Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Airvoice Wireless: New $10 monthly plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    Their SIM is $5 more than airvoices...hhmm....pinching pennies is annoying.
    Here are links to both AV and H2O sim cards for a buck plus free shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H2O-WIRELESS...#ht_500wt_1156

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-VOICE-UN...#ht_502wt_1270

Feedback Score
    H20 has the better deal at the $25 point but no rollover , it is a true monthly plan, you don't use it , you lose it. Air Voice vs H20 at $10 is: Minutes: 4c vs 5c. Texts: 2c vs 5c. Data: 33c vs 30 c per meg. To me , it's Air Voice all the way in this range as H20 Cs is horrible.

Feedback Score
    Finally!!! a GSM MVNO offering 5 cents/min calls yay!! h20 wireless, but i heard to stay away from them

Feedback Score
    PP 12 gives more for 12$ but after... 10c per min (more than here), 10c per SMS (more than here) and 20c per MB (less than here).
    So AirVoice is really good and it's GSM for someone it may be a deciding factor. AirVoice is in par with 80$ PP (although year cost 120 against 80 on PP). So i really like that there is GSM provider with close rate to PP!!! Actually for me now looks like AirVoice is winner because of data (33c vs 99c on standard PP plan)

What is about coverage? For me it looks like the same as GoPhone from ATT...
    Last edited by efredmi; 03-01-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added question about coverage

Feedback Score
    I like the idea of rollover minutes, and I could always load an extra refill card to keep the balance high, but having to manually refill 12 times a year is too much effort to keep track of. I think PP will automatically deduct the balance for their 12 plan, so tthat plan can be run on autopilot for a lot longer.

Phones
    Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5, Moto X,
    evo3d,gnex,atrix,e71,v3xx,s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    This sucks for PAYG users. I just put my Mom on h2o for the $3.33/month, the plan was auto switched to the new plan with a refill. Deleted h2o from the PAYG chart.

Sheesh. For someone that uses 10 minutes a month, this became worse than even at&t payg at $7.50/month after 10% callingmart refill. Due to the senior phone it has to be gsm and for coverage it has to be at&t.
    Last edited by dmarkson; 03-02-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Confirmed auto switch to new rate

Phone
    Nexus 4 unlocked
    Carrier
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Please bear with me here guys... for some reason today I'm not quite getting things clearly.

This is an at&t mvno right? So native towers only of course?
    Full byod? Can I use my Galaxy S2 which is currently on Straight Talk? If so, are there apn settings available?
    Regarding the overage, I think I'm interpreting it as whenever you add a $10 card it starts the plan over? So, if you run out of balance on your account your only option is to add another card? Are the cards available via calling mart? It seems like they offer true pay as you go on there but not sure if I'm seeing this option. (edit- looks like maybe the plan is so new that it is not updated yet?)

I really want to trim my cell phone bill due to trying to aggressively pay down some student loans :/

Phone
    Nexus 4 unlocked
    Carrier
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Also, despite the data cost @.33/mb..... this was listed at the bottom of the "how to use my features" tab

"$10 Plan customers will be charged $2.00 per 1mB used, and must contact customer service to request Data to be added on the account. "

Huh?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I just noticed the mention of $2 per MB in the location you point out (also under the "$10 Plan Terms of Service" tab). It's possible this is an oversight and related to the other $10 plan (regular PAYGO). We'll have to see what shakes out via reports from users.

Phones
    N95-4
    E815
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if one could add the $10 cash card to have as backup in case the $10/mo plan reached its limit prior to the 30 day expiration. I assume it would be $.10/min but at least one wouldn't be cutoff mid-call. Interesting "insurance" idea, but on the AV site it says "Additional Data, Additional MMS, Purchase Content."

Hmm

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k-sider View Post
    Also, despite the data cost @.33/mb..... this was listed at the bottom of the "how to use my features" tab

"$10 Plan customers will be charged $2.00 per 1mB used, and must contact customer service to request Data to be added on the account. "

Huh?
    I'm thinking about switching my wife's iPhone to this plan since she's a light user. So I called customer service to ask about this discrepancy. The very cute sounding rep acknowledged it was mistake and it actually is 33 cents/MB and not $2. She said that it used to be $2 and that she would tell "them" to correct it.

Phone
    Nexus 4 unlocked
    Carrier
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about switching over soon, we'll see how that goes... should I just use the iphone apn settings listed? There are no apn settings for android, but hopefully I can figure it out. I already got the sim card on ebay for a dollar.

Feedback Score
    Been using it for a while now, I do appreciate that after every call/text you get a balance notification. Pretty nice. We'll see how adding minutes goes if I use more than my $10/mo.

I really do like the idea of Truphone though....no expiration date as long as I send a text or make a call within 90 days, and free incoming texts...still, price is a bit high per minute. If they came down a little, I'd be all over it, and I'd use even less minutes than I do now, and wait until I was at a pc to respond to texts using google voice!
    Last edited by ryboto; 03-20-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Feedback Score
    Ryboto, are you manually refilling it or have you found a way to autopay? Also, when your month is up can you confirm rollover?

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    Been using it for a while now, I do appreciate that after every call/text you get a balance notification. Pretty nice. We'll see how adding minutes goes if I use more than my $10/mo.

I really do like the idea of Truphone though....no expiration date as long as I send a text or make a call within 90 days, and free incoming texts...still, price is a bit high per minute. If they came down a little, I'd be all over it, and I'd use even less minutes than I do now, and wait until I was at a pc to respond to texts using google voice!
    Benefits of TRU: service on BOTH AT&T and T-Mobile, free incoming SMS (outgoing is high though), and reasonable pay-go data (17 cents per MB.) Plus the long expiration. Disadvantage is you pay $15 for a SIM (a rip-off but ST is the same) and higher overall rates. It really depends on your intended usage pattern.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast