, but no more after that.

Unless you know something that I don't and Verizon is still automatically giving early upgrades at 12 months for certain customers who know the secret password or something.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unless you know something that I don't and Verizon is still automatically giving early upgrades at 12 months for certain customers who know the secret password or something.
    And I was going to show you the secret handshake. Not now!!

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You have to be a member of the Stonecutters.

Phones
    DROID
    V9m (retired)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit View Post
    You have to be a member of the Stonecutters.
    So YOU'RE the one who made Steve Guttenberg a star!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast