Thread: Account/Phone Number Expiration

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Account/Phone Number Expiration

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere along the threads (I searched and found no set answer).

I don't have Straight Talk service, but I have been on Virgin Mobile and I'm planning on switching over to Straight Talk as soon as possible. That being said, with Virgin Mobile..your phone number/account remains active for 60-90 days (in case you have a lapse in payment). How does this work with Straight Talk? You pay your bill in 30 days and if you don't, your phone number is immediately lost? Or do they allow the account/phone number to remain active for a time period like VM?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I know you won't lose your number for at least 30 days, maybe even longer.

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Awesome, that was one of the things that was kind of pressing me to hold back from activating with them. I didn't want to not pay on Day 31 and my phone number that I've had since 2003 be gone haha.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid86 View Post
    Awesome, that was one of the things that was kind of pressing me to hold back from activating with them. I didn't want to not pay on Day 31 and my phone number that I've had since 2003 be gone haha.
    It`s a 30 day plan, not 31 days or monthly. You should read the T&C for the exact wording (although they are lenient)

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've read the TOS and understand that the service itself is active for 30 straight days from the time you purchase it. Buuuuut, I was trying to ensure that the phone wouldn't just up and disappear the day after the 30th day.

Feedback Score
    I was looking into the same thing and this is what I've got in my notes - I think it came off of their FAQs:
    "If my account is deactivated because I didn’t Refill before my Service End date, do I need to acquire a new SIM card to reactivate my account? No, as long as the account is Reactivated within 145 days a new SIM card is not needed."
    So, I think it's 30+ days to deactivation, then another 145 days to cancellation of the sim. I have an account with America Movil (TelCel) in Mexico and that's about the time they give us there as well. I can ignore my Telcel account for nearly six months and still not lose the number.

When you think about it, it's to their advantage to make us think it's going to expire so we put money in even when not using. Failing that, it's then to their advantage to actually NOT close the account so that we won't be tempted to change providers. Nor is it to their advantage to have to reprocess the lowest paying clients frequently. They are probably trying to play it both ways.