Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: People with HSPA+ 21 Devices what are your data speeds?

Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    TC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I average 8000-9000 down and around 1000 up here in the Ukiah and Redwood Valley areas of Northwestern California. We have the Enhanced Backhaul, but I don't have any technical details beyond that.
    Is that fiber or microwave backhaul?

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/LG G3/LG G Pad 7.0LTE/Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    Is that fiber or microwave backhaul?
    They use both up here, but Microwave does a lot of the hard work in our area due to being so rural, rugged and in many areas heavily forested (including Redwoods that can reach 380 feet). What they often do is locate a site where it can get as much fiber or copper bandwidth as possible, and then link several outlying sites to it via microwave. I know that in deploying LTE in areas like this the carriers will use a hybrid system, where they tap into fiber links 50, 60 and even 100 miles away, then backhaul the bandwidth via microwave, which can more than handle the speeds.

Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    TC
    Feedback Score
    We have a microwave relay of 5 towers that connects to the fiber in the city, my town is the 4th tower from the city backhauled microwave. I just hope LTE speeds will be good when it comes. Is this common?

Isn't microwave a 1Gbit connection? Alcatel Lucent installed our equipment. Doesn't seem like a lot of bandwidth when 5 towers are sharing 1Gbit.

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://fibertothewhatever.com/wp/new...rizon-wireless That's what Verizon is using to deploy LTE in rural areas. Where you located? I'm in Redwood Valley, it's 120 miles northwest of San Francisco, halfway between Ukiah and Willits in Mendocino County. Microwave can handle a lot bandwidth, so that's not an issue.

"Level 3 Communications (Nasdaq: LVLT) may not be a wireless operator, but its win to provide Verizon Wireless (NYSE: VZ) with wireless backhaul services for its ongoing 4G LTE wireless network push shows that it's very much part of the wireless industry.Under the terms of the agreement, Level 3 will provide wholesale backbone infrastructure and cell-site backhaul solutions to support Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE rollout in rural parts of New England and in West.
    Leveraging its Tower Access solution, which combines fiber and microwave-based connectivity, Level 3 will provide Verizon backhaul service to existing cell towers with a mix of new on-site tower construction and colocation at Level 3 sites.
    While Level 3's first line of attack is to use fiber, in some cases they just can't cost justify making that investment in Verizon Wireless' rural areas, for example, they'll use microwave solutions from various partners.
    Already present in the vast majority of the U.S.-based wireless MSCs, Amanda Tierney, VP Wholesale Market Management, Level 3, said in a recent interview withFierceTelecom "where it makes sense to build out fiber we will and where it makes sense to bring another solution to bear we'll do that."
    Tierney added that "microwave has been a great way to solve the problems" they face in reaching cell towers in hard to reach areas.

With the Tower Access product, Level 3 will break out an ILA node, or the regeneration sites that reside every 50-60 miles on its fiber network, and leverage microwave to serve cell towers at any point on its network.

"If one of our customers has a number of towers in a particular area and they are having a difficult time finding a way to reach those towers, we can splice open a node in our network and aggregate those towers with a microwave solution," Tierney s"aid.

Where I live- http://www.visitmendocino.com

Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    TC
    Feedback Score
    I'm located in Cass City, it's 45 miles east of Saginaw in mid Michigan. And we don't have Verizon in the tri counties ("thumb") of Michigan where I live. We have a very small regional carrier that only has towers in this tri county area, Thumb Cellular. Thumb Cell is running fiber to all of its towers right now and they should be done by the end of 2013 (they signed the rural deal with Verizon for LTE).

I'm talking AT&T LTE. they just upgraded us to HSPA+ this past fall in my county. They had to put up all new panels and all new fiber up the tower to the panels and microwave relay for backhaul.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We have Verizon, U.S. Cellular, AT&T, T-Mobile and Metro PCS (Metro PCS only has service in Ukiah though, everything else is roaming with them). AT&T, VZ and USCC all plan to roll out LTE here eventually, but will be using the hybrid solution for the most part here, I can see them going with all fiber there as you guys don't have the mountains, canyons and valley issues we do where fiber is either impossible or impractical to run to every site. Then the Redwoods can present a very tough issue to deal with as well, being so tall (up to 400 feet in height!).

Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    TC
    Feedback Score
    I'm just curious if the microwave AT&T used will be good enough backhaul for LTE and what the max speeds are for microwave since I know AT&T won't run fiber all the way out here. I can max out my iPhone 4 at 6.20 Mbps and get a ping of 100 ms even after the microwave is repeated 3 times before my tower.

But you're saying the microwave link system we have here should be good for LTE when they do finally deploy it? Saginaw has U-verse so I know there's tons of bandwidth there about 45 miles away.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    This was my lowest ping and fastest upload.

This was my fastest download.

Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have yet to see AT&T speedtest over 15mbps over HSPA+
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    AT&T HSPA+_____________________________________________ ____________AT&T LTE

Feedback Score
    Name:  SC20120225-154648.png
Views: 1121
Size:  65.5 KBin my galaxy s 2 sgh i777

Feedback Score
    I got 16mbit/s

Phones
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Nokia N79, e71, e62, 6555, 6126, 6030, 2610
    Moto V3XX, c168, V710
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Ex-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    nice!

yep
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE Fever View Post
    I got 16mbit/s

Oh wow nice!!! It's safe to say that 64QAM is on in Atlanta market!

Feedback Score
    Oh wow nice!!! It's safe to say that 64QAM is on in Atlanta market!
    That was shockingly in rural Birmingham RSA

I never could hit that in midtown Atlanta unless I was on LTE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2