Thread: Lg800g tracfone & ford's sync system

Feedback Score

Question Lg800g tracfone & ford's sync system

Does anyone know if the LG800G Tracfone will work with the Ford sync system? I currently have a Motorola flip phone with tracfone. It is synced to my Ford Escape but does not recognize my phone book. I have to tell it the phone number I want to call. I was hoping the LG800G would function fully with the sync system.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Can't tell you for sure whether it will work the way you want or not. I can tell you my LG800G transfers the the phonebook/contact information to my BlueAnt T-1 headset and BlueAnt S-4 auto BT system. When I get a call both announce who is calling from my phonebook information that was transferred to them but I still have to manually dial the phone to make a call because the LG800G doesn't have voice commands and the BlueAnt devices depend on 'the phone' having voice commands to actually dial the calls. Hope that information helps a little.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for you help. It sounds like it might work. I guess I'm not out much money if it doesn't...just the incovenience of switching phones.

Feedback Score
    I have the LG 800G - it does work with Ford Sync...

Phone book uploads to Sync - does not upload contact photos from phone. It also does not appear to sync alternate numbers (multiple phone numbers for a contact).

If you have an SD card with mp3's in the phone, Sync will see it as a Bluetooth mp3 player and play songs, but will not allow you to view/search the track information.

If you use a USB cable and connect the phone to Sync via the cable, Sync will see and index all of the songs it sees on the SD card.

I have not tried text messaging via the car yet.

Feedback Score
    Well now that I have installed MyFord Touch SYNC firmware update 3.5.1 (in place of 3.2.2) in my 21013 Escape my LG800G Phone's Contact pictures will not install into MyFord Touch SYNC.

The Manage Phone Book menu item 'Add Contacts' no longer works, although 'Re-Install Contacts' does, but this does not include the pictures from the phones Contact's.

Ford Technical Support says: Maybe it will be fixed in the next release, but we don't test with Tracfones, so who knows!

Feedback Score

Cell Phone with MyFord Touch SYNC vrsion 3.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ted56241 View Post
    Well now that I have installed MyFord Touch SYNC firmware update 3.5.1 (in place of 3.2.2) in my 21013 Escape my LG800G Phone's Contact pictures will not install into MyFord Touch SYNC.

The Manage Phone Book menu item 'Add Contacts' no longer works, although 'Re-Install Contacts' does, but this does not include the pictures from the phones Contact's.

Ford Technical Support says: Maybe it will be fixed in the next release, but we don't test with Tracfones, so who knows!
    * Has anyone got a cell phone (any cell phone) to load their Contact Pictures on to the MyFord Touch system with version 3.5.1 firmware?

This feature provides a picture of the person on the MyFord Touch display when they call you, or you call them. That is as long as you have their picture in your phone's contacts.

Please advise, Thank you