Thread: New Tracfone LG 235c

Phones
    LG 200
    LG200
    Carrier
    Trac (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsuffy View Post
    I have ordered a 235C which is NOT listed in my area. What must I do to get it activated? give an incorrect zip code?
    Update. I received the LG 235C. There was no problem cloning the previous phone and transferring minutes, EXCEPT, the Cust Ser person said it should be effective in a few minutes, but it could take up to two days. After waiting two days with no service, I called back. No fuss, but it took two separate CS persons, one for the activation and another to transfer the minutes. Otherwise, the phone meets all my expectations, it taps Verizon towers when in an otherwise dead area. I did not have to give a "fake" zip code number.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsuffy View Post
    Update. I received the LG 235C. There was no problem cloning the previous phone and transferring minutes, EXCEPT, the Cust Ser person said it should be effective in a few minutes, but it could take up to two days. After waiting two days with no service, I called back. No fuss, but it took two separate CS persons, one for the activation and another to transfer the minutes. Otherwise, the phone meets all my expectations, it taps Verizon towers when in an otherwise dead area. I did not have to give a "fake" zip code number.
    To initially program the phone (all CDMA's that will activate on Verizon), you have to call *22890 first (on TracFone, no airtime minutes are charged - it's a free call) and it will program automatically. When it's finished, the phone will reset and you should be good to go.

Feedback Score

Per-minute charges in different areas?

Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this question and I will ask in a new thread. I do not know if this is a question related to Tracfone in general or if it applies only to this particular phone, but ...

I know a woman who claims she is being charged different per-minute rates when she talks on her LG 235c Tracfone in different locations across the U.S. This does not seem right to me. I thought that no matter what model Tracfone you use, whether CDMA or GSM, you are always charged the same per-minute rate for talk in all U.S. locations, even in so-called 'roaming' areas.

Was I wrong about this? Does Tracfone charge higher rates for talking on the phone outside your local calling area?

The reason I ask is because I am thinking about getting a new LG 235c but I may choose another phone (or another carrier) if Tracfone will charge me higher rates when 'roaming'. I use my phone only for talking and the very rare text, never for data, and this phone seems to have great ratings. Plus it activates on the Verizon network which (if what I hear is correct) may offer the broadest coverage across the U.S.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me?

Feedback Score
    The only Tracfones that charge extra for roaming are the old models, way before the LG235C. All of the newer models charge the same for local and roaming. The screen will say Roaming if the phone is roaming, but the talk charge will still be 1 unit/min. Your friend is either mistaken or the phone has a problem or something else is going on.

The rates are shown under Parameter 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The rates are shown under Parameter 4.
    Hi owkaye. Here's how you get to parameter 04:

Menu > Prepaid > Code Entry Mode > *#04 OK

The values should read:

H-L: 1.00 ( Home)
    RM-L: 1.00 (Roam)

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been entertaining the idea of purchasing one or two of these. But I found a few reviews online where everyone complained that it shipped with the wrong battery cover (for a UN150). Although it matched up, it would not lock on to the phone.

Has anyone here encountered this and were you able to fix it?
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    I've been entertaining the idea of purchasing one or two of these. But I found a few reviews online where everyone complained that it shipped with the wrong battery cover (for a UN150). Although it matched up, it would not lock on to the phone.
    Has anyone here encountered this and were you able to fix it?
    Island_Boy just recently purchased one and didn't report any problems with the battery cover in his post.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Island_Boy just recently purchased one and didn't report any problems with the battery cover in his post.
    I just posted a quick review. No problems with my battery cover and I got mine from Amazon where I too read people were having trouble with that.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phone
    iPhone 6, Nexus 5
    Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ordered two late last year and no issues with the battery cover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2