Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone sucessfully changed apn on Samsung Rugby for Straight talk

Feedback Score

Has anyone sucessfully changed apn on Samsung Rugby for Straight talk

I am not very tech savy. I need help setting my data settings on my Rugby so I can use the browser. I can talk and text just can't use the browser. If anyone has any information I would appreciate some help.

Feedback Score

rugby att to straightalk

Voice and messaging works fine.. how ever internet doesn't need to change apn setting any ideas.. where do i find the pin passwords?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    1. From the home screen, press the MENU button (it's the first button on the left in the row of physical buttons below the screen) and then select Settings.
    2. Select Wireless and Networks, then select Mobile Networks followed by Access Point Names.
    3. Press the MENU button and select New APN.
    4. Fill out the following fields as indicated here. Leave all other fields untouched, whether they are blank or have some other value already entered.

Name = Straight Talk
    APN = att.mvno
    Proxy = proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port = 80
    MMSC = http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy = 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port = 80
    APN Type = Internet+MMS+SUPL

5. Press the MENU button again and select Save.

You should now see the Straight Talk APN in the list together with the factory-installed AT&T APN's. Touch the circle to the right of the Straight Talk APN so it has the dot indicating it is the chosen one. Now try to use the browser and other data apps.

Feedback Score
    I have a rugbyll and the apn settings, are in the browser profiles?.. as i understand... I can add straight talk profile but can't delete the att settings nor am I able to activate straight talk until the att is disabled. do I have to flash the phone????

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Oh sorry! The steps I posted work for the Rugby Smart only, not the original Rugby or the Rugby II.

Feedback Score
    no problem here.. would you have any idea how to delete the att settings and use straightalk?

Feedback Score
    I would like to get this phone to work so I can send and receive multimedia texts... I would hate to go back to a contract phone... so celugreek have any ideas.... ? thanks

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Some phones store MMS settings in a separate location from the Internet settings. When you open Messages, is there any "Options" item you can look into? Perhaps the MMS profiles are there, separate from the WAP/Internet profiles.

Feedback Score
    options yes but only to select,view,new,restore. but not to delete.. however restore needs a password to restore. but the values entered ito the mms are locked can't change them?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocontractdave View Post
    options yes but only to select,view,new,restore. but not to delete.. however restore needs a password to restore. but the values entered ito the mms are locked can't change them?
    Why change them? Try entering Straight Talk's settings as a NEW profile and see if you can select that profile to be the active one. Most if not all, AT&T-branded phones will not allow to delete their factory-preloaded profiles, but in many phones you can create a new profile for Straight Talk and use that one instead of the preloaded ones.

Feedback Score
    good thought. after entering all values.. it will not all the new settings to activate. If trying to restore to active it erases it haaa. of course straight talk is no help... well what ever then thanks

Feedback Score
    Also at simple mobile says to says to contact dealer and get on air programing message ??OTA? before installing the new apn. Know what that means?http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Suppor...ogramming.aspx

Feedback Score
    I got mms to work and some data such as it will show the mobile video home page but no video. Browser is dead. I think I may try side loading a different browser when I get home using pc studio.
    Do this for mms to work
    Menu
    Settings
    3 mms profiles
    Options new
    Set name (what ever)
    Access name ATT.mvno
    Auth type secure
    User ID blank
    Password blank
    Protocol HTTP
    Home url http://MMSC.cingular.com
    Proxy address 66.209.11.33:80
    Linger time 300

If you ever get the browser working please let me know. I can send and revive pictures but no app store or browser .

Feedback Score
    I still can not get the browser to work nor the messaging with picture of video. Straight text works but thats all. The Phone defaults back to the preloaded network so How do i delete that?

Feedback Score
    thanks yamaford the MMS does work>>> I can send and receive pictures....But the browser doesn't work yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast