Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Tracfone LG 235c

Feedback Score

New Tracfone LG 235c

There is a tutorial for a new cdma Tracfone -- the LG 235c.

This phone isn't showing anywhere else -- not the Activate Phones page, and it is not listed for sale anywhere.

When you look at the specs, you wonder why Tracfone bothered issuing it. It seems just like the LG 231c except that maybe it has bluetooth file transfer. But still no microSD card, etc. We'll just have to stay tuned.

Here is the link to the tutorial. The page also contains a link to the User Manual at the bottom of the column on the left. It is a real manual, not just a 2-page Getting Started Guide.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...e=en_US&search

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Almost looks like the 420G. Keypad almost looks the same as well.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    Almost looks like the 420G. Keypad almost looks the same as well.
    Well since you mentioned it, there is now an LG 430g on Tracfones's 'Activate Phones' page. Talk about a lookalike!

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking at the 430G manual right now.

One of the icons listed is 1X which is not normally seen on a GSM phone, only CDMA models have that...yet it takes a SIM card.

Anyway, the specs indicate it is a GSM phone, 850/1900.

The LG GS170 (T-Mobile) is essentially the same phone as Trac's 420G except the case has a rubber feel to it and the data is GPRS, no EDGE. It also has some preloaded Bookmarks for the web browser - which cannot be deleted.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...=en_US&search=

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is new or not, but I just noticed that the LG 235C is now available for sale from Trac's website in zip code 78749. $19.99 with DMFL and free accessory kit.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Must have been put up late this afternoon as it wasn't listed for sale around 11AM.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Speaking of the LG 430 manual, the tutorial does not mention a microSD memory card, but the manual does.

Page 28:

You can use the memory manager to determine how each memory is used and see how much space is
    available: common, reserved, SIM and also set the primary storage when the memory cardis inserted.

The manual also has the URL for doing a software update from the LG website.

Feedback Score
    The LG 235C looks like it has a camera but no MMS. Who makes these brilliant decisions? They should encourage data use, not prevent it. Unless Verizon doesn't want us using too much of their system.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Even though MMS messaging isn't specifically mentioned in the details, it is listed in the tutorial and user guide and the phone does have mobile web access, so MMS is likely supported. Otherwise, a camera would be useless on the phone.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    This phone shows up as available from my zip despite being a prominent GSM area. I appreciate that though since I don't have to go through great lengths of using an incorrect zip code to obtain a CDMA phone.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if the 235c has the same firmware as the 231c? Specifically, on my 231c you have to go into the menus to place an exclamation point or question mark. Every other phone I have owned you can cycle thru the punctuation by hitting the "1" key or the "next" key. This is very annoying. Just wanted to know if any other Trac models are as screwed up as mine.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the 235c has the same firmware as the 231c? Specifically, on my 231c you have to go into the menus to place an exclamation point or question mark. Every other phone I have owned you can cycle thru the punctuation by hitting the "1" key or the "next" key. This is very annoying. Just wanted to know if any other Trac models are as screwed up as mine.
    I can confirm that with the 235C pressing the 1 button six times displays a "?" while pressing it twelve times displays a "!" while in abc mode. In T9 pressing 1 repeatedly would type an emoticon.
    Last edited by randamin; 05-18-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I assume you meant "235c" but thx! It is the same as the 231c then. I hate having to switch btw t9 and abc mode or using the symbols menu. Its like they used the 501c firmware which has a full keyboard at your disposable.

Phones
    LG 200
    LG200
    Carrier
    Trac (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    This phone shows up as available from my zip despite being a prominent GSM area. I appreciate that though since I don't have to go through great lengths of using an incorrect zip code to obtain a CDMA phone.
    I have ordered a 235C which is NOT listed in my area. What must I do to get it activated? give an incorrect zip code?

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Has the phone arrived yet? If it has then first try activating as normal with your native zip then see if there are any problems. Actvation can be done online just have your activation card ready. In some cases tracfone may not have any phone numbers to assign for your area forcing you to obtain an out of area number. Porting may also be an option and is recommended in some cases such as when the number tracfone assigns gets many spam calls per day which was the case for me so I ended up porting in an expired t-mobile prepaid line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast