Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4S on PagePlus

Feedback Score
    The unlock iPHone is equipped with CDMA chip (Although Apple claims it only support GSM carrier).
    So I am wondering if there's a chance people can use it in CDMA carrier by programming it. Just like flashing sprint nexus 4g to PPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It would have to be the Verizon model.

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by interspy24 View Post
    Btw, I'm having trouble getting imessage to work. It won't activate and through various forums this seems to be a common problem. That's actually why I did the reset, but still no luck. Any ideas?
    Personally I just disable iMessage... sure that abscure time someone with a iPod or pad can't send me a message but if it's off other iphones just default back to sending you txt messages... which you have unlimited instead of using data which is not

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Personally I just disable iMessage... sure that abscure time someone with a iPod or pad can't send me a message but if it's off other iphones just default back to sending you txt messages... which you have unlimited instead of using data which is not
    Yeah, it's not a big deal but it worked before.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's not a big deal but it worked before.
    try changing your itunes password, then reset your phone (back up / restore) go back through the activation, re-enter your NEW password, and try to login.

If that doesn't work, switch to 3g or to wifi (whichever you weren't using) and try again. should solve it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    try changing your itunes password, then reset your phone (back up / restore) go back through the activation, re-enter your NEW password, and try to login.

If that doesn't work, switch to 3g or to wifi (whichever you weren't using) and try again. should solve it.
    Thanks for the recommendation, already tried that earlier this week. People said to change the DNS settings but still no luck. I think I'll just leave it alone, it seems to be quite problematic for others as well.

Frankly at this time I'm a little worried about the pageplus rep telling me that iphones aren't supported.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the recommendation, already tried that earlier this week. People said to change the DNS settings but still no luck. I think I'll just leave it alone, it seems to be quite problematic for others as well.

Frankly at this time I'm a little worried about the pageplus rep telling me that iphones aren't supported.
    yeah, if it is not a "must have" for you then I also would let it lie for now.

I actually had a problem activating one iPhone for another person where the CSR did the esn change, and then went to give me programming instructions (which I quickly told her weren't needed) and she said "Um, my screen is showing this is an iPhone. These are not allowed on the network and I have to remove it." and wouldn't give me an option to keep it. She just did an ESN change back to the original phone but still was a pain.

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

I actually had a problem activating one iPhone for another person where the CSR did the esn change, and then went to give me programming instructions (which I quickly told her weren't needed) and she said "Um, my screen is showing this is an iPhone. These are not allowed on the network and I have to remove it." and wouldn't give me an option to keep it. She just did an ESN change back to the original phone but still was a pain.
    Uh oh....please don't remove existing PP iPhones, I will lose it!

Feedback Score

When I first activated my service about 3 weeks ago they didn't say anything. However, this CSR noticed it was an iphone and told me I might lose my number in the future. Hopefully I don't get any grief later.

I was actually looking to get an iphone 4s in the next month or two. I'm guessing the new iphone will be 4g, so that might be difficult to have on the pageplus plans. Figured the 4s would drop in price as well.

Feedback Score

Post Activating 4S on PP network without activating in Verizon

When I first activated my service about 3 weeks ago they didn't say anything. However, this CSR noticed it was an iphone and told me I might lose my number in the future. Hopefully I don't get any grief later.

I was actually looking to get an iphone 4s in the next month or two. I'm guessing the new iphone will be 4g, so that might be difficult to have on the pageplus plans. Figured the 4s would drop in price as well.
    Hi,

I am currently on T-Mobile and I am planning to buy Verizon 4S from Apple store with full price and activate/port via PP online activation. I am concerned if I can activate the 4S on PP without activating in Verizon first? Is it possible to do that or I have to activate 4S on Verizon first?

Thanks,

Tiktiki

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The reports I have seen (purely anecodtal--I have no experience here) suggest the 4S must have been activated on Verizon before you can activate it on Page Plus. No idea, and I'm not about to waste a few hundred dollars to find out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktiki View Post
    Is it possible to do that or I have to activate 4S on Verizon first?
    I can testify firsthand that you don't need to activate on VZ first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by splicerd View Post
    Thank you!

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by splicerd View Post
    Did you activate with customer service, yourself online or a dealer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    Did you activate with customer service, yourself online or a dealer?
    The first one I sorta made a mess of the process online and needed some help from customer service.
    The second one went smooth, but I had to dial *22890 (instead of *22899 like I did for the first one). I didn't find that out until I called customer service again.

Here are some instructions that I gave to a friend that worked well for him:

1. Set-up account on website

2. Port your current number to Page Plus
    ***The iPhone's ESN is labeled "IMEI/MEID" on the back of the box

3. At some point (less than 2 hours) your old phone will stop receiving calls.

4. On the iPhone, dial *22899 or *22890 to program the phone

5. When programming is complete, dial any number (there will be a small delay).
    The call should then complete.

6. Go back to the Page Plus website and "ADD" the phone to your account

7. Apply the Page Plus plan (and auto replenishment) of your choice to the phone

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Any suggestions for an existing customer to activate an iPhone on PP?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast