Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Airvoice Wireless: New $10 monthly plan

Feedback Score

Airvoice Wireless: New $10 monthly plan

http://www.airvoicewireless.com/Plans10Min.aspx

Looks like we have our first monthly plan cheaper then Page Plus's "12". Though PPC offers more for the money. This plan is similar to H20's $25 plan where it is a credit and you can use that credit up on the monthly rates of

Anytime Minutes 4 Cents per minute
    Text Messages 2 Cents per message
    Data 33 cents per MB
    MMS 10 cents per message
    International SMS 20 cents per message
    International MMS 20 cents per message

Comes out to 250 minutes or 500 texts or 30 megs or 100 mms or 50 intl sms/mms.
    Pricepoint is good but PPC is the better value...

They really are trying to get monthly plans to hit paygo users too. You get low rates with this (at least for talk/text) but you give up one big plus called "rollover".

Between this and their $35 plan, I can see Air Voice dominating the lower end gsm monthly plan arena.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Do you know if they still charge a daily or monthly service fee with that?

Feedback Score
    I would call Air Voice cs to find out. They are fast and efficient. I would assume they do.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is a good plan.

mommusic: At the top of the page if the link, it does say "no daily fees, no monthly fees," so I am assuming there are no fees.

fonezfonz: I think the balance do rollover. On the page, click on tab "$10 plan Terms of Service," then do a word search for " carried "; there is 1 sentence at the bottom of the page that said the balance do roll over (or balance do carried over). But I agree that Page Plus The 12 plan has more value.

I, on the other hand, value rollovers over "per min. cost".

Another nice feature in that term of service: you keep your phone number for 90 days after your service ends, in case you forget to refill.

Good fined.

Feedback Score
    Rates could also be compared to $80/2000 standard plan, but the same thing applies in comparison. No rollover. Too bad Air Voice is not doing that.

Feedback Score
    The Airvoice plan is 500 texts or 250 minutes per month vs page plus' 250 minutes and 250 texts and 10 MB data.
    It is unclear what extra minutes or texts beyond the 250 cost. I like the fact it is GSM service with a sim card. The monthly fees on Airvoices pay as you go plan is $1 per month, so I hope it doesn't apply here.

How is the porting process with Airvoice? Are you assigned a temporary number first and ported later? Is it fairly fast and without problems?

Feedback Score
    PPC's "12" enjoys really cheap overage rates compared to Air Voice which has the same rate for the $10 monthly plan regardless of usage. I think AV's plan is the beginning (along with the 12) of monthly mini/microplans for really light users. The primary advantage of AV is that it allows you to use it in any way you want.

PPC does give you more for your money. But I don't think it has rollover. This $10 monthly plan should not be confused with their $10 paygo card which has rollover but much higher per minute , text and data rates.

Feedback Score
    I'm on PureTalk USA's $10 flex, and this plan seems much better....does Airvoice charge to port numbers? I'm also confused as to how I order service with them. Just got a response and they say that they have no automatic refills, so I'd have to make sure I buy time every month...not sure if the inconvenience and lack of rollover is worth it..?
    Last edited by ryboto; 02-29-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    If true, AVs lack of automatic refills would be a deal killer for me. I can't imagine starting a phone conversation at 249 minutes and getting cut off.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    I'm on PureTalk USA's $10 flex, and this plan seems much better....does Airvoice charge to port numbers? I'm also confused as to how I order service with them. Just got a response and they say that they have no automatic refills, so I'd have to make sure I buy time every month...not sure if the inconvenience and lack of rollover is worth it..?
    According to the Airvoice site unused airtime does rollover. It's on http://www.airvoicewireless.com/Plans10Min.aspx on the "How To Add Funds to my account" tab
    "If you do not finish your remaining airtime before your next expiration date, you can carry over your balance to the next expiration date! Make sure you add another refill card before your account expires, and all airtime will rollover to the next payment date."
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Almost ideal, if data will be less (like 10c or so) but I guess for ATT it's almost impossible ...

Feedback Score
    Considering this is fundamentally a $10 credit plan and not xx number of anything (minutes/sms/data megs), it makes sense to have rollover . Though it doesn't give as much as the 12 from PPC does, Page Plus's plan has NO rollover. This makes this plan have its own unique advantages. Certainly better then any paygo with 30 day expiry dates like Red Pocket's $10 card (67 measly minutes), Pure Prepaid's monthly cycle of 10 cents per minute, and Att's own $15 card which has only 30 days too. This isn't a bad deal at all really for ultra light users. It has the makings of a hit for micro monthly plan users. Air Voice is smart to get this as their high end stuff has too little data to be competitive at this time.

Finally, a monthly plan WITH rollover (with the other exception being Red Pocket/Jolt/Horizon Mobile's data rollover. Unofficial of course. )

Feedback Score
    this plan is great! i'd love ppc's 12 plan but i want to use gsm iphone instead of cdma

Feedback Score
    Competitor and fellow Att mvno H20 changed their $10 and $20 minute plans to similar levels. They now give 5 cent minutes and texts, 10 cent mms and 33 cents a meg on data. Close to this plan. Att's giving its mvnos a new round of price breaks it seems...btw, it says in big bold letters on the website for this plan: No Daily Fees, No Monthly Fees, No Hidden Fees .

Rollover and no hidden fees with lower rates then their traditional paygo. Nice alternative.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 03-01-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    Airvoice seems like the better deal of the two...I'm hoping Pure changes their plans so I don't have to switch...Although, as much as I love $10/mo plans, the $25 H2O plan is tempting....
    bah! Just called Pure, their texting is still listed as 5 cents/text, but supposedly it's now 3. Still their minutes are 9.9cents/min, so with the $10 airvoice, I could get more than double the minutes on $10, the only negative is that I would have to manually refill my phone....

Then there's H2O with an auto-refill, but their texts are 3 cents more...does anyone know if H2O's auto refill is available with all of their plans? Their SIM is $5 more than airvoices...hhmm....pinching pennies is annoying.
    Last edited by ryboto; 03-01-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast