Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MVNO FreedomPop to Launch Free Mobile Broadband Service

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm using the Photon with my wifi iPad for waiting room web surfing and for meetings at places that don't have wifi.

So far, my usage has been less than 10 MB/day and the connection is blazing fast, compared to my 3G Android phone.

For $3/month for the FreedomPop Speed Plus 500 MB plan, it meets my light data needs and beats the $10 3G tethering service offered by my phone's wireless provider.

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Feedback Score
    I am not using the speed boost and my speed is very fast. You might want to turn it off for a month and see if you notice any difference.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I see the plan requires a purchase an iPhone case. Does that man it's only available for iPhones or is there something available for android? If so, how will they account for all the different phones. It seems every Android had it's own specific case cause every Android has it's buttons in different places

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just got my Freedompop USB stick. Does anyone know what WiMax realm to select when setting it up with a CradlePoint router?

Feedback Score
    Not it does not require a purchase. It all depend on your needs. Some get the usb stick, some the hotspot (like me) and some the ipod/iphone case, ....

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1 View Post
    I just got my Freedompop USB stick. Does anyone know what WiMax realm to select when setting it up with a CradlePoint router?
    I just heard from CradlePoint that the device is not currently supported. If anyone knows when/if they are going to support it, please let us know.
    Last edited by marc1; 11-12-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I just heard from CradlePoint that the device is not currently supported. If anyone knows when/if they are going to support it, please let us know.
    I saw that about my netzero stick also but I got it working with the right settings...

The trick is being able to read the hotspot log and pick out the parameters it uses to connect.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Device(s)
    HTC One (M7) & Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    FreedomPop tried the "Free Upgrade To the 2GB Plan" recently with me. While it initially sounded good, it was only for 30 days and then it would move anyone that took the offer to the $17.99 a month plan.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theEMP View Post
    FreedomPop tried the "Free Upgrade To the 2GB Plan" recently with me. While it initially sounded good, it was only for 30 days and then it would move anyone that took the offer to the $17.99 a month plan.
    They look to be reasonably priced, if I was using an iPod that case/MiFi device would interest me(3G/LTE/WiMAX).

Device(s)
    HTC One (M7) & Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It wasn't clear that if you moved to the 2GB plan for the 30 days, if you could roll back to the free plan. I've read the NetZero Wimax once you move to a paid plan you cannot go back to the free plan.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theEMP View Post
    It wasn't clear that if you moved to the 2GB plan for the 30 days, if you could roll back to the free plan. I've read the NetZero Wimax once you move to a paid plan you cannot go back to the free plan.
    I use the 1gig plan the first month I had my freedompop. It let me change back to the free plan. I did it on the last day of my cycle.

Feedback Score
    I think I have a similar question: I plugged a FreedomPop modem stick into a Tenda Portable Wireless Router. As a part of the configuration process, I am asked for the Dial number, username, password, and some others. Has anyone figured out this stuff?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000 Pro, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlg View Post
    I just wish their pay data rates were better. For large amounts of data, I'd be better off getting the Virgin Mobile 3G/4G hotspot and pay $35/month for unlimited 4G and 2GB 3G. The FreedomPOP hotspot works great in my area and I like the small size.

I just wonder how they will make money. I can see tons of people signing up for the free data and very few of them paying anything each month. It's even worse with NetZero. They offer less free data and higher data rates. I can't see them lasting. I do have one of their hotspots also, because I wasn't sure FreedomPOP would ever get off the ground.

Of course FreedomPop lets you earn free data by watching videos, buying stuff, etc., similar to how Virgin Mobile used to let you earn free minutes. Maybe this will be enough cash coming in for them to stay in business. I hope so.
    NetZero is very much aware of the FreedomPOP competition. Got an online survey from NetZero the same week that FreedomPOP started up. Don't think that's a coincidence. Said they really need to make the 200 mb free plan larger and permanent similar to FreedomPOP and also make it more than just the Clear network (FreedomPOP will next year be offering tri-mode modems). Because NetZero owns other businesses (Juno and NetZero dial-up ISP, FTD floral wire, MyPoints loyalty service, etc.) I don't think it will be a big loss for them if they decide to withdraw their 4G Clear service sometime in the future.

Decided to wait out FreedomPOP for now. Clear's current footprint is just too limited for me; the NetZero/Clear modem lets me get on the network for free if I need to. Am using primarily an AT&T LTE postpaid USB modem plugged into my Mac or a Cradlepoint PHS-300 router. Backups are a Sprint/Novatel 2200 mifi modem flashed to Boost and the Netzero/Clear USB modem...plus the odd wifi hotspots I run across in my travels.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000 Pro, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austex View Post
    I think I have a similar question: I plugged a FreedomPop modem stick into a Tenda Portable Wireless Router. As a part of the configuration process, I am asked for the Dial number, username, password, and some others. Has anyone figured out this stuff?
    Had a similar issue with a NetZero/Clear modem....it works in my Mac but not my CradlePoint router(not a big deal since I have other cellular modems). Fiddling with settings did not get it to work and someone posted in another thread that was because of some special firmware and security setup that NetZero uses. Hopefully not the case with FreedomPOP. Maybe try calling or emailing FreedomPOP or posting to their Facebook page and see if they can give the settings? As an alternative, maybe someone could post their FreedomPOP Photon mifi device settings and those could be used for people trying to use a FreedomPOP USB device on a router.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

MVNO FreedomPop to Launch Free Mobile Broadband Service

I obtained the "free" bolt with the holiday sale which also included the first month 2GB plan free. Total cost was 15.99 which was for an overinflated shipping cost with the bolt being free. My experience wasn't the most pleasant since I ordered on the 22nd, shipped on the 27th, and did not arrive until the 2nd of January. While I do understand the holidays could be part to blame the bolt was activated the day I placed the order depleting the free plan days before I had possession of it. By the time of arrival my free first month turned out to be 19 days. An attempt to contact freedom pop was made to be compensated but being the weekend I may not get a responce til tomorrow if any.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast