Thread: Unable to connect Tracfone LG 800 to pc to download music to phone

Feedback Score

Unable to connect Tracfone LG 800 to pc to download music to phone

I have been trying to connect to my pc to download music using the tutorial. I get the phone connected via UBS and press the "yes" button when the screen asks if I would like to connect. However, I never get the "connected" screenon the phone and my pc does not recognize that it is connected. The pc makes a ding type noise, but no pop up etc. come up to tell me what the problem is. At one point a wizard came up to install software, but I got a warning from Microsoft that it could cause a problem immediately or in the future if I chose to continue. didn't know what I was doing so I opted out. Is this a computer problem or a problem with the phone. Anybody???

Feedback Score
    Connect the phone to the computer. Then do a windows update. Hopefully, the updater will see that there is some hardware that needs some software. I had to do this with my bluetooth adapter, for example.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bestof6 View Post
    I have been trying to connect to my pc to download music using the tutorial. I get the phone connected via UBS and press the "yes" button when the screen asks if I would like to connect. However, I never get the "connected" screenon the phone and my pc does not recognize that it is connected. The pc makes a ding type noise, but no pop up etc. come up to tell me what the problem is. At one point a wizard came up to install software, but I got a warning from Microsoft that it could cause a problem immediately or in the future if I chose to continue. didn't know what I was doing so I opted out. Is this a computer problem or a problem with the phone. Anybody???
    I just did it successfully. I connected, the phone was recognized and I transferred a photo from the the phone to the pc and another from the pc to the phone. No new drivers or software required. My pc has Win7.

1 - Do you have a microSD card installed? When connected by USB cable, the pc only communicates with the phone's microSD card. It does not see the phone's internal memory.

2 - What OS is on your pc? Win7? WinXP?

3 - You're sure you are using a data/charging cable and not just a charging cable. They look alike.