Thread: HTC One V - Make T-Mobile Version

Feedback Score

HTC One V - Make T-Mobile Version

Does anyone else feel like we're being snubbed by using the 1700/2100 spectrum? A bunch of phones have been released from HTC, Samsung and others and I've only seen one for T-Mobile which is another gigantic 4.3" phone from HTC.

HTC released a normal sized 3.7" phone but so far only for GSM, The HTC One V;

I can't stand anything larger than 4". What would it take for T-Mobile to get some of these 3.7" phones? The only other one I can think of is the Samsung Exhibit II 4G, which so far doesn't have much choice for custom ROMs when rooted (I'm particularly enjoying MIUI).
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

Feedback Score
    4.3" is not much different from 3.7". Screen size is measured diagonally so the difference between actual device size is not that much. If you can fit 3.7" in your pockets, you can fit a 4.3" screen device.

Because we use AWS/1700, we always need to look harder for 3G devices. That's how it's always been. If the spectrum refarming happens in your area, maybe the 1900 mhz will work for you and then you import whatever the hell you want.

Right now, the HTC One S is the only one OFFICIALLY released for T-mobile. BUT, there are many others with the Snapdragon S4 processor that support AWS bands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    If you can fit 3.7" in your pockets, you can fit a 4.3" screen device.
    That depends on the jeans, and 4.3" phones are huge, especially when taking into consideration their bezel. If the screens were edge to edge of the phone itself, this wouldnt be a problem, but then I'd still prefer a smaller screen. Some of us still put priority over true portability.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I have absolutely no problem putting my amaze 4g in my jeans (or any pocket) and that has a 4.3 inch screen too.
    Granted i don't wear super tight jeans like some of the emo kids do. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    I have absolutely no problem putting my amaze 4g in my jeans (or any pocket) and that has a 4.3 inch screen too.
    Granted i don't wear super tight jeans like some of the emo kids do. lol
    Neither do I, but pulling out my HTC Panache is a pain. More so the fact that it sticks out like a fat bulging brick when ive got the phone inside the pocket. Regardless, theyre making all these ridiculously stupid gigantic phones available for all the carriers, but the ones that are portable are completely ignored.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    The specs online show the amaze both thicker/larger and heavier than the Panache. Is it due to the material of the phone possibly why you have issues with the panache?
    Amaze 4g
    [table] [TR] [TH]
    [/TH] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]130 x 65.6 x 11.8 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]172.9 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    panache
    [table] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]122.2 x 62.5 x 11.1 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]150 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    The specs online show the amaze both thicker/larger and heavier than the Panache. Is it due to the material of the phone possibly why you have issues with the panache?
    Amaze 4g
    [table] [TR] [TH]
    [/TH] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]130 x 65.6 x 11.8 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]172.9 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    panache
    [table] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]122.2 x 62.5 x 11.1 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]150 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    Before my Panache, I had a Nokia e71;

114 x 57 x 10 mm

Its a significant difference between that and the Panache... compared to an HTC Amaze its ridiculous.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Does anyone else feel like we're being snubbed by using the 1700/2100 spectrum? A bunch of phones have been released from HTC, Samsung and others and I've only seen one for T-Mobile which is another gigantic 4.3" phone from HTC.

I can't stand anything larger than 4". What would it take for T-Mobile to get some of these 3.7" phones? The only other one I can think of is the Samsung Exhibit II 4G, which so far doesn't have much choice for custom ROMs when rooted (I'm particularly enjoying MIUI).
    The HTC One S is not that gigantic....I'm surprised they didn't release the HTC One V for t-mobile since it is probably cheaper and could replace the wildfire S