Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: HTC One V - Make T-Mobile Version

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    275
    Feedback Score
    0

    HTC One V - Make T-Mobile Version

    Does anyone else feel like we're being snubbed by using the 1700/2100 spectrum? A bunch of phones have been released from HTC, Samsung and others and I've only seen one for T-Mobile which is another gigantic 4.3" phone from HTC.

    HTC released a normal sized 3.7" phone but so far only for GSM, The HTC One V;



    I can't stand anything larger than 4". What would it take for T-Mobile to get some of these 3.7" phones? The only other one I can think of is the Samsung Exhibit II 4G, which so far doesn't have much choice for custom ROMs when rooted (I'm particularly enjoying MIUI).
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    489
    Feedback Score
    0
    4.3" is not much different from 3.7". Screen size is measured diagonally so the difference between actual device size is not that much. If you can fit 3.7" in your pockets, you can fit a 4.3" screen device.

    Because we use AWS/1700, we always need to look harder for 3G devices. That's how it's always been. If the spectrum refarming happens in your area, maybe the 1900 mhz will work for you and then you import whatever the hell you want.

    Right now, the HTC One S is the only one OFFICIALLY released for T-mobile. BUT, there are many others with the Snapdragon S4 processor that support AWS bands.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    275
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    If you can fit 3.7" in your pockets, you can fit a 4.3" screen device.
    That depends on the jeans, and 4.3" phones are huge, especially when taking into consideration their bezel. If the screens were edge to edge of the phone itself, this wouldnt be a problem, but then I'd still prefer a smaller screen. Some of us still put priority over true portability.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,393
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have absolutely no problem putting my amaze 4g in my jeans (or any pocket) and that has a 4.3 inch screen too.
    Granted i don't wear super tight jeans like some of the emo kids do. lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    275
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    I have absolutely no problem putting my amaze 4g in my jeans (or any pocket) and that has a 4.3 inch screen too.
    Granted i don't wear super tight jeans like some of the emo kids do. lol
    Neither do I, but pulling out my HTC Panache is a pain. More so the fact that it sticks out like a fat bulging brick when ive got the phone inside the pocket. Regardless, theyre making all these ridiculously stupid gigantic phones available for all the carriers, but the ones that are portable are completely ignored.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,393
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    0
    The specs online show the amaze both thicker/larger and heavier than the Panache. Is it due to the material of the phone possibly why you have issues with the panache?
    Amaze 4g
    [table] [TR] [TH]
    [/TH] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]130 x 65.6 x 11.8 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]172.9 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    panache
    [table] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]122.2 x 62.5 x 11.1 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]150 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    275
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    The specs online show the amaze both thicker/larger and heavier than the Panache. Is it due to the material of the phone possibly why you have issues with the panache?
    Amaze 4g
    [table] [TR] [TH]
    [/TH] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]130 x 65.6 x 11.8 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]172.9 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    panache
    [table] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Dimensions[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]122.2 x 62.5 x 11.1 mm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: ttl"]Weight[/TD] [TD="class: nfo"]150 g[/TD] [/TR] [/table]
    Before my Panache, I had a Nokia e71;

    114 x 57 x 10 mm

    Its a significant difference between that and the Panache... compared to an HTC Amaze its ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    958
    Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Does anyone else feel like we're being snubbed by using the 1700/2100 spectrum? A bunch of phones have been released from HTC, Samsung and others and I've only seen one for T-Mobile which is another gigantic 4.3" phone from HTC.

    I can't stand anything larger than 4". What would it take for T-Mobile to get some of these 3.7" phones? The only other one I can think of is the Samsung Exhibit II 4G, which so far doesn't have much choice for custom ROMs when rooted (I'm particularly enjoying MIUI).
    The HTC One S is not that gigantic....I'm surprised they didn't release the HTC One V for t-mobile since it is probably cheaper and could replace the wildfire S

Similar Threads

  1. For Trade: HTC G2 UNLOCKED & ROOTED T-MOBILE VERSION for HTC HD2 T-MOBILE VERSION + $50
    By lukeiphone in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
  2. Trade: my T-mobile Version MDA Compact IV HTC Diamond GSM
    By Guest 133 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
  3. Which Opera Mobile Version for HTC TyTn II?
    By Haroldw in forum Hacks and Programs For HTC Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  5. Making a mobile version of my site
    By al2six in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks