Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Brings HTC One S to the U.S.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    You are right. IPhone sold millions without having a removable battery or sd card slot. Htc is moving in that direction. Wouldn't be surprised if Samsung and Motorola does the same. I guess companies have more lead way with design when they don't have to factor in the phone has to opened by the customer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using HowardForums
    Motorola already has. I don't like this trend. People say "without Apple,we would be where we are today with phone tech", they are right... We would be much further along without them!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HowardForums
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    Motorola already has. I don't like this trend. People say "without Apple,we wouldn't be where we are today with phone tech", they are right, we would be much further along without them!

Well, I think they have done a lot to help it along, though I am still an Android guy. Windows Phone is looking promising too, I hope it does well.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I prefer a large battery to removable. I don't want to carry multiple batteries. Either large non-removable (RAZR MAXX for instance) or a optional removable option is a must.

I use a 3500mah battery on my MT4G, gets me 50hrs of moderate use.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score

Optimum/Cablevision

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkaosu View Post
    I prefer a large battery to removable. I don't want to carry multiple batteries. Either large non-removable (RAZR MAXX for instance) or a optional removable option is a must.

I use a 3500mah battery on my MT4G, gets me 50hrs of moderate use.
    Not me, I like being able to carry a spare and then just pop another one in.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I just want to be able to go down the street to the t-mobile store or other major electronics dealer and get a new battery RIGHT THEN when and if it dies and not have to mail it in and wait days.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do people really buy extra batteries? I usually upgrade phones every 2 years so it might not matter. A micro sd slot and bigger battery would have been nice though.

Sent from my MB525 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    Do people really buy extra batteries? I usually upgrade phones every 2 years so it might not matter. A micro sd slot and bigger battery would have been nice though.

I don't have any use for spare batteries.. BUT if the battery dies, i don't want to be without a phone until i get it sent in and replaced. It's truly much easier just to drive down to the mall or tmo store and picking one up on the spot.. Time lost? 20 minute drive to the mall..

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post

Yes, you can get a battery for $15 and then keep it charged. Lion stays full forever when not used. Yesterday I knew I'd be somewhere that I wouldn't have a place to charge my phone,yet knew I would use it for hours straight, and I hadn't had a chance to charge it fully, so I took my spare battery with me, and I did use it at the very end

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Motorola already has. I don't like this trend. People say "without Apple,we would be where we are today with phone tech", they are right... We would be much further along without them!

I dunno? I believe carriers like Verizon had a heavy hand in pushing Android to where it is today. On the same token if it weren't for the iPhone I can see carriers like Verizon still producing crippled devices with certain bluetooth profiles blocked, WiFi disabled all the while promoting a wall-gardened mobile internet experience.

The iPhone 4s may not be the most technologically advanced handset on the market today but the brand turned our industry upside down since June 2007 and we haven't looked back.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any idea on the no contract price? I'm assuming 599 (maybe 529 if I'm really lucky).

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has been steadily increasing the price of the higher end smartphones. My guess is $629 off contract.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    T-Mobile has been steadily increasing the price of the higher end smartphones. My guess is $629 off contract.
    That's unfortunate. With a high price tag like that, it makes me wonder if my value plan is truly still worth it...

629 * 6% sales tax in my state = 666.74 / 24 months = an average cost of 27.78 a month for the phone, if I keep it for 24 months.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can get a battery for $15 and then keep it charged. Lion stays full forever when not used. Yesterday I knew I'd be somewhere that I wouldn't have a place to charge my phone,yet knew I would use it for hours straight, and I hadn't had a chance to charge it fully, so I took my spare battery with me, and I did use it at the very end

yeah i guess it is nice to have the ability to buy a spare if the battery dies. However, I've only had 1 battery die before out of all my phones...and that one got replaced by a warranty.

If the One S price is too high I think the Amaze or the Sensation will probably work...although there are some terrible reviews of those phones on tmobile.com. I don't know if those people are overexaggerating though on how bad the phones are.

Feedback Score
    I'm really not fond of the size and plastic body of the One XL and am considering getting this phone for service on AT&T.

Anyone have a reasonable idea of whether it will work on AT&T's 3G HSDPA+ at all?

sassafras

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast