Thread: Can send but can't receive text messages?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Can send but can't receive text messages?

I don't text very much at all so I didn't notice this problem till recently, but for whatever reason I can't receive text messages on my phone. Sometimes I can send them (I was able to send one to a friend's phone just a minute ago), but not always.

Texting used to work just fine on my phone, both sending and receiving, and to and from both phone numbers and email addresses.

I do get alerts from time to time from VM (low balance and stuff), but other than that I haven't received a text message since around spring of last year I think.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I did switch my plan from BT to payLo last summer, and at the end of the summer I switched it back to BT, which might have had something to do with it, as the last texts I received were right before then.

EDIT: I have the Samsung Intercept in case it makes any difference (and I'm sorry if this should have been posted in the Android section; I wasn't sure if this was a phone problem or service problem).
    My toys:
    -Samsung Intercept with 8GB Micro SD card, loaded up with tons of GBA games (Fire Emblem FTW!).
    -Motorola RAZR V3m (Dark Pearl Gray) flashed to ViVo with COOL custom skins and all.
    -Motorola E815 flashed to Bell and loaded with 100s of Java games!

Phone
    LG Optimus Elite
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem a week or two ago, where my incoming messages stopped working all of a sudden (took me a couple days to realize it). A call to CS took care of the issue.