Frankly at this time I'm a little worried about the pageplus rep telling me that iphones aren't supported.
I actually had a problem activating one iPhone for another person where the CSR did the esn change, and then went to give me programming instructions (which I quickly told her weren't needed) and she said "Um, my screen is showing this is an iPhone. These are not allowed on the network and I have to remove it." and wouldn't give me an option to keep it. She just did an ESN change back to the original phone but still was a pain.
I was actually looking to get an iphone 4s in the next month or two. I'm guessing the new iphone will be 4g, so that might be difficult to have on the pageplus plans. Figured the 4s would drop in price as well.
I am currently on T-Mobile and I am planning to buy Verizon 4S from Apple store with full price and activate/port via PP online activation. I am concerned if I can activate the 4S on PP without activating in Verizon first? Is it possible to do that or I have to activate 4S on Verizon first?
The reports I have seen (purely anecodtal--I have no experience here) suggest the 4S must have been activated on Verizon before you can activate it on Page Plus. No idea, and I'm not about to waste a few hundred dollars to find out.
The second one went smooth, but I had to dial *22890 (instead of *22899 like I did for the first one). I didn't find that out until I called customer service again.
Here are some instructions that I gave to a friend that worked well for him:
1. Set-up account on website
2. Port your current number to Page Plus
***The iPhone's ESN is labeled "IMEI/MEID" on the back of the box
3. At some point (less than 2 hours) your old phone will stop receiving calls.
4. On the iPhone, dial *22899 or *22890 to program the phone
5. When programming is complete, dial any number (there will be a small delay).
The call should then complete.
6. Go back to the Page Plus website and "ADD" the phone to your account
7. Apply the Page Plus plan (and auto replenishment) of your choice to the phone
Any suggestions for an existing customer to activate an iPhone on PP?