Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4S on PagePlus

Feedback Score

4S on PagePlus

Hey everyone - long time lurker, first time poster,

I've been more than a little bit fed up with Verizon Wireless lately, so I switched over to PagePlus. I was able to enter the MEIDs of my 4S's on their site and they activated after about an hour on a port-in. My fiancee and I am are on the 55 plan each, so our monthly charge is down from ~$170 to $110 for a better value (we each used about 300MB of data last month).

I thought I'd post since I see a lot of people are confused over their iPhone policy. So, good luck!

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I believe that Page Plus is fine with iPhones or any phone for that matter. It is most likely Verizon that doesn't want PP to activate iPhones. Since it is 'officially' against the rules for Page Plus dealers to activate iPhones, it is best, IMHO, not to talk too much about it. Getting Verizon cranked up about PP having too many iPhones activated on PP is probably a good way to get them banned. Sort of a don't ask don't tell policy would seem to be what we are dealing with here, and if you are going to activate an iPhone, do it on an anonmyous online form that won't get a dealer in trouble. Just my $.02 worth.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think it is well worth putting a currently-owned iPhone on PPC. I think it is taking a risk to buy an iPhone for $300+ just to put it on PPC.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    also, there has been talk about pretty high data use by the 4S on any carrier because of Siri constantly "pinging" or calling home to the servers. Keep that in mind and monitor your usage.

Feedback Score
    There's a "Cellular Data" toggle in Network settings. As far as I know, this doesn't even activate data channels over the network, so there's absolutely zero usage going through. Regardless, I'm on the 55 with 1GB of data, and my usage has been sub-500 for the past few months.

I didn't know iPhones were don't ask don't tell, so my bad. :P I'm kind of worried about how I'll get my hands on an iPhone 5, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when it comes around.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I think it is well worth putting a currently-owned iPhone on PPC. I think it is taking a risk to buy an iPhone for $300+ just to put it on PPC.
    My thoughts exactly.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashrocket View Post
    There's a "Cellular Data" toggle in Network settings. As far as I know, this doesn't even activate data channels over the network, so there's absolutely zero usage going through. Regardless, I'm on the 55 with 1GB of data, and my usage has been sub-500 for the past few months.

I didn't know iPhones were don't ask don't tell, so my bad. :P I'm kind of worried about how I'll get my hands on an iPhone 5, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when it comes around.
    If the iPhone 5 is equipped with LTE then you don't have to worry about putting it on PPC since it would be hard if not impossible especially if CDMA Workshop doesn't work on it.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

I've been more than a little bit fed up with Verizon Wireless lately, so I switched over to PagePlus. I was able to enter the MEIDs of my 4S's on their site and they activated after about an hour on a port-in. My fiancee and I am are on the 55 plan each, so our monthly charge is down from ~$170 to $110 for a better value (we each used about 300MB of data last month).

I thought I'd post since I see a lot of people are confused over their iPhone policy. So, good luck!
    Does sending MMS work? I have read multiple postings stating that it does not work.

Feedback Score
    MMS definitely works.

But, you need to have the "Cellular Data" option set to "On"

Settings > General > Network

Feedback Score
    Unlock iphone 4s or Verizon iphone 4s?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hosion View Post
    There is a question mark in what you wrote, so I guess you must be asking a question, but I can't figure out what.

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hosion View Post
    It would have to be the Verizon model.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score

I bought a 4S off craigslist two months ago, the CSRs on the phone refused to activate it, but the online tool too the MEID and ported her number within 5 minutes. After you're done, you just need to activate (*22899) it, and you're done.

Note, you won't be able to have them fully unlock it, I've tried to call VZ Global Support several times, and they can't find the MEID or MDN in their system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by radioactive View Post
    After you're done, you just need to activate (*22899) it, and you're done.
    *22899 wouldn't work for me.

I had to dial *22890 to activate after the port.

Feedback Score
    I recently joined pageplus about 3 weeks ago using a Verizon Iphone4. I had no problems with the activation at all. Unfortunately, I had to restore the phone and lost service. Just ten minutes ago I called to get the phone reactivated and the representative on the phone warned me about activating iphones. He said he knew it was an iphone and there was a possibility of losing my number. They said a text message would be sent if this were to happen. I was quite surprised, hope this isn't the case. I've been VERY happy with the service so far, big savings over Verizon as well.

Btw, I'm having trouble getting imessage to work. It won't activate and through various forums this seems to be a common problem. That's actually why I did the reset, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast